Your predictions, how does the second half play out?

Whale Mingo

Nov 18, 2012
What are your thoughts on how the season ends up?

Do the Caps hang on as the best in the East? Do the Pens finally have it together enough to make the playoffs? Is Sid finally on track? Does Kane run away with the scoring title?

What is your boldest prediction and what do you think reverses from the first half?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Spend significant assets for a 30+ rental. Sneak into the last spot of the playoffs on the backs of Sid, Geno and Fleury. Get eliminated in 5 games. Watch the team wonder why a legitimate Cup contender like the Pens just can't get it done. Facepalm until October.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I expect the Pens to earn a Playoff spot. Without the deadline they have that chance, and depending on what happens at it they could either sink or swim in the playoffs.

But they will look so much better then recent past. They will be primed for future playoffs.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
My guess is the Pens finish in the 5-8 range in the conference and lose in the 1st round in a good series. That is assuming the team doesn't pick up its ES production.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Pens are as good or better than every team in the Metro sans Washington, and they've played them pretty well recently.

I think they're 2nd or 3rd in the division. They win a round because they avoid the Caps.

If they make the right addition/s at the deadline, they could upset the Caps.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
better than the first half. We are probably a top 4 D and decent LW away from having a chance against anybody in a series. But getting both will be tough.

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
Beau Bennett and Nick Bonino will be packaged and traded for a defenseman.

They'll probably also trade for a forward somehow.

Pens end up 4th/5th in the conference.

Crosby and Malkin both end up with 80-85 points.

As usual they go out in round 1 or 2

Penske

Kunitz wasn't there
Jan 13, 2016
Dupuis comes out of retirement, wins the Conn Smythe and another Stanley Cup.

EDIT: After he's traded to Washington.

Last edited:

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
better than the first half. We are probably a top 4 D and decent LW away from having a chance against anybody in a series. But getting both will be tough.

I just hope they find a longterm solution on LW. I can deal with a rental on defense if they're thinking longterm at the position with DP, Dumo and Maatta, and they just want a stopgap for the stretch run.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I just hope they find a longterm solution on LW. I can deal with a rental on defense if they're thinking longterm at the position with DP, Dumo and Maatta, and they just want a stopgap for the stretch run.

yeah I agree. I'd rather rent at D than LW. Just don't rent overpriced bottom 6 or 3rd pairing guys plz

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Since Dec.12th, the Pens are 3rd or 4th in Goals scored.
Keep clicking like that and they easily make the playoffs imo.
Probably lose in round 1.
Certainly need the key cogs to stay healthy though.
Lose one and this team could easily tank and be out.
Which wouldn't be a horrible thing either just cuz they could beef up thier prospect pool/low depth area with a quick 1st round pick.

Last edited:

MrWilson*

This team doesn't need another forward to make or go deep into the playoffs. Two things it does need:

1) Stay injury free.
2) Defense. DP needs to shine. Just keep Cole out.

StroShow

Dec 22, 2013
Vancouver
I think the Pens were starting to pick up some steam before the all star break , I see them climbing up to 2nd in the division , I see Sid finishing with around 28-35 goals 80-85 points , Geno I see hitting the 40-45 goal mark and somewhere between 85-90 pts. I could see them winning a round or two depending on how healthy we are going in to the playoffs and how Sid and Geno perform , and how healthy letang is going in. This team under Sullivan is actually fun to watch , The stars are producing and its a lot better seeing Daley skate the puck out of the zone rather then Scuderi. Really like the speedy duo of Hagelin and Kessel. Hoping Maatta uses this break to rest up and rejuvenate , he's going to be key in the second half.

Last edited:

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
The Pens are coming into their own after a coaching and system adjustment. Our goalie has come into his own. We are developing an identity and our stars are playing better. We have three game breakers at forward and decent overal forward depth. Our PP is clicking well. We have limited assets to make moves with a couple holes to fill and a couple players who no longer seem to fit our system in Cole and Plots. I think there will be moves to come but we need to be cap conscious and save precious assets. As long as we get in we have a chance. We are going to get a good look at Pouliot. This is gonna be a fun second half. Enjoy it.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Absent major injuries the Pens certainly make the playoffs.

Then they bow out after a couple of rounds.

Pretty much what we expected going into the season before HCMJ destroyed the offense in an attempt to save his job.

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
Depends on a few things.

If they can get a capable LW, and a top 4 dman, they can go far.

If not, it's a first/second round loss.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad