GDT: Your New Jersey Devils @ Washington Capitals, 3 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
I don’t know why posts like these are made when Jim was pointing out the obvious. The stats Jack had prior to this run were mediocre.

Now that he’s picking it up, it’s a great sign for him and the team. It took about 3 years but he’s giving us what we were expecting.

It’s the fact he never pops in when the player is putting up the points and playing his best hockey. He will be here in a nano-second the minute Hughes has a rough stretch but not when he’s blossoming before our eyes.

Reactions: jkrdevil

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
For what it's worth, I think I predicted us to win this game in Washington when I did my little predictions of all the games through the Blue Jackets games next week.

Of course, 2 of them were postponed in the stretch, including my predicted dud loss to Montreal at home.

I think I predicted big shocking wins over Pittsburgh and Washington on the road. The Pittsburgh game got postponed though. I did predict a beatdown by the Oilers though.

after the sabres game i wanted 8 of the next 10 points by the end of the 2nd jackets game this week

Reactions: Bleedred

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Boqvist needs to really put some points up (like just now) if I'm keeping him in over Bastian.

He's going to end up as trade bait soon. There's an NHL player there, but he hasn't been able to solidify a spot when he's in the line-up.

I'm afraid he's going to get pushed out soon as guys get healthy. Hopefully the Devils trade him to give him an opportunity elsewhere.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
I don’t know why posts like these are made when Jim was pointing out the obvious. The stats Jack had prior to this run were mediocre.

Now that he’s picking it up, it’s a great sign for him and the team. It took about 3 years but he’s giving us what we were expecting.
Maybe reassess the way you evaluate players? Hughes put up poor raw point totals on awful teams with the body of a child (in an incredibly tumultuous time with coaches fired and COVID, etc.) Who cares?

There was plenty there to see to expect greatness out of Jack. Just looking at points is how you end up trading Jesper Bratt and missing out on what he is currently doing.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Just tell Lindy to stay home.:laugh:
What if he's out 4 games (I said 5 but he'll probably only be back 4 and I think he's even eligible to come back after the Boston game if he has negative tests) and we go 4-0-0 or 3-0-1 and then he comes back and we go back to losing 3 or 4 in a row when he returns? Does he get canned?

I don't think these games really had anything to do with him being gone and we did win our last game with him behind the bench, but it makes you wonder.

I'm gonna say it again, I don't think Nas is really worse than Ruff, but I really wouldn't want either of them as a head coach.

And Ruff is still having zoom meetings with the staff on the bench, so he's still pulling a lot of the strings.

Reactions: MadDevil

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Yeah that's as close to a must win. When Boston has so many games in hand you have to take direct points from them if you can.
Boston will come in 4th in the Atlantic at worst and is making the playoffs. Detroit will fade.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Boston will come in 4th in the Atlantic at worst and is making the playoffs. Detroit will fade.

Unless Pitt hits the skids, Boston is the only team we can attempt to catch.

It might not be possible. Boston's game in hand situation could have them run away with the final wild card spot.

No one is close to them point percentage wise right now as far as teams outside looking in

Reactions: Jersey Fan 12
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad