Your top 3 Propsects Now.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Becuaae Zadina scored a goal? Some people really flop around a lot.
Because he's got 7 points in 10 NHL games this season? Versus Hirose who had the same in 23 games? Veleno who has 11 points in 28 games in a lesser league? Or Ras who floundered at the NHL level at the same age? Seider has made a great jump over, but he's still got a lot to work on before making the jump to the NHL. Of the candidates, Zadina so far has proven the most at the highest level.

Last edited:

NotLeddy

Trust the Yzerscam
Oct 23, 2018
Becuaae Zadina scored a goal? Some people really flop around a lot.

Zadina's development so far this season is why it hasn't aged (as well as Veleno's slower development in the AHL), even without the goal tonight he still was one of our best players.

Zadina struggled in preseason and deserved to be criticized for what many perceived as regression in his development. And Veleno was just as bad at driving play and possession, but because of no pro experience (and more raw point totals), the standards were lower. I still like Veleno and I'm not trying to single him out, it's just kinda cool seeing Zadina do so well in the NHL right now after even only three months ago some Wings fans weren't even considering him a top three prospect after a preseason game. He's always had a really high ceiling.

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
Because he's got 7 points in 10 NHL games this season? Versus Hirose who had the same in 23 games? Veleno who has 11 points in 28 games in a lesser league? Or Ras who floundered at the NHL level at the same age? Seider has made a great jump over, but he's still got a lot to work on before making the jump to the NHL. Of the candidates, Zadina so far has proven the most at the highest level.

Hirose got 7 points in 10 games last season too. Look where that got him. My point is, points aren't everything. To me it was obvious Hirose was not an NHLer last year, even after getting those points. I feel he's closer now than last year though, even with less production, which is good.

As for Zadina, I think he has a great mentality and knows how to work hard to be better, the guy wants to succeed, and at this point I'm convinced he will. I didn't like the pick vs Hughes but Zadina is slowly but surely getting better and better. I wish I could have interviewed him because I think he would have made me a believer with his hard-working mentality at the draft. I've been down on our first rounders in 16, 17 and 18, but Zadina is proving to be the real deal and I'm more than ready to admit I will most probably be wrong about him! He has improved so fast and fixed many things I didn't like about his game. In 2019, I wanted Seider and the Wings got Seider, so it's obvious to me who's #1 in my mind.

Habs fans were making fun of the Wings with the Zadina pick after his quote of filling their net with pucks and were so convinced Kotka was the better pick. I think Zadina is trending a little better. His improvements have been very noticeable.

Amongst those first round prospects, I agree with you that Zadina has proven the most at the NHL level and that is good to see, the Wings absolutely need it :)

Lil Bert

Oct 14, 2018
Zadina graduated. NEW RANKINGS

Seider, Rasmussen, Veleno

McIsaac and Smith would have tied for fourth in my eyes. Rasmussen looked good in those first 10 games, a lot faster than last year, plus a pretty smart kid with solid IQ. Veleno will probably jump Ras is a year because of gained experience.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Zadina graduated. NEW RANKINGS

Seider, Rasmussen, Veleno

McIsaac and Smith would have tied for fourth in my eyes. Rasmussen looked good in those first 10 games, a lot faster than last year, plus a pretty smart kid with solid IQ. Veleno will probably jump Ras is a year because of gained experience.

I might be Smiths biggest fan on this forum but McIsaac has a potential upside to his game that just isnt there with Smith. He should be clearly ahead of him. It would be funny to go back and see the preseason prospect rankings because I'm pretty sure he was like 13th or something. Not sure how I would rank Svechnikov and Smith right now either. Svechnikov always seems to do well when he plays with the wings, like playing with smarter players helps him because he always seems dangerous. That offense isnt showing up in the AHL like it should though.

Might have to call it a tie between Smith and Svech. Svechnikov has more upside but Smith has abetter chance of becoming what he should be at the NHL level

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad