Zach Parise vs Brady Murray

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingPurpleDinosaur

Bandwagon Kings Fan
Dec 17, 2002
irvine, ca
www.anteaterhockey.com
this is a question out of ignorance, rather then speculation. So anyways, Brady Murray is currently one point over Zach Parise, 2 inches shorter, one year younger on the same team but was drafted in the 5th round rather than the 1st that Parise was. Can anybody tell me why? Is Murray missing something that Parise has or is he just somebody who slipped through the ranks?

is it possible that teams see him as being reliant on Parise or is he just as capable of turning heads in the NHL as Parise is? sure, i heard parise is not having as great a year as he was expected, but to have a freshman do that well and be on the first line is pretty good, isn't it? Does anyone have anymore input on Murray and can go into more detail about what his potential is int he NHL?

Lastly, if we were to redraft with the information we have on Murray right now, would he go higher then where he was drafted?

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Well, from what I've heard, Parise's knee injury earlier in the year has really hindered him this year, but he still receives all that attention on that line, leaving it wide open for Bochenski and Murray, and they're good enough to capitalize on it.

jake1

Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
A few things:

Parise is 20 days older than Murray.

I think Parise is the best player on that line, but it's really close. To say that Parise gets all the attention and the other guys are free to do as they please sells the other guys more than just a little short.

It took Murray about three games to adjust to the college game, which is less than the year it takes most freshmen and more than the shift it took Parise last year. However, after he was up to speed, I noticed right away that there is not a 1st round/5th round gap between the two players. That's not to say Parise was a bad pick in the first, or Murray a good pick in the fifth, but they seem very close as players, to me.

They are both tenacious beyond their size along the boards, both great passers, maybe equal shots, Parise maybe more physical and stronger on his skates, Murray definitely faster. I didn't see the last few games, but observers said Parise was playing the best hockey of his career, and just wasn't getting the points right now to show for it. Apparently he was a machine defensively, very responsible.

jiggs 10

Dec 5, 2002
Hockeytown, ND
Visit site
I agree, Murray didn't look like much for 4 games at the start of the season. Then he scored 2 in one game and found his confidence. He has been going like gangbusters since. But to compare the 2...Murray is a little quicker, more of a darter, and keeps the puck a little more. Parise is always looking for the best play, not just the easy play. They play very well together, but Murray also plays well when he is on a different line (like this past weekend). Murray is very good, but Parise just has that "it" that special players have. Nice to have them both here!!! :D

Gordon Howe is #1

Dec 10, 2003
Minnesota
Visit site
Yeah, Murray is awfully good, but I think his size is what hurt him in the draft. He was also picked by the kings, so it is hard to say how much farther he would have fallen had they not taken him. Also, he is not the 3rd best on his line, he is the 2nd best, Bochenski is worthless. Parise and Murray would have twice the points if Bochenski knew how to pass and wanted to pass. Murray is a pure player, but the clutch and grab league that is the NHL might be too tough on him. I am also glad he is at UND, and that we are keeping the Shattuck- North Dakota pipeline goin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->