Yzerman Stanley Cup Worn Jersey

Bisco4

Feb 15, 2021
Ok this is not a joke or gimmick in any way. I love all sports but Hockey is my favorite. I have never played but my son played through Juniors and D3 College. Out of all the sports I have watched I always thought Steve Yzerman truly defined what a Captain should mean to a team. Although he may had some struggles in the role early in his career as he matured he went to amazing lengths to elevate his presence and all those around him. I remember him playing on a knee that was bone on bone, getting pain injections between each period and still putting the team on his shoulder at times. A good friend of mine was pretty tight with the Wings organization and as a gift for allowing him to hunt my property he got me a Yzerman jersey from the Stanley cup finals when they beat the penguins. I could probably figure out which game as I wrote it down somewhere. Here is the skinny- I’m just not a sports memorabilia type of guy. The Jersey has set in my closet since the day he got it for me. I would really like for somebody to have it that would really cherish it and thought as highly of Yzerman as I did. There is only one problem. The Jersey is signed to “Tim”. I’m not looking to sell it. I’m looking to give it to somebody that would enjoy it as much as I enjoyed watching him play. Anybody out there with a Tim they know that fits the requirements?

Reactions: RayMoonDoh

Octopus

May 17, 2006
Ok this is not a joke or gimmick in any way. I love all sports but Hockey is my favorite. I have never played but my son played through Juniors and D3 College. Out of all the sports I have watched I always thought Steve Yzerman truly defined what a Captain should mean to a team. Although he may had some struggles in the role early in his career as he matured he went to amazing lengths to elevate his presence and all those around him. I remember him playing on a knee that was bone on bone, getting pain injections between each period and still putting the team on his shoulder at times. A good friend of mine was pretty tight with the Wings organization and as a gift for allowing him to hunt my property he got me a Yzerman jersey from the Stanley cup finals when they beat the penguins. I could probably figure out which game as I wrote it down somewhere. Here is the skinny- I’m just not a sports memorabilia type of guy. The Jersey has set in my closet since the day he got it for me. I would really like for somebody to have it that would really cherish it and thought as highly of Yzerman as I did. There is only one problem. The Jersey is signed to “Tim”. I’m not looking to sell it. I’m looking to give it to somebody that would enjoy it as much as I enjoyed watching him play. Anybody out there with a Tim they know that fits the requirements?
Hi...huge Stevie fan and I'd be interested in it to go with another game worn jersey I have. Is it a red or white jersey? do you collect anything or have an interest in something that I could trade with you.

WF19

Nov 18, 2009
Been dying for an authentic yzerman jersey, for whatever reason i have gotten others but not his. Im fine with changing my name to Tim

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007

I'll also throw my name in the hat. Candidly, I wouldn't keep it. I would give it to my son. He was an aspiring player, and Yzerman was his idol. A shoulder injury forced him from the game (he is an American kid drafted into the WHL). Still young but has a "man cave" in his apartment dedicated to the Wings. He won a Howe signed stick at a Saskatoon tournament (he lived in both BC and Alberta during his "off season here" in the states).

He is a fan because I am Detroit born and raised. I also used to give away a jersey in an annual playoff contest on a Red Wings site I co-owned (after Matt's passing with Red Wings Central).

That's my spiel.

NDetroitFan

Jan 9, 2017
Macomb, MI
You sure about this origin story? Yzerman was not on the 2008 team that beat the Pens. You may have a signed Yzerman jersey but its not likely that it is a SC Finals gamer. Have any pics you can post?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad