You're Pat Quinn: Who do you start?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCCHL inactive

Assuming Martin Brodeur is able to play Tuesday night, who would you stick between Canada's pipes?

Simple question, and I offer a simple answer.

Roberto Luongo got Team Canada to the Final with his spectacular play tonight against the Czech Republic. I don't see how Quinn cannot give him the nod, even with Martin Brodeur as his other option. Luongo was too good tonight to put back on the bench.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Van said:
Assuming Martin Brodeur is able to play Tuesday night, who would you stick between Canada's pipes?

Simple question, and I offer a simple answer.

Roberto Luongo got Team Canada to the Final with his spectacular play tonight against the Czech Republic. I don't see how Quinn cannot give him the nod, even with Martin Brodeur as his other option. Luongo was too good tonight to put back on the bench.

:lol:

BCCHL inactive

The Albino said:
uh, you kidding? Brodeur in a second. Luongo was average tonight, despite making some key saves.

Average? He made at least 3-4 game-saving stops late in the 3rd period and overtime.

The Czechs didn't have a lead during the game, but realistically they should have. Luongo is hot, despite only having played one game.

If it ain't broke...

BCCHL inactive

devildan said:
2 soft goals = he shouldnt have been in that situation in the first place.

So why take Brodeur out?

Two soft goals? What game were you watching? The first goal went off a skate, the second was a beauty PPG, the third was through a screen thanks to a horrible defensive mistake. He had no chance on any of the goals.

If it (Luongo) ain't broke, don't fix it. He got Canada to the Final. He should get the start.

ZadorovNJD*

Is it April 1st or what?

Brodeur allowed 3 goals in 4 games. He got Canada this far.

BCCHL inactive

Vinnie said:
Is it April 1st or what?

Brodeur allowed 3 goals in 4 games. He got Canada this far.

Last I checked, Roberto Luongo was in goal saving Canada against the Czech Republic. If not for his magic, Canada is out of the World Cup.

ZadorovNJD*

Van said:
Last I checked, Roberto Luongo was in goal saving Canada against the Czech Republic. If not for his magic, Canada is out of the World Cup.

With the way Brodeur's been playing that game wouldn't have even gone to overtime.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Go with Luongo unless Brodeur can demonstrate he's 100% healthy. I'd imagine it took a lot for Brodeur not to play tonight, and I'm no doctor but I wouldn't be surprised if he ain't fully healed by Tuesday afternoon. A damaged glove hand would also diminish and/or inhibit Marty's puck handling abilities, which is a big part of his game.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
If I'm Pat Quinn: (assuming Brodeur is close to 100%)

I definitely start Brodeur.

If Canada wins, the decision was no-brainer.

If Canada loses, I don't get solely blamed for the loss (barring a bad line change or bench penalty) because I started the consensus #1 goaltender on the team.

If I started Luongo and Canada won, good for me.

If I started Luongo and Canada lost, I look like a fool for not playing the consensus #1 goaltender on the team.

If I'm Pat Quinn I wouldn't take the risk of starting Luongo.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
Van said:

The Canadian team played like a team in the first period and for most of the second. After the soft looking first goal by the Czechs the Canadians started to lose confidence and I believe that Brodeurs puck handling and play and personality would have kept the team on track... that's what Brodeur is so very good at. Being solid. Luongo made some extremely good saves and he is without a doubt a good goalie, but he simply does not have the same effect on a team that Brodeur has, and this game is a perfect example of it.

I would not put Luongo in net before Brodeur unless Marty was injured, as a goalie can do more than just stop the puck.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Unbiased Canadian said:
Sure Luongo made some big saves, but the 3rd goal was week and his rebound control on the second goal was also terrible.

Broduer no questions!!

Unbiased Canadian

I dunno, it's one game, I'd wouldn't pass judgment on a goalie based on how he looked his last game. Especially since Luongo hadn't faced game action for a couple of weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad