YOUR team's most overrated prospect

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyRyall

Nov 2, 2004
As an Avs fan, I think I can safely say, none of them. Really.

Eat yer collective hearts out.

:sarcasm:

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
PEli said:
I should have clarified. Among Devils fans (or a few) who posted here, he was hyped much more than he should have been. On the Devils board, mostly.

Yeah, possible. What do you think of him, BTW?

I thought he had potential as a solid role player the couple of times I have seen him over the years. Can't say I was high on him but I liked his style. And I could really see why the Devils in particular would pick him, because I saw some potential for him to work well in New-Jersey.

He's far from a sure thing, though, and maybe he's been hyped as something he is not.

Oilers1*

Hasn't Miller been in the Buffalo system since the Perrault era?

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
Laraque27 said:
Hasn't Miller been in the Buffalo system since the Perrault era?

Miller and Jason Lababera are the same age. Why is it that Lababera is considered a career AHLer and Miller a future NHL star?

Sixty Six

Feb 28, 2003
Pittsburgh, PA
Visit site
I'd say Paul Bissonette or Nemec. Bissonette was the 11th rated prospect in the pens pole, but i don't know if he'll be anything more than a 5-7 Dman. He had a great camp and people seem to overrate him since. Also Nemec i don't think we'll see in the NHL. I don't know if he'll be over here and i just don't see much of a future for him. He was 19th in the pens prospect pole btw

Roger's Pancreas*

Stefan Ruzicka. Is a great sniper at the minor league level but I'm iffy on him. There's been times where he has been a healthy scratch because his defensive play has faultered, doesn't distribute the puck well enough, or just doesn't show up willing to play. He's got the right tools but needs to bring it all together or else he'll be back in Slovakia.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
For the Oilers I'd say Jeff Woywitka. Everyone sees him as a top 4 type of a guy, I'd be happy to see him as our #5 guy in the next 2 years!!!

OMA

Mar 11, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
This may sound stupid but I'd say Dion Phaneuf for the Flames.

The expectations for this guy are insane right now. He's being called the "next great d-man" by media outlets, Flames fans and fans of other clubs. I'm not saying that he won't be good (I can easily see him as a top pair d-man down the line), but I just don't know if he can live up to all the hype he's getting right now.

GagneScores12

Jul 14, 2005
Ontario
Panasonic Youth said:
Stefan Ruzicka. Is a great sniper at the minor league level but I'm iffy on him. There's been times where he has been a healthy scratch because his defensive play has faultered, doesn't distribute the puck well enough, or just doesn't show up willing to play. He's got the right tools but needs to bring it all together or else he'll be back in Slovakia.

Just a rebuttal, but if I have someone who is a pure goal scorer, I'm not worried about him playing D. I want him to put the puck in the net. It's about time the NHL comes back to the days of the goal scorer, the playmaker, the net driver and not the "two way forward who plays a great defensive game" type of crap that we've watched for years.

Lowetide

Feb 27, 2002
Jani Rita for the Oilers. He was ranked the team's #1 prospect for about a decade, and the week he was drafted Sather said things like "he may come right away, we'll see this fall."

That was 1999.

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
Chaos said:
Trevor Daley.....used to think he'd develop into a top pairing guy, but now looks like an offensive minded #3/4 guy in the mold of Brian Rafalski(at best).
As a Stars fan also, I nominate Shawn Belle. Daley maybe not be a number one or two but he is gonna at least have a home on an nhl teams powerplay. I have a strong feeling belle will be a complete bust and will be out of the league before he hits 25

Stammer Time*

Sons of Pirates
Dec 6, 2003
St.Pete, Florida
For the Lightning maybe Eero Somervuori, he was picked to win the Calder in 2003 by a few members of the media.

If he doesn't count as a prospect then I don't think we have many overrated ones considering alot of people can't name more than one or two prospects in our system.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
txomisc said:
As a Stars fan also, I nominate Shawn Belle. Daley maybe not be a number one or two but he is gonna at least have a home on an nhl teams powerplay. I have a strong feeling belle will be a complete bust and will be out of the league before he hits 25

Even if he never develops any offense, Belle will stay in the league even as a #6 guy at worst simply because of his skating and defensive ability. I dont think there's anyone that expects Belle to really do much more than that.

AnThGrt

Feb 13, 2005
Park City, UT
For Kings i'd have to go with Grebeshkov. Based on potential sure ya he can be amazing but he really hasn't showed much and cant count the games he lost for the Monarchs this year with the constant turnovers..... He also failed to score on a system based purelly around him really sad yet i thik he still has time is young but i think he is overrated right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad