Z. Parise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
JimEIV said:
Congratulations on Parise's NHL Preseason Debut!

6-8 Faceoffs 75%

1 goal and 1 shootout goal

Named First Star of the Game!
You also forgot he had 8 shots but the main stat is that he only played around 11 minutes all game including OT. Amazing production for little ice time.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Tallackson - Parise - Kozlov worked real well together tonight, I gather. I expect the winger to change come the regular season, but I think Parise and Kozlov are going to stick. We'll see.

Otops

Sep 20, 2005
I think it would be foolish to separate Kozlov and Parise. Other wing = who though? That's the question. Only time will tell.

A_Mack17

Nov 22, 2004
Outback, Australia
Quick time to start up 'THE OFFICIAL THREAD OF KING PARISE' so i can bow down to him :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

By the way im a Devils fan and im not trying to give anyone crap! :D

Anyway well done to Parise this is the kind of start i was hoping he would have! very impressive :clap:

ZadorovNJD*

Another goal in his 2nd preseason game, and once again named #1 star.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Vinnie said:
Another goal in his 2nd preseason game, and once again named #1 star.
Our second line of Parise and Kozlov have far outplayed Gomez and Mogilny's line.

Elias - Gomez - Mogilny
Kozlov - Parise - Gionta

These are looking like our lines when Elias comes back.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Jason MacIsaac said:
Our second line of Parise and Kozlov have far outplayed Gomez and Mogilny's line.

Elias - Gomez - Mogilny
Kozlov - Parise - Gionta

These are looking like our lines when Elias comes back.

How about Elias - Gomez - Gionta again with Kozlov - Parise - Mogilny?

JR#9*

The new rules are custom made for a guy like Parise and he will be a very nice player for the Devils for many yrs to come.

Nice deflection last night for a PP goal and he always keeps his feet moving ala Mike York.

Meat Wave

Apr 4, 2003
Canada
How long before Jon Prescription steps in this thread and calls Parise the 2nd most overrated prospect on HF after Latendresse?

:shakehead

DownFromNJ

Mar 7, 2004
How about Elias - Gomez - Gionta again with Kozlov - Parise - Mogilny?

The consensus is that you want Gomez with Mogilny due to past chemistry.

From what I've heard (I'm in Rhode Island right now, so can't see the games), is that Gomez and Mogilny are flying together, but they can't find a good winger.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Kyle Chipchura said:
How long before Jon Prescription steps in this thread and calls Parise the 2nd most overrated prospect on HF after Latendresse?

:shakehead

Parise isnt overrated. Latendresse is though. ;)

Meat Wave

Apr 4, 2003
Canada
FLYLine88 said:
Parise isnt overrated. Latendresse is though. ;)

When he'll stop getting good results, I'll gladly admit that he is overrated.

As of now though: 3gp-3g-2a-5pts with more than 15 hits in his last 2 games, and many of those where thunderous bodychecks (ask Jonathan Girard or Mark Stuart). Good enough for me.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I watched the game last night and I really liked what I saw not only from Parise, but the whole Devils line-up. Despite the loss of Stevens and Niedermayer, I think the Devils will continue to be a very good squad with players tailor made for the new rules.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Rabid Ranger said:
I watched the game last night and I really liked what I saw not only from Parise, but the whole Devils line-up. Despite the loss of Stevens and Niedermayer, I think the Devils will continue to be a very good squad with players tailor made for the new rules.
Rangers didn't ice their best team. NJ had alot of regulars in the lineup.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Rabid Ranger said:

No offense, but Rangers had 12 players from the minors in the game yesterday night and a goalie who played his first full NA game in net, and no Jagr. Only winning 3-1 (should have been 3-2 but our minor leaguer could push a puck 1 inch over a line with nobody on him) isnt reason to believe that the devils squad will be very good. Its its not like the Devils dominated the game either, the Rangers were in the devils zone even strength just as much or maybe even more then the devils were.

CofRed

Jul 28, 2005
I also caught the game last night on NHL network.

Who impressed:

1. Gionta. Was buzzing around the ice all night. Doesn't shy away from contact despite his small stature.

2. Parise. Very shifty, smart player. Passed the puck a few times when he should have shot, Larry will take care of that im sure.

3. Mogilny. Looked dangerous at times, with an extremely quick release. He will certainly play on the top line with Gomez this year.

4. Brodeur. Should pick up 5-10 assists this year with his speedy forwards and his incredible ability to get the puck up ice. (the backup, (Ahonen?) looked sharp as well)
Trivia Note: what is the single-season record for points by a goaltender?

5. Lundqvist. The reason NJ only tallied 3 on a weak rangers squad. He should get share duties with Weekes this season.

and was that Rem Murray taking on Oliwa? :handclap:

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
CofRed said:
I also caught the game last night on NHL network.

Who impressed:

1. Gionta. Was buzzing around the ice all night. Doesn't shy away from contact despite his small stature.

2. Parise. Very shifty, smart player. Passed the puck a few times when he should have shot, Larry will take care of that im sure.

3. Mogilny. Looked dangerous at times, with an extremely quick release. He will certainly play on the top line with Gomez this year.

4. Brodeur. Should pick up 5-10 assists this year with his speedy forwards and his incredible ability to get the puck up ice. (the backup, (Ahonen?) looked sharp as well)
Trivia Note: what is the single-season record for points by a goaltender?

5. Lundqvist. The reason NJ only tallied 3 on a weak rangers squad. He should get share duties with Weekes this season.

and was that Rem Murray taking on Oliwa? :handclap:

It was Garth Murray, most likely a career AHLer.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Jason MacIsaac said:
Rangers didn't ice their best team. NJ had alot of regulars in the lineup.

I know that. I still liked what I saw from the Devils and feel they will be a definate threat this year.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
We new that Parise had good play making abilities and a scoring touch, but the part of his game I like most is his defensive awareness, how he battles for lose pucks and is pretty good on face-offs. That's not bad for a rookie!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->