Youth Competitions

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Came away unimpressed by the final, by both teams. England looked more solid and looking better in front of the net.
Mount is a nice little player.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Soooooo the UEFA youth league is going on now too! A good league to watch the stars of tomorrow.

Liverpool currently up 3-0 over Sevilla at the moment. Woodburn obviously doesn't belong at this level. Nearly unplayable for these kids...hard to believe he's 17. Curtis Jones looks incredible also -- only 16 but hard to not see him becoming a player.

Other notable results:

Monaco beat Leipzig 4-1
Spurs beat Dortmund 4-0
Atletico over Roma 2-1
Barca over Juventus 1-0

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Him and Masterson look very promising coming out of the next crop. Along with Tagseth and Grabara that group has some really nice talents worth watching for this tournament (as far as Liverpool prospects go...along with the obvious Brewster and Woodburn).

The games are being streamed for free on youtube btw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AyqlVPSQUA

Good to know. I didn't think Masterson had a high ceiling. I know Grabara is very well thought of. Tagseth has all the talent in the world but is still early. I've heard he is on par with Odegaard.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Flamengo has denied Vinicius Jr of attending the u17 World Cup. LOL. I was kinda curious to see him going against other u17 standouts like Sancho and Foden. Worst part is that Brazil won't be able to call up a replacement.

Here is Brazil squad for the WC

Goalkeepers

Gabriel Brazão - Cruzeiro
Lucas Alexandre - Vasco da Gama
Yuri Sena - Vitória

Defenders

Wesley - Flamengo
Luan Cândido - Palmeiras
Weverson - São Paulo
Lucas Halter - Atlético Paranaense
Matheus Stockl - Atlético Mineiro
Rodrigo Guth - Atalanta (Italy)
Vitor Eduardo - Palmeiras

Midfielders

Alan de Souza - Palmeiras
Marcos Antônio - Atlético Paranaense
Rodrigo Nestor - São Paulo
Victor Bobsin - Grêmio
Victor Yan - Santos
Vitinho - Corinthians

Forwards

Brenner - São Paulo
Lincoln - Flamengo
Paulinho - Vasco da Gama
Yuri Alberto - Santos

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Flamengo has denied Vinicius Jr of attending the u17 World Cup. LOL. I was kinda curious to see him going against other u17 standouts like Sancho and Foden. Worst part is that Brazil won't be able to call up a replacement.

Here is Brazil squad for the WC

Goalkeepers

Gabriel Brazão - Cruzeiro
Lucas Alexandre - Vasco da Gama
Yuri Sena - Vitória

Defenders

Wesley - Flamengo
Luan Cândido - Palmeiras
Weverson - São Paulo
Lucas Halter - Atlético Paranaense
Matheus Stockl - Atlético Mineiro
Rodrigo Guth - Atalanta (Italy)
Vitor Eduardo - Palmeiras

Midfielders

Alan de Souza - Palmeiras
Marcos Antônio - Atlético Paranaense
Rodrigo Nestor - São Paulo
Victor Bobsin - Grêmio
Victor Yan - Santos
Vitinho - Corinthians

Forwards

Brenner - São Paulo
Lincoln - Flamengo
Paulinho - Vasco da Gama
Yuri Alberto - Santos

Brazil should appeal that to FIFA. No way is Flamengo allowed to do that. They released him by allowing him to be on the initial squad list.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Brazil should appeal that to FIFA. No way is Flamengo allowed to do that. They released him by allowing him to be on the initial squad list.

yeah punk move by the club, especially since Vini isn't a regular in their lineup (right now it seems like he's the third choice for the LW spot). Seems like Vinicius and his staff agreed with the club decision so maybe the coach plan to increase his minutes in the following weeks. A really odd decision, Paulinho from Vasco has a much bigger role on his senior team and the team allowed him to join the NT.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Hopefully the german kids can leave a good account of themselves. Even though none of Jean-Manuel Mbom (Werder), Franck Evina (Bayern), Daniel Eidtner(Union Berlin!), Gorkem Can (Bochum) will be there...4 of my top 8 German 2000ers. Nor will any of the top 2001s; Oliver Batista Meier (Bayern), Keanu Schneider (Werder), or Kaan Kurt (Gladbach).

If the midfield holds up without Mbom to help Cetin; even if I don't rate Majetschak; they could play some fun football with the talent up front...Abouchabaka, Arp, Kuhn (if he's in any kind of form after playing so little so far this season); Jastrzembski, Ludewig, Ngankam; Yeboah, Awuku, Malone...with Mai, Boller & Nitzl laying the foundation for their possessions from the backend

I think I'd like to see some iteration of & just cross my fingers that Majetschak was up to the task or that Cetin & Abouchabaka could carry him:

Arp - Kuhn*
Abouchabaka
Yeboah** - Cetin - Majetschak - Ludewig**
Nitzl - Boller - Mai

*Jastrzembski / Malone / Awuku
**Ngankam / Hackerthal / Awuku / Jastrzembski​

Last edited:

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
So the WC u17 started yesterday but the first big matchup happened today. Brazil 2 x 1 Spain. Nice debut by both sides and a really good match overall. Goals from Lincoln and Paulinho for Brazil, Wesley (OG) for Spain.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
England trashed Chile 4-0. Sancho scored twice and had an assist, head and shoulders above the rest. Foden is like the English Iniesta, easy to see why Guardiola likes him so much. Gomes the kid from United also had a good showing coming off the bench, scored a beauty FK.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
France won 7-1, 6-0 at halftime. Against a part of France... no idea why they would compete too. Nouvelle Calédonie.
In any case, this game isn't saying much about France's quality or not. Reminds me of the U20 Cup where France faced way to weak oppositions in the first round only to fall against a weaker team in the first knockout game.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Iran beating Germany 3-0 in the U17 World Cup. Let's go Iran.

4-0, wow.

France is beating Japan 1-0. Amine Gouiri scored of course.
England up 3-2 on Mexico. Sancho scored another one, shame he won't be part of the knockout rounds. Diego Lainez 'the Mexican Messi' is quite good, scored both Mexico's goals.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
So is Vinicius Jr. really not playing?

Pretty dumb that Dortmund are only letting Sancho play in the group stage. They're not even using him for the first team. He might be the best player at the tournament.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
So is Vinicius Jr. really not playing?

Pretty dumb that Dortmund are only letting Sancho play in the group stage. They're not even using him for the first team. He might be the best player at the tournament.

He was on the bench the last match before leaving for the tournament. I thought he would've started to receive some more playing time. Bad time to leave for him. This week he very well could've got some minutes had he not went to this tournament.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
He was on the bench the last match before leaving for the tournament. I thought he would've started to receive some more playing time. Bad time to leave for him. This week he very well could've got some minutes had he not went to this tournament.

Maybe against Magdeburg... no way against Leipzig or APOEL.

Though his prospects for playing with the senior team would be far better if he had stayed in Dortmund and trained with Bosz and co over the break.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Spain knocks France out with a go-ahead penalty kick goal in the 89min by Abel Ruiz (Barcelona). France was the way better team in the first half, couldn't score more than 1 goal after a nice finish by Pintor (Stade Brest 29) then Spain tied the game late in their only scoring chance in the 1st half, Juan Miranda (Barcelona) header. Second half was better for Spain. Adli (PSG) looks like a Rabiot copycat, even the hairdo is similar.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Yesterday, Timothy Weah (PSG) scored a hat trick for the USA in their 5-0 win over Paraguay. Looks like an amazing prospect.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Liverpool's youth (led by Stevie G) go back top of their group table with a big win against Maribor. Adekanye with a double which is nice to see; he was very lively in his previous appearances too and it's nice to see him getting back on track after having to struggle through injury the last couple years. Loads of talent in that one, and tbh the Dutch will need it. The youth CL might be as interesting as the actual CL (or moreso tbh) with the teams that are in position to make the knockout stages right now.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Paraguay got absolutely wrecked, it could've been 10. Our players let up late to not embarrass them anymore, they stopped even trying to attack with like 15 minutes left.

This US team is very good, a number of really good players in the team. Weah's second goal in that match will likely be goal of the tournament.

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Spain knocks France out with a go-ahead penalty kick goal in the 89min by Abel Ruiz (Barcelona). France was the way better team in the first half, couldn't score more than 1 goal after a nice finish by Pintor (Stade Brest 29) then Spain tied the game late in their only scoring chance in the 1st half, Juan Miranda (Barcelona) header. Second half was better for Spain. Adli (PSG) looks like a Rabiot copycat, even the hairdo is similar.
Yep, exactly what I wrote earlier. Best attacking record in the competition, best scorer too (Gouiri), but lack of true good teams in the first stage hurt them.
Adli is totally a Rabiot clone. PSG prospect too. Same hair, same style of play.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Wouldn't the best attacking record in the competition be influenced by their lack of quality teams faced?

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->