Your team Canada U-20 final roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeLaine

May 26, 2004
My line-up:

Fwd's

Cogliano, Pouliot, Latendresse, Little, Bolland, Setoguchi, Boyd, Chipchura, Comeau, Chucko, O'Marra, Downie, and Toews

Def

Barker, Staal, Bourdon, Letang, Russell, Parent, and Stephenson

Goal

Price, Ellis-Plante

Captain:Chipchura
A's: Comeau, Bolland, Barker

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
Goal: Julien Ellis, Justin Pogge
Defence: Cam Barker, Luc Bourdon, Kris Letang, Ryan Parent, Kris Russell, Marc Staal, Logan Stephenson
Forwards: Daniel Bertram, David Bolland, Dustin Boyd, Kyle Chipchura, Kris Chucko, Andrew Cogliano, Angelo Esposito, Guillaume Latendresse, Bryan Little, Ryan O'Marra, Benoit Pouliot, Devin Setoguchi, Blake Comeau

Last edited:

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
Goal: Price, Ellis

Defense: Barker, Bourdon, Pokulok, Schultz, Staal, Russell

Forwards: Blunden, Bolland, Chipchura, Chucko, Cogliano, Downie, Latendresse, O'Marra, Setoguchi, Esposito, Pouliot, Pyatt, Toews

There's a good mix of toughness, checking ability and scoring ability. I'd think the team lines at forward might be something like this:

Pouliot/Bolland/Cogliano
Setoguchi/Toews/Chucko
Latendresse/Chipchura/Downie
Blunden/O'Marra/Pyatt
Esposito as the floater

The defense might look something like this:

Barker/Pokulok
Staal/Russell
Bourdon/Schultz

That's a pretty imposing group of forwards when you really look at it. Couple with a big, mobile defense and good goaltending and there's no reason to believe we can't be the favorites of the tournament again.

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
This is how I'd do it:

Price-Ellis

Barker-Staal
Bourdon-Letang
Parent-Schultz
Russell

Latendresse-Pouliot-Cogliano
Little-Boyd-Bolland
Comeau-O'Marra-Setoguchi
Downie-Chipchura-Toews
Chucko

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
BobbyClarkeFan16 said:
That's a pretty imposing group of forwards when you really look at it. Couple with a big, mobile defense and good goaltending and there's no reason to believe we can't be the favorites of the tournament again.

It's hard to say I think, the one thing Canada lacks that the US has is that one gamebreaker (Ryan/Kessel). IMO I just don't think Canada has as good a top 2 lines as the states but I'd much rather Canada's defence and depth.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
Andrew_11 said:
It's hard to say I think, the one thing Canada lacks that the US has is that one gamebreaker (Ryan/Kessel). IMO I just don't think Canada has as good a top 2 lines as the states but I'd much rather Canada's defence and depth.

We may lack a game breaker so to say, but I think our depth is much better than the Americans. We can put out four lines that can score and check and make life miserable for the other teams. Not too many teams can say that. The US might be able to put out to high power lines, but high power lines can be rendered ineffective by good checking and agitating, and that's where we can be dominant. We throw teams off their game and get them to take stupid penalties, we can actually be quite lethal on the power play. You park someone like Latendresse in the front and have Bourdon pound the puck from the point and we should be lethal.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
King Henry I said:
A couple of people don't have Blake Comeau making the team but Ryan O'Marra there. I would be surprised if either didn't make it, but Comeau is a near lock IMO.
Comeau should be there. He has big game experience. He has played a ton of playoffs games with Kelowna and Memorial Cup games as well. I think he would be a perfect fit on the third or fourth line.

O'Marra I think is a very good bet at being either the third or fourth line center.

gars59

Jan 16, 2005
Trois-Rivières
Little-Boyd-Bolland
Comeau-Chipchura -Setoguchi
Downie-O'Marra-Toews
Chucko

Barker-Staal
Bourdon-Letang
Parent-Schultz
Russell

Price
Ellis

Meat Wave

Apr 4, 2003
Canada
This would be a pretty decent group IMO.

Latendresse - Cogliano - Pouliot
Comeau - Chipchura - Setoguchi
Little - Boyd - Bolland
Blunden - O'Marra - Downie

Barker - Bourdon
Letang - Staal
Parent - Schultz
Russell

Price
Ellis

Quiet Robert

Feb 3, 2005
Man, I'm really worried about the Americans this year, they have a very impressive team. So here's my Team Canada U-20, I'm not sure about forwards yet, but here's defence and goalies.

G: Price/Ellis/Dubnyk (Comes down to those 3 imo, two out of those I'll have to wait)

D: Barker-Bourdon
Staal- Schultz
Parent-Rogers
Letang

For forwards, I don't know. The rosters people have posted so far seem pretty good.

clay

Aug 25, 2005
Vancouver
Latendresse-Chipchura-Pouliot
Boyd- O'Marra- Setoguchi
Comeau- Cogliano - Bourett
Bolland- Esposito- Blunden
Chucko

Barker-Bourdon
Parent - Staal
Rogers - Letang
Pokulok

Ellis
Pogge

Towelie*

As for defense, Staal might not even be a lock for the top 4, not because of play though.

I heard a person from Hockey Canada on the radio today talking about the possibility of having two pairs of D-Men that have already play together, and that they expect Bourdon to be a top 4 and a possible 1-2 punch of Barker and Bourdon. Basically he seemed to be hinting at the chance of a top four like this:

Barker - Russell
Bourdon - Letang

Obviously the chances of this may be far off or whatever. I am sure the play of the defense will be more indicative then anything, still interesting though.

gars59

Jan 16, 2005
Trois-Rivières
clay said:
Boyd- O'Marra- Setoguchi
Chucko

Barker-Bourdon
Parent - Staal
Rogers - Letang
Pokulok

Ellis
Pogge

bouret was not invite
price will be back up or starter

Sticky*

Andrew_11 said:

I disagree, I think that this may be Little and Cogliano's coming out party. These kids are definitely game-breakers, and are both lighting fast, especially Cogliano. I think that they are really going to impress in this tourney.

Sticky*

clay said:
Boyd- O'Marra- Setoguchi
Chucko

Barker-Bourdon
Parent - Staal
Rogers - Letang
Pokulok

Ellis
Pogge

Little will be there. Im not gonna say 100%, cause you never know. But Sutter cannot afford to not take him, as they will need his offense.

HFNHL Canadiens

Aug 12, 2004
Guelph
Latendresse - Brassard - Pouliot - Brassard and Latendresse play together and Pouliot played with Lats during the S.E.C.

Towes - Cogliano - Bertram - I think all 3 of these college guys will play on a line

Esposito -Boyd - Bolland - I just think this line makes sense.

O'Marra - Chipchura - Blunden - O'Marra and Blunden play together in Erie amd will be a good shut - down line.

ex. Setoguchi

Barker - Russel - play together in M.H
Bourdon - Letang - play together in M.H
Staal - Parent - both are very good and seem like locks to make the team

ex. Pokulok

Price
Pogge

ex. Dubnyk

I want Ellis to make the team and I think he should but I think he will go with 2 WHL tenders.

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
gars59 said:
price will be back up or starter
Ur sure of that are u. I'm not saying he wont be but i think the who the goalies will be is very much dependant on how they play at the camp. Any 2 of the 4 could make it in my opinion.

Garp

Jul 5, 2004
Here
Setoguchi-Bolland (I think he can play center?)-Comeau
Little-Chipchura-Chucko (great checking lin if you ask me...)
Brassard-O'Marra-Toews
Boyd or Esposito

Barker-Staal
Bourdon-Letang
Parent-Russell
Rogers

Price
Ellis
(I think that they'll go with the 2 goalies that can steal games. I don't think that Pogge or Dubnyk can do this)

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
Garp said:
Price
Ellis
(I think that they'll go with the 2 goalies that can steal games. I don't think that Pogge or Dubnyk can do this)

This is Kinda why i think Pogge will be the back-up, u want consistency from your back-up u dont need a guy who can steal games you need someone who wont allow the softy. I think it will be one of Price and Ellis as the starter and Pogge as the backup but as said it will be decided in camp.

Towelie*

vanwychen27 said:
This is Kinda why i think Pogge will be the back-up, u want consistency from your back-up u dont need a guy who can steal games you need someone who wont allow the softy. I think it will be one of Price and Ellis as the starter and Pogge as the backup but as said it will be decided in camp.

Ellis has being more consistent over his CHL career then Pogge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->