Your proudest moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

AzWeThInKwEiZ

Jul 1, 2004
Mine was leading my team from a 6-1 disadvantage with two periods left to a 7-6 win with 5 goals and an assist. I was so estatic after the win I felt like I was on cloud nine.

I was wondering what were some of your proudest or best moments in hockey?

Habsfan 32

Aug 18, 2004
Way up north...
Something similar to you. Leading my team to a 5-4 win in overtime and scoring the game tying goal and the game winner in O.T. and I also got 2 assists and 4 PIMS.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Played in a league against a team of cops

and in the 1st period I almost got into 3 fights (ref broke them up) and had the whole bench swearing that they were going to put me the hospital.

After going into the 1st intermission down 1-0 I came out and scored 2 goals in the 2nd while being a major physical paid in theri asses.

One goal was a great wrap-around that I have never done prior or since.

I closed out the scoring with a slapshot from the blueline that beat the goalie low.

I am no where near the best player on my team, but it was one of those days where no matter what you did, it worked.

Final score of the game 3-1 and I had each one of those cops in the palm of my hand all game.

A credit to them is that each one of them congratulated me on a great game and held no ill will towards me at all.

A proud moment for me in hockey.

Drrocket9

Sep 29, 2004
1996 Las Vegas Hockey Classic

our team the Oakland Cardinals won our division at the 96 Vegas tourney.

we were winning 4-3 near the games end, and one of our forwards took a stupid selfish penalty with 1:50 to go. we managed to kill off the clock, and when that puck was cleared down the ice with less than 10 to go the rush of watching the clock tick down was awesome.

after the game, as we lined up for the awarding of our trophies, they announced the all-tournament team. when they announced the outstanding left wing of the tournament, it was my name they called out.

i was so surprised and proud. it was such an honor, one that i could not have acheived without my linemates.

we were the first team from Northern California to be crowned tournament champions. the trophies occupy a space on one of my dressers next to the team photo.

Goodwith Sticks

May 11, 2004
Vancouver
pld459666 said:
and in the 1st period I almost got into 3 fights (ref broke them up) and had the whole bench swearing that they were going to put me the hospital.

After going into the 1st intermission down 1-0 I came out and scored 2 goals in the 2nd while being a major physical paid in theri asses.

That's cool that you were all over the cops :) - I played against a cop team back in Vic. and they were decidedly hot-headed.. but they had some skilled players too.
Their goalie was a Hextall-in-withdrawal, serious freak-out type.

For me it would be scoring the game tying goal with 5 to go in the 3rd in the ONLY game of Junior A hockey I ever played, called up from the Junior B affiliate in the VIJHL. I'm a d, and I let a slapper go low and hard from on high through a crowd in front and somehow it found the twine. It was really cool for me to have my name on the PA as a goal scorer in a Junior A game, with my parents and a few pals in the crowd of about 500 at the now-demo'd Memorial Arena. After the game the coach said I played well considering I'd never played A before and after that it was back to Junior B for the duration of my last year of Junior eligibility ( where truthfully I belonged skill-wise - good junior B player, less-than-mediocre Junior A player).

We lost that game 4-3 in Ot on a PP, but still it was great to score in my only Junior A game

jb**

AzWeThInKwEiZ said:
Mine was leading my team from a 6-1 disadvantage with two periods left to a 7-6 win with 5 goals and an assist. I was so estatic after the win I felt like I was on cloud nine.

I was wondering what were some of your proudest or best moments in hockey?
Having sex with my high school english teacher when I was senior, int he teachers lounge after school.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
When I was Atome (8-9 years old I think), we had two teams in the city and we were playing against the other team. A lot of my friends were on the other team and this day, at school, we were talking a lot about the game saying that we'll win etc. This game was tie 3-3 when I scored a goal with exactly 1.03 second to go in the third period. God was I proud.

Or this year I scored a beauty of a goal while being short-handed. The defenseman was going very slowly after the puck in their own zone, he was at the blue line and I was at the red line, I started skating top gear, got near the dman when he got the puck, lift his stick, made a wrap around and scored top shelf.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
The one time I almost got a shutout playing rec league. Hey, you take it where you can get it! :D

Sixty Six

Feb 28, 2003
Pittsburgh, PA
Visit site
i coach the second tier team of an inline club in pittsburgh, and my team was expected to get blown out every game of the AAU regional tourney, the first game we beat our upper team, it was amazing.

Galchenkel

Nov 9, 2003
Saint Pierre
twitter.com
as i was in atom...scoring the game winning goal in second overtime in the championship game of the provincial tournament in newfoundland.
or maybe more recently, last april in midget, scoring a goal a la cammeleri (at this year's AHL skill competition) at the same kind of provincial tournament in front of a whole crowd during the skills competition.

allin4466

Apr 8, 2005
earning a shutout in a must-win game against the top team in the league. Our team started out 2-13 and put together a 13-2 run at the end of our season to make the playoffs...

or in peewee when we won all of our regular season games, swept every series. and went on to win provincials that year..

or looking back on it, when i was in bantam i played on our "A" team (we have "AA" and "A" out here) we had a one win season, but i made a save on Travis Zajac in a shootout that year.. good to take something positive out of a terrible season 4 years later

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
In my last year of midget, I started the season strong but struggled around January and lost my spot on the depth chart. With four games to play, we needed at least three wins to make the playoffs. I'd been riding the pine for a month when the starter blew his knee in the warmup of the forth last game.

So I get thrown into the fire against one of the best teams in the league, cold and mentally unprepared I went in and outplayed Jamie Hodgson (Leafs 3rd rounder the next year) to steal a huge win 3-2. The next day we played another team that was ahead of us in the standings and shut them out 1-0, stopped their leading scorer on a breakaway with three minutes left. We split our final two games, I wasn't as spectacular but it was enough to get us into the playoffs.

That was my proudest performance related moment. But a couple years later I was going to Uni and didn't want to play junior anymore so I went to play with friends on a club team and we won the league together. That was my proudest fun moment.

Smelco

Aug 19, 2004
Ive never had any big moments in organized hockey - roller or ice....

in a rec game of roller hockey we played games to go up to 5 goals and then we switch teams.

Down 4-1, they were trash-talkin us and laughin...so I got mad and scored 3 of the next 4 goals to win it 5-4. didnt think i had it in me

as someone said...you gotta take it where you can get it.

Mackee

Oct 9, 2003
Montreal
Only one that comes to mind is a 46 save performance I turned in at a rec league tourney. Final was 6-2 for us but this was probably the best team I ever faced. Shots were something like 48-15 in their favour. Their goalie was crap, and I wasn't (well for this game anyways) :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad