Salary Cap: You've never heard of the HFBoard Pens? It did the Kessel Run in 982 posts Part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

ObsessedCreative*

If I had my way like I wanted last year OS would have been our 4th line center, learning on the job and gettin acclimated and valuable NHL experience and that would have primed and prepped him to take over that 3 C role this year... But noooooo another wasted year where the team regressed rather than putting the young players in places to succeeded and plan for the future.

Giskard

Jun 20, 2008
Alps
It's better trade Scuderi with salary retained and suck it for 2 years then buy him out and pay it for 4 years. I don't think it will be so hard to trade him at half his current cap, and his salary is even lower in the last two years, so he is not totally untradable that requires a buyout.

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
It's better trade Scuderi with salary retained and suck it for 2 years then buy him out and pay it for 4 years. I don't think it will be so hard to trade him at half his current cap, and his salary is even lower in the last two years, so he is not totally untradable that requires a buyout.

I agree that Scuderi can be traded. Especially since most of the money is already paid out. He's due a total of $5 million for the next two years. It's not that bad. NHL-teams outside Pittsburgh also value experience and with right partner (someone like Despres) Scuds can still be useful. Scuds should be tradeable, I've maintained that thought all along. Return may not be good but if there's a will, there's also a way to move Scuderi and it don't require a buyout.

Looks like DK once again got it wrong when he said that Pens' plan is to buy out some contract(s). Will never admit it though most likely, that seems his MO since he moved to his own site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->