255uwid.jpg

2wdsto4.jpg

2w1wazd.jpg

rlc56b.jpg

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Nice job, Jetsfareast! :handclap:

Win. Just ... win. I don't care how, I don't care if it's pretty, I don't care. Just. Win.

thereturn

Jul 10, 2011
Winnipeg
Nice GDT!

As a kid I had no idea that it was Little & Pavs that I had a crush on... :huh:

So far we're undefeated (1-0) against the Wild since Dubnyk got bitten by that radioactive Vladislav Tretiak.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Great (hilarious) introduction for a game that promises to be an epic battle in the rivalry. Just hope we play our game, and win baby.

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
Haha, great GDT!

I love that Enstrom is The Great Gazoo. I didn't know Gazoo was ever on the Jetsons, but wiki confirms it, with this awesome little tidbit:

In the Jetsons cartoon Attack of the Drones, Gazoo appears in a parody of the Jedi Council.

Where's Tom ServoMST3K? He needs a Gazoo avatar.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Great GDT :handclap::handclap:

Wild don't lose and we need a win....something's gotta give. I am hoping now that our neighbors to the south are home and cool in the first wild card spot they will ease up and loose their focus for one game.

:crossfing

GJG expecting the worst hoping for the best.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
yeesh. I don't know if I can stand to watch these games. :amazed:

if we could somehow come out of this b2b with 2 more points in the bank that would be a fantastic thing...

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
I hope they start Hutch tonight, and Pavelec tomorrow. Hutch has done very well against the Wild, but no so much against the Blues. Conversely, Pavelec has played better against the Blues, but fared poorly against the Wild.

Please, PaMo. Play Hutch tonight and Pavelec tomorrow!

It will be great to have Chiarot in the lineup tonight, and hopefully Enstrom can come back sooner than expected.

CanWin

What happens now?
Mar 7, 2014
Winnerpeg
If we win tonight, Minny becomes one of the two teams that we have the best chance of knocking out of the playoff race. If we lose, the Jets could be fairly confident of keeping any golf reservations they may have made for next week.

THIS is the real test!

I think we need 98 points to make the playoffs, and this isn't the game that I have penciled in as the loss.

Last edited by a moderator:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
If we win tonight, Minny becomes one of the two teams that we have the best chance of knocking out of the playoff race. If we lose, the Jets could be fairly confident of keeping any golf reservations they may have made for next week.

THIS is the real test!

I think we need 98 points to make the playoffs, and this isn't the game that I have penciled in as the loss.

I'm thinking it will now be 98 points needed as well. Going back to the Hawks game I've kind of viewed the final playoff push as a 7 game series where we needed the 4 wins. Right now we are 1-2. If we win 3 out of the last 4 we make the playoffs. It is as simple and as difficult as that.

RonJon

May 18, 2011
Great GDT.... Schief actually looks like Elroy :laugh:.

Thing of beauty or pure ugly......I don't care. JUST WIN perdy please.

gojetsgo

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
Great GDT! Let's hope the game itself will also be lighthearted and fun resulting in a lopsided score in favour of the Jetsons!

JMT21

I Give A Dam!
Aug 8, 2011
In My House
I still think 96 points makes it. Flames go 1-1 and we get 2 points in our next 3 (hopefully more of course)... going into next Saturday it will be Flames with 95, Jets with at least 94....... winner take all.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Oh man would 2 clean b2b wins be a sweet sweet development! I know it's way too much to hope for but man would that be a pressure reliever!

Whileee

May 29, 2010

THIS is the real test!

96 points will be enough if the Flames lose cleanly to the Kings this week, as long as two of our points are from the last game with the Flames in a clean win.

My guess is that it will all come down to the final game of the season, with Jets going to the playoffs with a clean win over the Flames. I would have been happy with that at the beginning of the season.

If the Flames win their next two (Yotes and Kings), then the Jets need to win two of their road games this week to make the last game against the Flames relevant.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Enstrom likely out.

Chiarot Myers
Stuart Trouba
Harrison Pardy

Goaltending will need to step up, whoever is in net.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
96 points will be enough if the Flames lose cleanly to the Kings this week, as long as two of our points are from the last game with the Flames in a clean win.

My guess is that it will all come down to the final game of the season, with Jets going to the playoffs with a clean win over the Flames. I would have been happy with that at the beginning of the season.

If the Flames win their next two (Yotes and Kings), then the Jets need to win two of their road games this week to make the last game against the Flames relevant.

The other option is if the Kings stumble down the stretch. If they lose tonight to the Canucks and to the Flames they will go into the final day with 94 points (assuming They beat the Yotes). Their final game against the Sharks won't be a cake walk after the hatred that has built up since last year's playoffs. If that is the case it sure would be nice to squeak out a loser point and a win along the way this week so we still control our destiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->