YOUR Team's Most Underrated Prospect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Conservative

Apr 1, 2004
My Blue Heaven
Hedberg16 said:
Who is your teams most underrated prospect?

Shaone Mutha****in' Morrisonn. This guy is amazing, and only ~20 years old. I am freaking thrilled that we got him from Boston for Gonchar. I really believe he is a top4 NHL defenseman RIGHT NOW. He has a HUGE frame and wonderful fundementals. I truly believe he could max out as a very valuable #3 d-man.

THANK YOU BOSTON!

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
Detroit

Kyle Quincey

the kid has raised up the ladder on the depth chart for us, played solid and now i hear he could be a top 3-4 dman for Grand Rapids, not to mention hes 19, 20 when the season starts in the AHL

another is filppula, finnish prospect, detroit is known for swedes, but this kid has shown a ton of talent. 5th on the depth chart on HF to hudler, grigorenko, kronwall and howard, good list if you think about it.. Youd think its a big drop off after howard, but its actually a drop off after valterri... solid finish playmaker, could and should be a solid playmaking centerman for us in teh future... i see him comming over. Hes 21 now, another year in finland and i see him comming across the pond.. 1 year in AHL and he could make the jump

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Noah Welch. He was starting to gain a little bit of the hype machine before we drafted Malkin. Now that we have drafted Malkin and Crosby, the focus will be on them and Welch is going to come out of nowhere to some fans who focus on them. Most Pens fans - the ones who peruse message boards anyways - have a real good idea who he is.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
Jason MacIsaac said:
Petr Vrana

Hehehee :sarcasm:

(sorry all, inside joke).

For the Canucks it is certainly Kevin Bieksa. And I think the reason for this is because he will never be anything special, he might not ever even be a top two pairing guy, but he could play on the third pair potentially THIS season depending on what happens with some of the Canucks other players and his camp.

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
Captain Conservative said:
Shaone Mutha****in' Morrisonn. This guy is amazing, and only ~20 years old. I am freaking thrilled that we got him from Boston for Gonchar. I really believe he is a top4 NHL defenseman RIGHT NOW. He has a HUGE frame and wonderful fundementals. I truly believe he could max out as a very valuable #3 d-man.

THANK YOU BOSTON!

:cry:

I agree, I think he will be a tremendous defenseman. He is big, but I don't he will be an overly physical guy. He relys on his great instincts and positioning. He is a great skater and has a very good first pass.

CaptainShark

Sep 25, 2004
Fulda, Germany
After reading hockeysfutures recent article about the 2003-draft-picks and this line

16 Steve Bernier, RW Unsigned – Bernier’s play has dropped of considerably since he was drafted, but the Sharks should sign him.

i would have to say Bernier... His overall game has improved so much over the course of the last two seasons and the drop in production can easily be distributed to a more defensive-sheme played by the Cats!

Wetcoaster

FLYLine4LIFE said:
Im on that same boat with ya, repleace Burke with Sather though.
At least Sather got a compensatory second round pick out of it which many pundits believe was his motivation all along to have Umberger included in the deal.

The Pens Are Back*

true on the welcj choice
but, now that the pens have 2 potential futere superstar centers, i'll go with ryan stone

damoose212001

Jan 16, 2005
Pittsburgh
Stone is a good one I'd say, but I also look at Talbot, Dixon, Goligoski especially and Salmonsson. Remember, Salmonsson was ranked to go in the first round last year until his injury.

salty justice

May 25, 2004
Los Angeles
Chicago's 2003 8th round pick Dustin Byfuglien. Was one of the best two way dmen in the CHL last year and will be a top 4 guy in the NHL one day.

MephistoIV

Dec 14, 2003
Visit site
George Harrison said:
Born and raised in Pittsburgh, Pa. Grew up a fan of the Pirates, Penguins, and the Spirit.
pittsburgh flows within you and without you. :yo:

Lindstrom is definently underrated and could crack the lineup this year. I'd say hes the most underrated. Also, Tollefson could be on that list.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
For the Habs I would say Tomas Plekanec. Ryan O'Byrne is another guy that is underrated imo. Plekanec is small and didn't put up great numbers but still led the Bulldogs in scoring the last two seasons plus has very good lower body strength. O'Byrne is huge at 6'5 215 or so skates very well with impressive speed, hits and hits often but is still very raw in his decision making and reaction time.

CH Wizard

Ana- Zenon Konopka

Atl- Colton Fretter

Bos- Ben Walter/Yan Stastny

Buf: Dylan Hunter/Mike Card

Cal: dunno...Seitsonen, maybe

Car: Brett Carson/Martin Vagner

Cbj: Joakim Lindstrom/Kyle Wharton/Rob Page

Chi: Dunno...Colin Fraser

Col: Peter Budaj/Tomas Slovak

Dal: Jussi Jokinen/Fredrik Naslund

Det: Dunno...Evan Mcgrath

Edm: Brad Winchester/Liam Reddox

Fla: Danny Roussin

La: Yannick Lehoux/Ryan Munce

Min: Anton Khudobin/Danny Irmen

Mon: Ryan O'Byrne/Oskar Korpikari

Nas: Nick Fugere/Vaclav Meidl

Nj: Petr Vrana/Ahren Nittel

NYI: Jerremy Colliton

NYR: Jonathan Paiement

Ott: Roman Wick/Alexei Kaygorodov

Phi: Dov Grummet-Morris/Alexander Drozdetsky

Pit: Matt Moulson/Nick Johnson

Sj: Joe Pavelski/Matt Carle (not too much now tho')/Steven Zalewski

Stl: Konstantin Zakharov/Lee Stempniak

TB: Gerald Coleman

Van: Jullien Ellis-Plante/Alexander Edler

Was: Oscar Hedman

Some underrated prospects on each team....don't be too hard on me...it's how see things...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->