Rumor: Yzerman scouting Jets

• Thread starter Deleted member 218451
  • Start date

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I really think he would bring a big presence to the Bolts top 9. A 6'5 250lbs winger that can play a physical style with net presence would make an already formidable team, even more so. Also he can drop back on D if the Bolts need it. One could only imagine a pairing of 6'7 Hedman and 6'5 Buff. lol

It was just an idea I had, for I have no idea what Yzerman would be looking for from the Jets line up. I mean do you go in person to scout Lowry, Petan, Matthius, or Copp? To me it seems if a guy in his position is going to scout, I would have to think he is looking at options that are bigger. This was my initial thought.

Wouldn't be surprise if the Jets are trying to acquire a player in a package of Petan, Matthias and Lowry.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Um... Okay.
Except Lowry is much better than Pacquette and Little is better than Johnson...
Lowry and Paquette are both good 4cs idk why one would be much better than the other. I agree Lowry might be a bit better.

Little-Johnson is debatable. Both are struggling now but I expect that to change. I prefer Johnson due to his playoff scoring ability. Both are real nice 2cs.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
If Sergachev sustains his current success all season he has a chance as a sleeper pick for a Calder nomination. Not saying he'll win. I'm saying there's a chance he could be nominated. Every so many several games you can see Sergachev take over the game like Victor Hedman does for about 10 or 15 seconds whether it's an incredible pass (like the one to Kucherov) whether it's an open space or after avoiding several would be defenders, making smart plays along the boards, sneaking in for goals or grade A scoring chances or a little bit of his own razzle dazzle carrying the puck. It's never anything he does very often but when he makes those plays they stand out and you say, "Oh wow this kid is gonna be special"

Make no mistake, Sergachev is still a major work in progress but there is no way on earth or heaven he's going to the Jets. With the way Sergachev is playing it's entirely possible that in 3 years (after he develops more) we'll be saying trading for him for Drouin was one of the best trades in team history.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
It appears the Bolts can’t afford Trouba. Bolts can’t afford to lose any of the 3 core pieces which is understandable and the only two prospects they have of any interest to the Jets as a return on Trouba they can’t afford to give up. Other secondary assets like Johnson are of no interest imo.

I see no deal here.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

brock0791

Jul 2, 2015
No chance. We're a cap team - so we move an ELC for a pending RFA who is in for a big raise?

C'mon son.

Sergachev, Callahan, Point for Trouba and Lowry.

Makes the money work for TB. Their monster D gets even tougher just don't know if this kills their depth scoring. Point can move to 2c to keep up with Laine and Ehlers and let Little and Perrault shelter Roslovic on the 3rd line.

Richest owner in the league can buy Callahan out

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL

Makes the money work for TB. Their monster D gets even tougher just don't know if this kills their depth scoring. Point can move to 2c to keep up with Laine and Ehlers and let Little and Perrault shelter Roslovic on the 3rd line.

Lmao what

Why would we trade our 2c who is young and producing, plus our own young stud dman, for a dman who is good but would push our free agent signing out of the lineup?

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
I dont understand why people keeps saying Cheavy should watch out. He desont need to do anything, if Yzerman doesnt offer something he wont like he wont take it. Sure maybe Tampa could get Dano for a midtier pick and than explode in Tampa, but since Maurice wont play Dano, not much we can do really.

I think Yzerman should target Chia instead, he is more able to do something stupid......

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014

No way. We are not throwing in additional young but soon to be considered core players to get rid of Callahan's contract with 2 years left.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011

For the millionth time - Trouba is not what we're looking for. If anyone it's Armia.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
No way. We are not throwing in additional young but soon to be considered core players to get rid of Callahan's contract with 2 years left.

Tampa could just retain like say 50% of Callahan's salary, since he is starting to have some trade value again. A cap hit of like 2.8 million for him would be good for any team if they want a better PK, and a shutdown bottom 6 forward who brings grit and leadership. Tampa does not need to attach the kitchen sink and all to move him. He would just have to waive his NMC, which turns into a 8 team trade list after that on July 1st.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida

Yeah......how about NO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->