Chris Heid
Josh DeWolf
Jason Beckett
Derek Boogaard

thestonedkoala

DeWolf? No, hell no!

Boogaard is an enforcer.

Hannula is a grinder, a dime a dozen.

Cavosie hasn't made that important step up yet.

Heid yes

Beckett might need some work.

O'Sullivan too! I forgot him.

leafaholix*

Don't forget...

Barry Brust
Niklas Eckerblom
Mark Cullen
Mikhail Tyulyapkin
Armand Berzins
Freddy Cloutier
Chris Dyment
Mike Erickson
Dan Cavanaugh
Danny Irmen

thestonedkoala

*sighs*

Cavanaugh is doing fine. Almost made the roster. Brust did pretty good at the rookie tournament, the critics are split though. Berzins did fine last year. Had stiffer competition this year, should be fine. Eckerblom is finally getting a chance to shine in the SEL. Irmen is fine, four years away.

Your an idiot too Pierre. The Wild have a horrible lineup but haven't moved up anyone from their AHL teams. They have a very solid group of rookies coming through.

leafaholix*

Funniest thing is you haven't even mentioned Koivu's name in this thread.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
The Avs most highly-touted prospect was Jonas Johansson. Now that he's been traded to Washington, I believe the honor falls upon Keith Ballard, a defenseman currently playing for the Minnesota Golden Gophers.

A surprise out of our system may be goaltender Peter Budaj. Though we're grooming Phil Sauve as our goalie of the future, I think it'll be Budaj in our net in a couple of years. He's currently leading the Hershey Bears to their best start since 1982.

thestonedkoala

Koivu, Koivu is a toss up at the moment. He's kind of turning out to be like his brother in that he kept getting injured but he has shown flashes of his brilliance. Size wise and ability wise Koivu is great but skating wise and already had a couple injuries, well it's split.

I like Koivu but I think he'll be in between what everyone wants him to be. He'll be solid but for the moment, he needs a lot of work and some guys already have more than he has in camp.

Also, unlike Ruutu and other Finnish players, he hasn't dominated the league yet (could he? Probably not should we judge him on that? No) but the thing is that is what everyone looks at and that's numbers. Number wise the kid isn't that hot. Playing wise, he's pretty good.

Koltsov71

Outside of the NHL, I'd definitely say Ryan Whitney for the Penguins.

Koltsov71

For Carolina, outside of the NHL.. I'd go with either Danny Richmond or Cam Ward.

KingPurpleDinosaur

Bandwagon Kings Fan
Dec 17, 2002
irvine, ca
www.anteaterhockey.com
Euro said:
For the Kings...

Grebeshov-Most solid prospect and receives nothing but praise from everyone

Brown-Wow made the team as an 18 year old and led the team in goals during the preseason...creates chances everytim he's on the ice

Pushkarev-Biggest sleeper of the 03 draft class.....could very well out perform Nik Zherdev and many other high end draft pics.

Pick one

i thinik pushkarev is overrated by many kings fans. we havne't even seen him once and you're are callin him our best prospect? as to best prospect, it goes to grebeshkov no doubt. but upside, i would have to say boyle just out of size and potential skill. if he can utilize all that, he can become a dominate force in the nhl for years. pushkarev, on the other hand, he maybe a top 6er, but not a dominating force as u seme tobe making him out to be

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Gags1288 said:
First of all, Jeff Woywitka is as good a prospect as either one of these guys, if not better. Second of all, it's not even close. Joni Pitkanen is our best prospect and everything he's done in the NHL in the short amount of time, makes me think he'll be one of the best d-men in the NHL within 5 years.

I'm guessing he didn't consider Pitkanen a prospect anylonger since he is now a fixture with the Flyers.

KillToronto

Either:

Ryan Miller.
Derek Roy.
or Tomas Vanek.

Prolly Vanek.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad