your skates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
I started with a set of Daoust 301's years ago...(remember them??)but I've been devoted to Bauer's for the most part...Supreme 2000's/3000's/4000's and then swithed to Vapour series...I'm still in a pair of Vapour 10's...I think they are on year 3 now...I did have a pair of Missions (briefly)...I am not upgrading to the Baur xxx's...as the boot is a little too stiff fot me. Lightness of the new skates is impressive...but I need a boot with good feel,over weight. The Vapur 10's have the triangular cut outs on the blade and an enamel coating over the steel.

Drrocket9

Sep 29, 2004
CCM 652s with the Reebok Pump.....ive had them about 12 years and they are still going strong. i could never skate in any other brand but CCM

realhabsfan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Bauer Vapor XX's, I will most likely get the Vapor XXX's at some point in time, its helps that i work at a hockey store so i get them at a very reasonable price.

kalehr

Dec 20, 2004
Mission S300s. Love, love, LOVE 'em! They fit my feet better than any other skate I've had so far.

Mackee

Oct 9, 2003
Montreal
I got a pair of Bauer Vapor 4 skates. 5 years old now and I have no reason to buy a new pair. Then again, most of my ice hockey is spent in goal. My goal skaters are another old pair that I got dirt cheap, pair of Bauer Supreme 1000s.

RedAce

Mar 9, 2005
New York, NY
I have 2 pairs of Mega air90 there like 10+ years old and still going strong considering i play 3 days or so a week. I would like to try the CCM's like Kovalev wears. Does any one know which model he wears?? Is it the Pro tacks? or 652 pro tacks? Anyone know what the differance is between the two?

Moneil18

Jul 17, 2004
Brentwood, TN
CCM 1152's. they were a little stiff at first. (I upgraded from a pair of 852's). But once I had them thermo fitted and broke them in a little they have been the best pair i have ever worn. Been wearing CCM's for over 15 years now.

CRUNK JUICE

Nov 19, 2002
Austin, TX
webspace.utexas.edu
medmed said:
what skates do you have? and if these aren't the one you would have anted, wich would you like? personnaly, i have the Bauer Vapor XX, i think they're great and those i like the most.

I've currently got an old pair of 752 Tacks (the ones with the pump and the kevlar stitching) that were top of the line back in like 97. They're nearly brand new and I got them on Ebay for $50. They used to retail for 5 times that much. I wore the same skates for like 8 years before that (even though they were about 2 and a half sizes too small the last 3 or so years after my feet finished growing), which I actually paid retail for back in the day and loved to death. Sadly, the boot eventually dry rotted off the right skate and the left one wasn't far behind. I just love having crappy, beat up equipment (that way no one can ever accuse me of being "that guy" who wears $2500 gear and has a 10 cent game :D).

That said, I'm extremely happy with the new pair, as 1) they actually fit, and 2) I know they're going to last a while. ;)

RKells

May 26, 2005
I have had a couple pairs of vapor xx s. They are pretty shaky durability-wise though and break down real fast. Would like to try the new Nike Flexlite 12s even though I like more of a traditional skate, or Bauer 8090s.

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
Bauer Vapor VII's.. I just started skating 4-5 months ago and they have been pretty damn good for me. :yo:

Dr GLU

Mar 1, 2002
Northern Hemisphere
After going through several pairs of skates trying to get a decent fit, I think I'm finally settling into a pair of Vapor 10's. And I've got a pristine pair stored away too for when these give out.

Wolfpack

Jul 9, 2004
I had Bauer Air70's for about six years, but I only started playing regularly this past year. Since I cracked one of my blade holders I decided to get a new pair and just got a good deal on the CCM Externos. Had them custom fitted and now I can't wait to get out on the ice.

Martytoof

Jun 8, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
Bought Bauer 4000s maybe 4 months ago. Pure hell at first, but now I can't imagine skating in anything else. Nice to see they're also down under a hundred dollars at some of the online retailers. I bought mine for 140 and thought that was a pretty decent price.

Moved up from a secondhand pair of CCM 652s which were probably older than me.

Edit: Also, I love the classic plain black look, which is why I went with these as opposed to something silver or whatnot.

Last edited:

HockeyMan9

Jul 1, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
CCM 652 Tacks. They're about 2 years old now, i like them, but they're already getting to the point when i need to start looking for some new ones, i've always been hard on skates.

jiggs 10

Dec 5, 2002
Hockeytown, ND
Visit site
Wow! I need to upgrade! I've got Bauer 1000's (from the early 90's), and love them, although they are starting to get a little worn out! I've been trying out different skates, though. I like the Bauer 8090's, but they are too pricey. Need to find a used pair, I guess. Although the 6000's look pretty affordable, so maybe I'll go with them.

Best skates I ever owned: Dauoust Super 301's back in the mid-80's. Had them for 8 years, skating 5 times a week, and they never went bad. I'd still have them but I lost them in a flood (they were in my basement at the time). And now the company is owned by Bauer, who quit making them. Too bad.

Dr GLU

Mar 1, 2002
Northern Hemisphere
jiggs 10 said:
I like the Bauer 8090's, but they are too pricey. Need to find a used pair, I guess. Although the 6000's look pretty affordable, so maybe I'll go with them.

If you like the fit of the 8090s, you might want to stay away from the 6000s. They're much narrower.

The 5090 will be the mid-level Bauer skate with a fit similar to the 8090 this year. Those might be your best option on a budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad