Z is 2nd in league scoring

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Not bad for a 7th round draft pick!

Is there a way to look up the best players ever from different rounds? I've got to imagine Zetterberg would be on a very, very short list of guys taken that late who have achieved tremendous success. Particularly at the skater position. Many sleeper picks or undrafted superstars tend to be late blooming goaltenders.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Is there a way to look up the best players ever from different rounds? I've got to imagine Zetterberg would be on a very, very short list of guys taken that late who have achieved tremendous success. Particularly at the skater position. Many sleeper picks or undrafted superstars tend to be late blooming goaltenders.

There's no quick and easy way, no. Basically just sift through the draft pages on H-R or hockeydb.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
he has played more games than pretty much everybody in the top10 so i'm not really that impressed

Says the guy whose prior screen name included the word "troll" :laugh:

He's still tied for 7th in points-per-game. Does that impress you? If not, please explain why :)

Aug 6, 2012
Great for Z, but can't forget what happened last season. He was on the same type of trend and then went MIA for ~20 games. He's been unbelievable thus far, but its hard to predict he will keep it up consistently all season.

DatsyukianDeke*

Great for Z, but can't forget what happened last season. He was on the same type of trend and then went MIA for ~20 games. He's been unbelievable thus far, but its hard to predict he will keep it up consistently all season.

I will him going MIA like last year and still put up a PPG.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills

Z's longest pointless streak was 4 games last year. He was as consistent as any player in the league.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
i agree what nose said. he definitely slowed down. started hot bc he was in good shape after playing swiss league but started to slow down real bad. then caught fire at the end when playoffs push came.

he got his points but also had his worst season ES.

i expect that there will be some slowing down but hopefully not so bad that he and dats can carry this team. part of the reason i want zeta at wing, less strain on him. put him at center in playoffs or otherwise big games if necessary.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Z's longest pointless streak was 4 games last year. He was as consistent as any player in the league.

He just didn't score goals, MIA would be overplaying it. At the start of 11/12 season he kinda was though, before he scored at a ppg clip the last 65 games or so.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
This image has gone viral.

wmnJuIu.jpg

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Zetterberg with 2 points so far tonight. That's 30.

Crosby has an assist tonight for 32.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad