your team in 6 years

superpie

Aug 24, 2006
San Jose
MY favorite team is the sharks hear is my guess of the look of the team in 6 years

Michalek-Marleau-Ovechkin
Bernier-(top 10 pick center??)-setogouchi
Cheechoo-iguldan-Kaspar
Pilhal-Goc-Armstrong

Carle-Wishart
Erhoff-Exelby(Atlanta)
Spang-Vlasic

Griess-Patzold

There are alot of things different from the sharks in 6 years, look we lost Big Joe to Free Agency and we eventually signed Alex Ovechkin(YEEEAAA)Marleau we be a shark for the rest of his life...If your wondering who the guys in parenthesis are they are guys the sharks will eventually draft. Michalek and Bernier both matured and became great players..Matt Carle became a franchise defensman and Wishart shows glimpse of Chris Pronger in him..Griess becomes a awesome young goalie after nabbys contract expires or gets traded, same with Toskola..so we traded some players lost some players to free agency...So im guessing this is possible in the future

You guys make your team in 6 years.....Make sure its not outlandish and ludacris

Sharks win the cup 2 times in the next 6 years(optimistic)

studley49

Oct 8, 2003
Flinton/Toronto, ON
Visit site
MY favorite team is the sharks hear is my guess of the look of the team in 6 years

Bernier-(top 10 pick center??)-setogouchi
Cheechoo-iguldan-Kaspar
Pilhal-Goc-Armstrong

Carle-Wishart
Erhoff-Exelby(Atlanta)
Spang-Vlasic

Griess-Patzold

There are alot of things different from the sharks in 6 years, look we lost Big Joe to Free Agency and we eventually signed Alex Ovechkin(YEEEAAA)Marleau we be a shark for the rest of his life...If your wondering who the guys in parenthesis are they are guys the sharks will eventually draft. Michalek and Bernier both matured and became great players..Matt Carle became a franchise defensman and Wishart shows glimpse of Chris Pronger in him..Griess becomes a awesome young goalie after nabbys contract expires or gets traded, same with Toskola..so we traded some players lost some players to free agency...So im guessing this is possible in the future

You guys make your team in 6 years.....Make sure its not outlandish and ludacris

Sharks win the cup 2 times in the next 6 years(optimistic)
What jokes....
Exelby a 2nd pairing defenceman over Marc-Eduourd Vlasic...please.

And Cheechoo on the 3rd line........man.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Six years is a real long time, I'd be curious to see how many players on current rosters were either with the teams or prospects of those teams at the start of the 2000-2001 season.

As for the Kings

Forwards

Kopitar (25 years old)
O'Sullivan (27 years old)
Cammalleri (30 years old)
Frolov (30 years old)
Tukonen (26 years old)
Boyle (28 years old)

Defense

Johnson (25 years old)
Ryan (24 years old)

Goalie

Bernier (24 years old)

Nice looking core, need to add some more D though.

RamblersHockey

Jun 8, 2004
Ann Arbor, MI

Okay, let's see.

Bernier-(top 10 pick center??)-setogouchi)

Wow, that's not outlandish, you get Ovechkin and win the Cup twice and also somehow come up with a way to pickup a top 10 pick in the draft. How do you do that? Does Washington tade you Ovechkin and their first round pick for a bag of pucks and the rights to use the Cow Palace?

It could all happen, but I doubt it.

BTW, Nice avatar Herby

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
:biglaugh: here is detroit in about 6 years.

ovechkin - crosby - kovalchuk
semin - malkin - gaborik
wolski - kopitar - gagner
esposito- tavares - kane
extra: zetterberg

erik johnson - jack johnson
dion phaneuf- jakub kindl
marc staal - luc bourdon
extra: chelios

lehtonen
fleury
harding

looks like we made a couple of decent moves. and we are really going with a young team in a feaw years.:sarcasm:

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
I have no clue what the Canucks will look like in 6 years. I'd imagine the Sedins, Bourdon, and Luongo will still be around. Other than that, who knows.

Six years is a real long time, I'd be curious to see how many players on current rosters were either with the teams or prospects of those teams at the start of the 2000-2001 season.

Six for the Canucks:
Markus Naslund, Brendan Morrison, Daniel Sedin, Henrik Sedin, Mattias Ohlund, and Matt Cooke

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003

semin - malkin - gaborik
esposito- tavares - kane

marc staal - luc bourdon

lehtonen
fleury
harding

looks like we made a couple of decent moves. and we are really going with a young team in a feaw years.:sarcasm:

This is ridiculous...

...Crosby and Malkin over Kopitar six years from now?

bfire

May 30, 2006
Toronto
www.hockeynut.com
Leafs: Good for last in the league

Jiri Tlusty - Alex Steen - Jeremy Williams
Robert Earl - Matt Stajan - Alexei Ponikarovski
Chad Kilger - John Mitchell - Kris Newbury
Ben Ondrus - John Pohl - Alex Foster

Tomas Kaberle - Carlo Coliacavo
Anton Stralman - Ian White
Dmtri Vorobiev - Brendan Bell

Justin Pogge
Todd Ford??

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
Leafs: Good for last in the league

Jiri Tlusty - Alex Steen - Jeremy Williams
Robert Earl - Matt Stajan - Alexei Ponikarovski
Chad Kilger - John Mitchell - Kris Newbury
Ben Ondrus - John Pohl - Alex Foster

Tomas Kaberle - Carlo Coliacavo
Anton Stralman - Ian White
Dmtri Vorobiev - Brendan Bell

Justin Pogge
Todd Ford??

46 and counting........

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
Isles 2012

Tambellini-Okposo-Nilsson
Bergenheim-O'Marra-Comeau
Marjamaki-Nokelainen-Joensuu
Figren-Colliton-Volkov

Gervais-Campoli
Grebeshkov-Kohn
O'Neill-Sims

Dipietro
?

The only thing I'm certain on here is who will be the number 1 goalie. This of course assumes we keep everyone, as most of these guys will have hit UFA by 2012. Anyway, the forwards will be really difficult to play against, but that tiny defense will have its work cut out for it. Maybe Witt will still be around.

clay

Aug 25, 2005
Vancouver
Canucks:

Sedin-Sedin-Hansen
Raymond-Shirokov-Grabner
Simek-Kesler-(1st round draft pick)
Burrows-UFA-Brown

Ohlund-Bourdon
Mitchell-Koltsov
Bieksa-Edler

Luongo/Schneider
(draft pick)

Michigan Wolverine

Aug 7, 2005
This would have been a more interesting topic if we just stuck to players currently with the organizations. Allowing fan-boys here to speculate about acquisitions of players like Malkin and Crosby is just silly. People around here already lack objectivity and realism without being given free license to indulge in their homerism.

hockey2

Sep 10, 2006
Kopitar have more potential than crosby and malkin??

Wow:biglaugh: ... that's insane... You think Kopitar is ever gonna be better than Crosby or Malkin?? You'll eighter have to use som magic or bouth Crosby and Malkin have to be hurt for like 2 seasons... Such a dumb thing to say, you never know, but be honest to your self... :teach: Crosby is already one of the best players in the league and if you ask me Malkin's also a top center in the NHL:p:

Michigan Wolverine

Aug 7, 2005

As for the Kings

Forwards

Kopitar (25 years old)
O'Sullivan (27 years old)
Cammalleri (30 years old)
Frolov (30 years old)
Tukonen (26 years old)
Boyle (28 years old)

Defense

Johnson (25 years old)
Ryan (24 years old)

Goalie

Bernier (24 years old)

Nice looking core, need to add some more D though.

Good list.

I'd add Trevor Lewis into the mix. He looks like he'll at least be a bottom-six center (as far as one can project past this decade).

On defense, if you're going to mention Ryan I'd also mention some of the other guys in the system. And why not Petiot?

TheRedressor

Oct 3, 2005
Korpikoski-Anisimov-Cliche
Prucha-Dubinsky-Dawes
Byers-Dupont-Jessiman
Hollweg-Pyatt-Moore

Staal-Sanguinetti
Tyutin-Sauer
Baranka-Liffiton

Henrik Lundqvist
Chris Holt

HuskyFlames

Jan 12, 2004
Flames:

Chuko - Lombardi - Kobasew
Moss - Boyd - Cracknell
Nystrom - Ryder - Nilson
Prust - Taratukhin - David Van der Gulik

Phaneuf - Regehr
Pelech - Ramholt
Baldwin - Giordano

Irving/Keetly

The Flames goaltending looks quite solid and their defense is gonna be big, mean and mobile. Their future centers are all racking up the points in their respective leagues...same with their LW positions as well. Besides Kobasew, the Flames lack any true top 6 future RW spots...The rest looks quite solid IMO, especially in contract to previous propespect pool years.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Wow:biglaugh: ... that's insane... You think Kopitar is ever gonna be better than Crosby or Malkin?? You'll eighter have to use som magic or bouth Crosby and Malkin have to be hurt for like 2 seasons... Such a dumb thing to say, you never know, but be honest to your self... :teach: Crosby is already one of the best players in the league and if you ask me Malkin's also a top center in the NHL:p:

I have reason to believe it was sarcasm, chiming in on the latest HFBoard hooplah.

I like the idea of the thread, but 6 years may be a bit long. Perhaps 4 years, which would allow the individual to base solely (for the most part) on current prospects in the system. I know it's merely an extra 2 years, but that's two years more of speculation and hooplah quite frankly.

Honorable mention goes out to the redwings lineup, now that broke a chuckle, out loud. Honestly, I think you were being too modest in your projections. And...Chelios still playing. :biglaugh:

Second one goes out to Seph and his assessment of our lineup (Isles). I can only dream that all those guys pan out like that (essentially perfect--every guy seemingly reaches his ceiling or near), here's to keeping my fingers crossed now!

GSK*

Higgins-Grabovsky-A.Kostitsyn
Latendresse-Maxwell-Perezhogin
S.Kostitsyn-Chipchura-D'Agostini
Murray-Lapierre-Ferland

Markov-Emelin
Komisarek-Fischer
O'Byrne-Carle

Price
Halak

Habs r0x.

Jack Splat

Apr 8, 2006
Hershey, PA
The only thing I'm certain on here is who will be the number 1 goalie.

There is exactly one player in the league who we can be reasonably sure will be on his team six years from now.

There's just too much player movement to make any predictions that far out.

ladypredator

Jun 21, 2006
Hmmm.... it is hard to guess that far in the future, but I think there are some definite prospects and players who will be central to the Predators by that point, particularly on defense.

Alexander Radulov and Martin Erat will be important up front. I expect the Predators to hang onto either Scottie Upshall or Scott Hartnell, maybe not both. Jordin Tootoo should stick around. David Legwand could still be with the team or he could be long gone. Vern Fiddler is likely to stick as a utility player, but 6 years, I don't know. The same for Jerred Smithson. It seems like JP Dumont is really happy here, as are Arnott, Sullivan and Kariya, but whether they'll still be here in 6 years - goodness only knows. Some of them may even have retired by then.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Cal O'Reilly make it. John Vigilante as well. Possibly Brandon Segal as well. Not sure if Daniel Widing will make the adjustment. But then there's Mike Santorelli, Blake Geoffrion, Ryan Maki, Ryan Flynn and Viktor Sjodin coming up - all five of them have a shot at making it to the NHL. Snellman still has too far to go for me to make a prediction. And in Europe, Petr Hubacek, Lauris Darzins, and Stanislav Balan come to mind as the best of the forwards. In Russia, Grigory Shafigullin and Konstantin Glazachev. (I can always hope we'll get them to come over at some point, though it will have to be pretty soon or we'll lose them.)

It's clearer on defense.
Shea Weber, Dan Hamhuis, Ryan Suter, Ryan Parent, Kevin Klein, Mikko Lehtonen and Cody Franson will probably form the defense. Teemu Laakso and Denis Kulyash are the most likely additions, though both Craig Switzer and Kevin Schaeffer may earn a shot. The Predators might hold on to Marek Zidlicky or Kimmo Timonen, though probably not both.

Vokoun is likely to be a Predator until he retires. Pekka Rinne is his most likely replacement for the future. Scott Reid, Mark Dekanich, and Teemu Lassila may have an impact in net.

But there are several drafts and lots of time to make trades and acquisitions, so it's hard to guess.

Last edited:

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com

semin - malkin - gaborik
esposito- tavares - kane

marc staal - luc bourdon

lehtonen
fleury
harding

its fantasy stuff but those first two lines are philosophically scary....

TaiMaiShu

Aug 12, 2005
Bergfors-Backstrom-Gionta
Elias-Parise-Zajac
Pandolfo-Madden-Langenbrunner
Gionta-Vrana-Ryznar

Martin-Phaneuf
Corrente-White
Hale-Greene

Brodeur
Parise

This is unreal but would be sweet.