Your ranking of Q player for team Canada

HABsurde

Jul 28, 2005
Montreal
For me

Drouin (the kid is a gem)
Danault (Did very well what he was bring in to do)
Ouellet (was fine, couple of mistakes but all in all solid)
MacKinnon (Very dissapointing although cannot be entirely blame, he's not the one putting himself on the ice in these situation)

Huberdeau (What a surestimate player, never really liked him before, definitly don't like him now, i really don't see what he brings to the game to make him such a high liked prospect)

Sad Hudon didn't last, he could have help....

your taughts.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Every one on team Canada was disappointing last night, but as a whole I was impressed with everyone there except MacKinnon, but the 17 year olds have a history of being a crapshoot at the WJC so I wouldn't put too much stock in it.

Huberdeau wasn't tremendous but I don't think he was terrible.

ReppingMTL

Mar 22, 2012
Gotta give credit to Ouellett, guy was a stud on the blue line throughout the tournament.
Drouin: Was impressive as a 17YO which is a hard thing to do but was given chances to play in top 6 with quality players.
Danualt: Played his role perfectly. I remember one game, he went perfect in the FO circle, him and Jenner did well in that game against Russia.
Huberdeau: Never got his hype, had a great second half to a season that merited him a top three pick. I though he was better last year than this year. Maybe he needs to be a top dog on the team, rather than be apart of the supporting cast.
Mac: I honestly don't get why they took him. If he was picked to sit on the pine and play fourth line minutes, it would have been smarter to take an actual grinder that can do the job that much better. WIsh they gave him the opportunity, but his time will come. Still the top dog in the draft class.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Every one on team Canada was disappointing last night, but as a whole I was impressed with everyone there except MacKinnon, but the 17 year olds have a history of being a crapshoot at the WJC so I wouldn't put too much stock in it.

Huberdeau wasn't tremendous but I don't think he was terrible.

Same. I won't say he's "overrated" (as one has), but I was looking for more from him.

TOML

Oct 4, 2006
Walnut Grove
Yup, Huberdeau didn't do much to warrant any hype.

MacKinnon certainly won't be 'the next Crosby' or anything like that. Wouldn't be surprised if Popeye Jones' son goes first overall, esp. given everyone's love for defensemen these days. Meanwhile, Jones has just been 'okay' in this tournament. Better than 'invisible' for MacKinnon.

TOML

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
I think Ouellet's ankle was not okay for that game against the US. You could see it early on especially, but all game long he had HUGE problems keeping up with anybody laterally.

That said, he's been (IMO) Canada's most versatile defenseman. He plays PP, PK, and matches up against tough guys ES. I thought he was excellent against Russia especially. He was the best D Canada had that game.

It's an easy call to make now, but I think Canada's PP might have been better with Hamilton-Ouellet instead of Murphy. Murphy and Hamilton both want to make a play with the puck, while Ouellet would have been more of a passive guy and would have let Hamilton take the big point shot.

86Habs

May 4, 2009
Huberdeau certainly didn't do anything during this tournament to suggest that he'd be an impact player this year in the NHL - which was essentially the hype around him going in. He was a pretty significant disappointment, in my view.

PensBandwagonerNo272*

Forgot About Sid
Sep 10, 2012
Drouin - Rating: A - Have been watching this kid grow. Very proud of his performance.

MacKinnon - Rating: C+ - Got better as the tournament went on. I think an all Q line of Hubs - MacK - JD would of been very productive. His limited ice time hurt his confidence.

Huberdeau - Rating: B - Had a great first couple of games but trailed off a bit after being but on the 2nd line. Thought he was good though, just not a leader.

Ouellet - Rating: A- - Great two-way dman. Probably the most reliable dman Canada had for any situation.

Danault - Rating: B- - Definitely played his role, but I feel he has a lot more to bring offensively from what I've seen in the Q. If Spott told him to play a rough defensive game, he played his role.

dustybreaks

Dec 31, 2012
Yup, Huberdeau didn't do much to warrant any hype.

MacKinnon certainly won't be 'the next Crosby' or anything like that. Wouldn't be surprised if Popeye Jones' son goes first overall, esp. given everyone's love for defensemen these days. Meanwhile, Jones has just been 'okay' in this tournament. Better than 'invisible' for MacKinnon.

TOML

Whats one suppose to do with 6 mins a game?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad