Yzerman Press Conference at 5:45

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Literally anytime the sports press is remotely mentioned you go on a tirade about how bad it is and how you'd hit them with the REAL hard questions.

As for obsession...
how many different accounts did you create and have banned because you would out yourself trolling me? I lost count over the years. It was at least half a dozen, though. That's just what we noticed. I'm sure it was more.

Imagine signing up to mod a hockey forum and having some grown ass 40-something-dude trolling you at every turn online.

Troll you?
All you've done is bait me. And if and when I respond with the incivility you consistently show me, I'll get dinged.

So I won't engage you on your level.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I think it's possible to ask a hard question or two without being disrespectful:

Steve, jkutswings of HFBoards.com here. You've said that one option is to weaponize some of Detroit's cap space in trades with other teams up against the cap, but comments have surfaced recently that suggest spending might be restricted, at least in the short term. Do the Wings currently have the full salary cap at their disposal, or is there an internal budget for this season?

Reactions: Go Wings

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Troll you?
All you've done is bait me. And if and when I respond with the incivility you consistently show me, I'll get dinged.

So I won't engage you on your level.

It's going to take a bit of work for me to hit your level.

You made like a dozen different accounts over years. Then post random toxic stuff that would flag your new account.

A simple IP trace to your location every time - so you know, not terribly hard to verify when you were returning. Did some guy, on a new account, suddenly harass one of our mod members? Huh, weird, same spot every time.

You'd change names and birthdates. Create new emails. One site admin actually advised me to get a restraining order against you at one point, because it seemed like you were never going to stop and you seemed legit insane. This went on over years, man. Over 5 years. You're a grown man, the optics aren't very favorable.

Did you block out this weird stalker period of your life? Because that's your level.

It's not surprising a person who behaves this way in their personal life thinks the sports media isn't confrontational enough.

Reactions: SimplySolace

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Only 1 team has a 23 man roster as of 10-13-20:
View attachment 372507

+ consider the internal caps for 20+ teams (they're still trying to dump)

6 teams over the Cap limit already, as of 10-13-20:

View attachment 372508
There is no requirement to have 23 on the roster. Teams have started the season with 20.

If teams were concerned about internal caps, they wouldn't have bought in free agency or traded for guys like Schmidt. You don't go out and spend on Krug or Pietra if you have an internal cap. The teams with internal caps bought players out, including the Wings.

There will more than likely be smaller deals for players like Jensen, but no one is going to throw a 1st in a package. You've been wrong the entire offseason, when are you going to give up? Meanwhile, I've been pretty much right about what the Wings were going to do.

If any team has an internal cap, it's the WIngs, so if there's a big cap dump, we won't be involved. Book it.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Boychuk is still mostly just air.

2.6M per season in real salaries. 6.0M caphit.
$1.25M in salary for 2 seasons, $2.75M signing bonus.
Isles will be paying the signing bonus for this season, I don't know who picks that up for next season.

Cap dump with little actual salary? Yeah, that makes sense for the Wings, but we're probably looking at 2nd rd pick.

He's got 10 team NTC, both Ottawa and the Wings are probably on that list.

cjeagle

Jul 10, 2016
Chicago
Edit: misread the intent of your post. Ignore

From my understanding Oates was also shipped out due to extracurricular activities involving a stop at the border

That is what I meant. The younger Oates apparently joined those late night festivities while with Detroit too many times himself.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
just get Dominik Kahun and call it free agency. Dont know how much he wants , but i love those energy players and he is a center ,26 years old also

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Speaking of The Athletic.
Their Dallas Stars writer had REAL sports journalism recently.
Good read.
Stars owner's mounting financial difficulties lead to more furloughs
Stars owner’s mounting financial difficulties lead to more furloughs

Chicago's reporter from The Athletic also had a good report on Toews and the veterans not being happy about the decision on Corey Crawford.
Blackhawks' latest moves shock, upset core vets like Jonathan Toews: 'It's sad'
“Bottom line is, I want to win,” Toews told The Athletic on Saturday night. “The expectation for the other leaders on this team and myself is to come ready to training camp every year to be a playoff team. We prepare ourselves to win a Cup for our fans. I’ve never been told that we were going through a rebuild. That has never been communicated to me, for that matter. A lot of this comes as a shock because it’s a completely different direction than we expected.”

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
If Toews and Kane want to win, that doesn't happen in Chicago.

Time to move to a real contender

With 50% retention they are great players.

Last edited:
Reactions: jkutswings

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
1) HSJ knows her role, but she is an awful writer who needs a sub editor in a major way. Her questions are inane and I'm not sure she understands sentence construction.
2) Art Regner is like a human instigator for the mute button. The fact the Red Wings hire him show how little they care about the quality of their internal broadcasts. He knows no more than many on here, and has the delivery of someone 'being looked after in the community'
3) A lot of hockey coverage is really poor compared to other sports. Partly due to the way sports coverage is done in the US & Canada.
4) There is a reason why the Winged Wheel Podcast got more viewers/listeners on their draft content than the internal wings production. Three normal guys who are reasonably knowledgeable about hockey is still SO MUCH BETTER than what the Wings roll out. Carley's got a nice smile and seems good at connecting with the younger players, but if that's your strongest asset, your production is really really not up to scratch.

PS Josh Anderson has a lot of potential, but IS OVERPAID in a big way. The deal isn;t Abdelkader bad, but its definitely a risk/reward move, as to justify that salary he needs to have the 18/19 season as the low end of his mean performance, and there are definite question marks over that.

Generally the Habs have been odd to observe from afar. They seem to make a lot of moves that don't really take them anywhere. Its not like its been a disaster, but there's no real progress either.

This is generally about how I feel I have not watched a presser or surfed something from the wings or Detroit news in ages and found it enlightening. If you want to consume content unfortunately the general internet community and podcases are lightyears beyond official outlets. Its kind of a shame the least valuable source of content is the organization itself but its just the way it is. HSJ is groanworthy as well as all of the same of her ilk. The articles are straight up hommer, questions are always softballs, and sometimes her the articles are downright nonsensical.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
It's cool to see the hawks recognize their window officially closed and make the call to rebuild as opposed to some other teams we have witnessed so their fans don't go through 5 more years of realgud tragedy. Props to their management.

Reactions: Ricelund

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
It's cool to see the hawks recognize their window officially closed and make the call to rebuild as opposed to some other teams we have witnessed so their fans don't go through 5 more years of realgud tragedy. Props to their management.
I was kinda hoping for the slow disintegration into mediocrity to continue into the abyss...Schadenfreude. Is Scotty B. still a Sr. Advisor? If so, I bet he had a lot to do with the timing of it. It was obvious their window had virtually closed when they had 2 back to back 1st rd. exits, including a sweep, a few years back.

Can't wait til Seider steamrolls Dach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad