Z.Parise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Brownov*

Does it look as though he's ready for the NHL?What kind of impact can this kid make in NJ?Point predictions are welcome as well.Thank you!

NJDevils#4

Since 2002, bishes
Jul 11, 2002
New Jersey
Visit site
Yes, he's ready for the NHL. A lot of us on the NJ boards have him centering the 2nd line. If I had to predict his point totals, I'd go with something like 18 goals, 30 assists, 48 points.

This kid is going to be a good one...another steal by Lou.

Robertsson 4-ever

Jan 26, 2004
Wexio
I'm also curious about seeing this little centerman, and what he can do at this level. I've read about him and saw him some shifts in the World Champs, and he looked good. If he turns out good, Devils have a very good centerline with Gomez, Parise and Madden.

bigjags*

Who is he comparable to when he'll be in his prime? My dynasty draft is coming up, I can use all the juicey info I can get. Esp from guys from NJ.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
bigjags said:
Who is he comparable to when he'll be in his prime? My dynasty draft is coming up, I can use all the juicey info I can get. Esp from guys from NJ.
I always compare him to Butch Goring of the great Islanders dynasty of the '80's, same type of player that stats alone won't tell you the whole story and what kind of hockey player he is.

Jaysfanatic*

I'd have to say Pat Lafontaine, without the 1000 points.

MojoJojo

Jan 31, 2003
Philadelphia
Visit site
What surprised me about Parise was that he wasnt the shut down guy I was expecting from reading the scouting reports. He was a pure offensive threat in the AHL, and was pretty lazy about keeping up with his own end. I have only seen him play once (besides clips from the WJC), but this was confirmed by his plus/minus, even relative to the rest of Albany, and by other posters that have seen him play. He just doesnt seem to be a prototypical Devil. It will be very, very interesting to see how they use him.

DownFromNJ

Mar 7, 2004
20 goals, 30 assists rookie season. He's good. He was hurt by a bad team and bad teammates in Albany. He could see a lot of PP time this year, and may make it on the 2nd PK line without Elias.

His game is nothing like Mike York's. Pat Lafontaine is not a bad comparison. Brendan Morrison with more potential is better.

Gags1288

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
And flyers fans are constantly criticisized for expecting comparable numbers out of a better prospects, who will be playing with better linemates. Go figure.

I like Parise,he's a very solid offensive prospect. I think the Brendan Morrison comparison is a decent one.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
MojoJojo said:
What surprised me about Parise was that he wasnt the shut down guy I was expecting from reading the scouting reports. He was a pure offensive threat in the AHL, and was pretty lazy about keeping up with his own end. I have only seen him play once (besides clips from the WJC), but this was confirmed by his plus/minus, even relative to the rest of Albany, and by other posters that have seen him play. He just doesnt seem to be a prototypical Devil. It will be very, very interesting to see how they use him.

This post doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, and I definately know it doesn't make much sense to most Devil fans.

DuklaNation

Aug 26, 2004
He was about a pt a game in 2nd half las year. This bodes well considering he had no decent linemates. I'd say 50 pts is very realistic. Reminds me of Doug Weight.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
doug weight is a good comparison. i havent seen him as much as id like to, but it is obvious that he is a very smar player. A great skater, though he is not a speedster. He has a low center of gravity and is quick and deceptive, but it is his vision that is his go to characteristic. Ive seen alot of Sid Crosby, and they have similar styles (both did learn at the same school). Parise doesnt shield the puck as well as crosby, but he is shifty, gritty, and a good playmaker. I would say Parise is a slower, weaker version of crosby, which translates into still a good prospect. Id expect 40-50 points if he gets good linemates.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
IMO he has the potential to score around 20 goals as a rookie. That said, the NHL season is a long hard road (out of hell), and he's gonna have to work really hard. Fortunately he'll end up centering the 2nd line in NJ this year. I wish him luck!

Strong Island

Jun 6, 2004
Long Island, NY
Sammy said:
Top end, Mike York.

This year, 8 goals , 15 assists

Zach Parise at UND:

Freshman year: 26g 35a 61p in 39 games

Sophomore year: 23g 32a 55p in 37 games

Mike York at Michigan State:

Freshman year: 12g 27a 39p in 39 games

Sophomore year: 18g 29a 47p in 37 games

Parise may play like Mike York, but his "top potential" significantly surpasses the kind of player York is (and I'm a big fan of his).

My guess for his point production is 15g 30a... we'll see who's closer...

bigjags*

Rabid Ranger said:
This post doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, and I definately know it doesn't make much sense to most Devil fans.

Then don't read it.

MojoJojo

Jan 31, 2003
Philadelphia
Visit site
Rabid Ranger said:

Well, have you seen him play in the AHL? Am I wrong about him? I mean, whats hard to understand? He's hardly the first forward to float in the defensive end, even for an organization like the Devils.

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
For some reason I can't quite put my finger on, he reminds me a bit of an in-his-prime Rod Brind'Amour.

However, I admit I haven't seem him much - a couple college games and his international competition. Haven't seen one game of him in Albany.

Sammy*

dkball7 said:
Zach Parise at UND:

Freshman year: 26g 35a 61p in 39 games

Sophomore year: 23g 32a 55p in 37 games

Mike York at Michigan State:

Freshman year: 12g 27a 39p in 39 games

Sophomore year: 18g 29a 47p in 37 games

Parise may play like Mike York, but his "top potential" significantly surpasses the kind of player York is (and I'm a big fan of his).

My guess for his point production is 15g 30a... we'll see who's closer...

Thanks for enlightning me about York & Parise's stats in college.
i didnt know that such access to information existed.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
MojoJojo said:
Well, have you seen him play in the AHL? Am I wrong about him? I mean, whats hard to understand? He's hardly the first forward to float in the defensive end, even for an organization like the Devils.

It is outstanding that anyone would make such prediction about his defensive ability by his plus-minus in Albany.......If you look at his numbers -11 he was middle of the pack for the entire team. There were only 6 forwards who played more than 40 games that had a better +/- than he did and there were 8 who had worse....and 5 of the 6 a head of him were veteran players.

His team was terrible, Third worse in the entire league and only ONE player was a plus on the entire team.

Being second in scoring in his first pro season in a tough year to play in the AHL with the talent level that was there is pretty impressive. The fact that 1/3 of his goals were game winning goals is doublly impressive 6 GW in 18 goals, Albany only had 29 wins and Parise was responsible for 6 of them.

Or how about his 2 shorthanded goals, Does that say anything about his defensive ability?

Let him get in the NHL and judge him then..............By the way I expect a 30 to 50 point rookie season from Parise depending on how he is used and if he is given any special teams opportunities.

Strong Island

Jun 6, 2004
Long Island, NY
Sammy said:
Thanks for enlightning me about York & Parise's stats in college.
i didnt know that such access to information existed.

I didn't realize you would rather trash someone than debate a topic. I guess I should have known better.

Sammy*

dkball7 said:
I didn't realize you would rather trash someone than debate a topic. I guess I should have known better.
Where was the "trashing"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->