Your team Canada U-20 final roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockeycanada*

X-SHARKIE said:
Before the draft in 2004 he played at the U-18's and was absolutely brilliant.
Why did he choke at the WJC? I remember a couple of terrible goals being allowed by him.

Hockeycanada*

Legionnaire said:
Do you remember the defense?
Yes, and I also remember a couple of shots from outside the blueline trickling through him.

EDIT-Am I remembering correctly? Schneider was the goalie from Boston College who played against Belarus and let in some terrible goals?

Last edited by a moderator:

Towelie*

Hockeycanada said:
Yes, and I also remember a couple of shots from outside the blueline trickling through him.

EDIT-Am I remembering correctly? Schneider was the goalie from Boston College who played against Belarus and let in some terrible goals?

They weren't "terrible" goals. He had a bad game, but so did the entire US team. Schneider wasn't the reason they lost the game.

Schnieder looked awesome in the NCAA playoffs as mentioned, and awesome in the U18's. Schnieder is definately in the same category as the Canadian goalies.

gars59

Jan 16, 2005
Trois-Rivières
Schneider play versus belarus in u20 and he look like a pee-wee goalie , Andrei kostitsyn and his friend has a lot of fun in this game

SpezNc2

Mar 3, 2002
surixon said:
Slow, you must be watching someone else, he has incredible speed. I still beleive this kid will be the next Paul Karyia.

I have also heard that Cogliano was the best "pure skater" is the latest NHL draft....

true or false? I dunno!... But he must be something special.....

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
SpezNc said:
I have also heard that Cogliano was the best "pure skater" is the latest NHL draft....

In terms of pure skating ability, he's not far off from Pavel Bure. Seriously.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
SpezNc said:

When I watched the Michigan-Minnesota game I remember a couple of times thinking that he just didn't look to be skating all that well or quickly. Perhaps it was just a couple of plays in isolation, I don't know.

Lalonde

Aug 20, 2004
Goalies-

Devan Dubnyk
Carey Price

Defence-

Cam Barker
Luc Bourdon
Kristopher Letang
Ryan Parent
Kris Russell
Jeff Schultz
Marc Staal

Forwards

Michael Blunden
David Bolland
Dustin Boyd
Derick Brassard
Kyle Chipchura
Andrew Cogliano
Blake Comeau
Guillaume Latendresse
Bryan Little
Ryan O'Marra
Benoit Pouliot
Tom Pyatt
Devin Setoguchi

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Latendresse could be our game breaker and I think he will be. He proved in Montreal and in the games against the Russians that he elevates his game when it matters the most. Team him with Drummondville teammate Derick Brassard and they'll be unstoppable. At times I think that Brassard maybe better then Guillaume in the long run. I really hope they play on a line together. I see Brassard making the team for the exact same reason that PA Parenteau made the team in 2003 (PA had chemistry with Bouchard and Brassard has the same kind of chemistry with Guillaume).

I don't really know the players from the other leagues (Staal, Chipchura, Price, Barker, Pouliot and Bolland exclude), but I think that Brassard, Latendresse (lock), Bourdon (lock), Letang and Esposito can be on this team.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Goalies:
Carey Price and Julien Ellis

Defense:
Cam Barker - Luc Bourdon
Marc Staal - Kris Russell
Kris Letang - Logan Stephenson
Ryan Parent

Forwards:
Guillaume Latendresse - Andrew Cogliano - Bryan Little
Benoit Pouliot - David Bolland - Devin Setoguchi
Dustin Boyd - Ryan O Marra - Steve Downie (the "shutdown, checking" line)
Jonathan Toews - Kyle Chipchura - Blake Comeau
Kris Chucko

MentalPowerHouse

Oct 11, 2003
I'm glad we have Sutter as the coach. In these tournaments the elite game breakers can make a real difference and in a hurry, but with Sutter as a coach we should have excellent team defense. Even though last years team was an exceptionally great team with elite players I was just as impressed with the coaching and the way the team game together and played together, especially defensively. Being able to shut down the two Russian superstars was no small feat, and we may need another such performance this year.

Meat Wave

Apr 4, 2003
Canada
Brock said:
Goalies:
Carey Price and Julien Ellis

Defense:
Cam Barker - Luc Bourdon
Marc Staal - Kris Russell
Kris Letang - Logan Stephenson
Ryan Parent

Forwards:
Guillaume Latendresse - Andrew Cogliano - Bryan Little
Benoit Pouliot - David Bolland - Devin Setoguchi
Dustin Boyd - Ryan O Marra - Steve Downie (the "shutdown, checking" line)
Jonathan Toews - Kyle Chipchura - Blake Comeau
Kris Chucko

This is a very solid line-up, but I got to ask why Letang and Stephenson ahead of Parent? Granted, I haven't that much of either of those three guys, but I know for a fact that Letang is a very offensively-minded guy with a booming shot, but not that good defensively. Stephenson from the little I've seen at the ADT Challenge and with Tri-City, also seems like a guy who likes pinching and supporting the offence. He did look decent in his own end, but Parent is simply a defensive stalwart who won't give you much room to maneuver. I'd rather see a Letang-Parent pairing for example.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Kyle Chipchura said:
This is a very solid line-up, but I got to ask why Letang and Stephenson ahead of Parent? Granted, I haven't that much of either of those three guys, but I know for a fact that Letang is a very offensively-minded guy with a booming shot, but not that good defensively. Stephenson from the little I've seen at the ADT Challenge and with Tri-City, also seems like a guy who likes pinching and supporting the offence. He did look decent in his own end, but Parent is simply a defensive stalwart who won't give you much room to maneuver. I'd rather see a Letang-Parent pairing for example.

Stephenson is a solid two way guy, very physical. He was drafted as more stay at home physical guy, but his offense has really picked up this year.

In the end I could see those 3 guys rotating in and out of roles. I just think Stephenson could supply you with a similar defensive role, but do a better job of moving the puck and still creating offense.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Hockeycanada said:
Did you happen to catch the WJ's last year? Schneider isn't just as good as the 4 Canadian goaltenders unless he has vastly improved his game.

You're basing this on what exactly? The fact that Schneider, the team's back-up behind Montoya, had a bad game in one tournament a year ago? Tough crowd!

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
It will be interesting to watch the goaltending situation unfold. It sounds like Dubnyk might be a bit of an underdog going into camp tommorrow but the poor kid is playing behind a ridiculously bad Kamloops team. He stopped 43 of 45 shots the other night against Kelowna until the coach finally mercifully pulled him.

Worst of all, Kamloops is the second most penalized team in the WHL and they're constantly on the penalty kill. Heck, as Asiaoil mentioned in the Oilers forum, check out the third period from the Kelowna game:

3 - KAM Macias, 3:04 - High Sticking , 2 min (PP)
3 - KAM Macias, 5:04 - High Sticking , 2 min (PP)
3 - KAM Bender, 6:47 - High Sticking , 2 min (PP)
3 - KAM Bartley, 7:47 - High Sticking , 2 min (PP)
3 - KEL Bodie, 9:13 - Inter. on Goaltender , 2 min
3 - KAM Dubnyk, 9:13 - Roughing , 2 min
3 - KAM Rome, 9:20 - Elbowing , 2 min (PP)
3 - KEL Bauer, 10:09 - Interference , 2 min
3 - KAM Gutierrez, 10:29 - Ob-Tripping , 2 min (PP)
3 - KAM Gutierrez, 10:29 - 10-Minute Misconduct , 10 min
3 - KAM Tesliuk, 11:23 - Ob-Holding , 2 min (PP)
3 - KAM Tesliuk, 11:23 - Roughing , 2 min (PP)
3 - KAM Delaronde, 15:54 - Major-Fighting , 5 min
3 - KEL Ofukany, 15:54 - Major-Fighting , 5 min
3 - KEL Bauer, 16:06 - Roughing , 2 min
3 - KEL Bauer, 16:06 - Roughing , 2 min
3 - KAM Bender, 16:06 - Roughing , 2 min
3 - KAM Bender, 16:06 - Roughing , 2 min
3 - KAM Ellerby, 16:39 - Roughing , 2 min (PP)
3 - KAM Kassian, 16:39 - Slashing , 2 min (PP)

The fact that Dubnyk is in the top 10 in many stat categories is pretty impressive when you look at what he has to put up with. It will be very interesting to see how he plays in camp as that will likely make or break his chance to make the team.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
King Henry I said:
A couple of people don't have Blake Comeau making the team but Ryan O'Marra there. I would be surprised if either didn't make it, but Comeau is a near lock IMO.

I sure hope so he is a machine.

Knighttown

Jun 4, 2005
John Tavares

Surprised the 15 year old wasn't mentioned, but with 19 goals (35 points) in 31 games might he be worth bringing along to get the experience ala, Crosby, Spezza and Boumeester?

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
Knighttown said:
Surprised the 15 year old wasn't mentioned, but with 19 goals (35 points) in 31 games might he be worth bringing along to get the experience ala, Crosby, Spezza and Boumeester?

15 is too young i'm sure he could play at this level but at this point in this development he's not one of the top 13 forwards in canada under 20. However if he played Im sure he wouldnt look out of place. He's already playing up at the U-17 for Ontario this christmas break. Check him out he can score!

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
Well after watching the 3 scrimmages and noting which players were scratched I'm guessing the players chosen will be...

Latendresse-Bolland-Blunden
Pouliot-Cogliano-O'Marra
Chipchura-Boyd-Comeau
Pyatt-Toews-Bertram
Downie/Setoguchi

Staal-Barker
Bourdon-Letang
Russel-Parent
Schultz/Pokuluk

Pogge
Price

Tough call on Schultz v Pokuluk and Setoguchi v Downie.

Eb0la11

Aug 28, 2004
Calgary
This is what I had precamp posted in another thread, we'll see what happens.

Goaltending:
Pogge
Dubnyk

Defence
Barker-Russell
Bourdon-Letang
Staal-Schultz
Parent (Extra)

Forwards
Pouliot Latendresse Bolland
Little Toews Setoguchi
Boyd Omarra Cogliano
Chucko Chipchura Blunden

Comeau (extra)

Boy does it look like Im going to be wrong... lol I think I got 10 or so of the forwards and 6/7 D as well as the goalie but I think I messed up alot of line combos (never put much time into it in the first place as u can see players are out of pos...) etc.... Id say take seto out as well as little and throw in pyatt and bertram. I still think Omarra deserves a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad