Zach Benson would be a great selection at 5 by Habs?

Zach Benson a good option at 5 for Habs?

• Yess

Votes: 28 32.2%
  • No

Votes: 59 67.8%

• Total voters

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I really think that Zach Benson is really underrated right now and he is worth a top 5 pick this year. I would be very pleased with Slaf and Benson after 2 years tank. They are both very talented two-way young players. Slaf is a powerforward and Benson is a offensive two-way talented player.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I personally wouldn't take him this high. Yes he's a good player but I'm not as high as others are on him. I wouldn't consider taking him until maybe the 12-15 spot.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
I am a firm believer in Benson's skill, but the demand for sub 5'10 players in the NHL is non-existent. You guys already have Caufield and adding another player as small as him would be tough to build around. There are a lot of other talents available at 5 like Ryan Leonard or Reinbacher that will surely benefit you guys more structurally than a Zach Benson type.

I recommend using high draft capital on players that are easier to build around.

I know that small players have a place in the game, but I have yet to see two top 6 forwards that are smaller than 5'10 get anywhere in the playoffs.

Reactions: biturbo19

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
He's got the sort of high-end talent that could make him a "great selection at pick 5". If he entirely pans out to his full upside, he could be a top offensive winger in the league. I just don't think that's likely enough to justify a small winger at that pick, with the other talent that is guaranteed to be there. So no, i don't think he'd be a great pick at 5...even though he does have the potential to look that way years from now down the line.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Benson is a brilliant pick at 5. Don't let the haters sway your mind.

Also plz pass this suggestion on to Habs' management.

Thanks!

Fan of team that's picking 9th.

I'm a big fan of Benson and I think if Habs focus on Smith, Michkov, Benson or Leonard for the #5, I'm a happy guy! Hope you got a really good player with your 9. This draft is really deep!!

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
I would rather one of Carlsson, Michkov or Smith. One of those 3 will be available in 5th spot, most likely Michkov or Smith.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
4th best player in the draft, so yes, unless Michkov is there.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Habs do love their short players.
Ya they go good with our 25 players who are 6 ft plus.

I'm a big fan of Benson and I think if Habs focus on Smith, Michkov, Benson or Leonard for the #5, I'm a happy guy! Hope you got a really good player with your 9. This draft is really deep!!
If the Habs focus on anyone but Smith, Michkov at# 5 a lot of Hab fans are going to be, rightfully so ,ANGRY.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad