GDT: Your New Jersey Devils @ Toronto Maple Leafs, 7:30 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
And of course it was just bad luck all around that the last TV timeout came with just 2 minutes and 13 seconds left or something. So after the Leafs staff threw away their timeout on that challenge, they pretty much got a freebie timeout because there were no whistle's between the 5:59 mark and that period. Aside from when we were on the power play, and there are no TV timeouts during a power play.

Usually the last TV timeout in a period is the first non icing whistle, that isn't on a power play under the 6 minute mark.

It was weird tonight. Even in the 1st period, the last TV timeout came with like 57 seconds left or something. And this game took almost 3 hours to play. About 2 hours and 54-ish minutes. One of the longer games in real time this season for us.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
We still had a lot of opportunities to seal this game:

- Gionta Offside
- Palmeiri blown 2 on 1
- Josefson ringer off post
- Blandisi blown 2 on 1
- Blandisi falling on the breakaway

We need one of those to be goals.

That one pissed me off - he didn't need to go offside at all as they had them outnumbered and if he held up he could have had the exact same shot from the same location and scored just the same. He went offsides only to then slow down and wait for the one timer pass.

Stupid.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That one pissed me off - he didn't need to go offside at all as they had them outnumbered and if he held up he could have had the exact same shot from the same location and scored just the same. He went offsides only to then slow down and wait for the one timer pass.

Stupid.

I don't know, I'm not sure I could have seen him scoring there if it hadn't been offside.

He did put the puck in the net, but the goalie heard the whistle blow and left position.

This GDT is as long as tonight's game. Must have been the longest of the year haha.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Awful game overall by NJD.
They made too many mental errors and not enough puck possesion.

A bad loss to give it away late.
Only score 2 vs a bad goalie who was shaky and giving up rebounds all night.

Can never win in that building.
They must be in awe if the Toronto aura or something.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Awful game overall by NJD.
They made too many mental errors and not enough puck possesion.

A bad loss to give it away late.
Only score 2 vs a bad goalie who was shaky and giving up rebounds all night.

Can never win in that building.
They must be in awe if the Toronto aura or something.

It's the Original Six franchise mystique.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
On a night where every forward outside of Josefson, Blandisi, and Stempniak was bad, every defenseman, even Larsson, aside from Greene mad mistakes in the defensive zone, and we had our backup goalie in, I'll gladly take a point against any team.

We aren't going to win every game. We aren't nearly good enough to expect that. Getting a point is better than nothing.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
On a night where every forward outside of Josefson, Blandisi, and Stempniak was bad, every defenseman, even Larsson, aside from Greene mad mistakes in the defensive zone, and we had our backup goalie in, I'll gladly take a point against any team.

We aren't going to win every game. We aren't nearly good enough to expect that. Getting a point is better than nothing.

Greene was excellent and I can say without hesitation he's our best defenseman. I liked Schlemko's game as well. He just needs to not turn it over during the PP.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Yeah I'm joking there but they don't play smart nor well in that building.

Maybe its the huge speed advantage that they have over us?

Kinky got us a point tonight but he deserved two.

Zajacs dumb 1st period penalty still irks me.

I was joking too, no worries. :)

Could be they are faster than us. Whatever it is, we don't match up to well against them, I guess.

Shame we couldn't get the two points when Kinky actually played well. He deserved the win, but the rest of the team was determined not to get it and finally succeeded in the shootout, yay for them.

Most of Zajac's game tonight irked me to be honest. We need him to play better down the stretch.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yeah I'm joking there but they don't play smart nor well in that building.

Maybe its the huge speed advantage that they have over us?

Kinky got us a point tonight but he deserved two.

Zajacs dumb 1st period penalty still irks me.

This was Kinkaid's best game of the season, possibly one of the best he's ever played.

The first game against the Blackhawks that he ever started was good. Maybe I'd give that the edge, due to the quality of competition over tonight's ********* disgrace of a team.

But just like that one, another frickin lousy shootout loss.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I was joking too, no worries. :)

Could be they are faster than us. Whatever it is, we don't match up to well against them, I guess.

Shame we couldn't get the two points when Kinky actually played well. He deserved the win, but the rest of the team was determined not to get it and finally succeeded in the shootout, yay for them.

Most of Zajac's game tonight irked me to be honest. We need him to play better down the stretch.

If Trav and Rico played even slightly above average tonight its prob a 2 goal win.

They need to rise up on Saturday.
Kalinin was not good tonight too.
Nor were Gelly and Gionta as usual.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
If Trav and Rico plated even slightly above average tonight its prob a 2 goal win.

They need to rise up on Saturday.
Kalinin was not good tonight too.
Nor was Gelly and Gionta as usual.

Rico definitely needs to get back on track, just like Travis. Both can be better than this and need to be better than this, especially during games without Cammy. Cammy rises to the occasion when they aren't in the lineup; they need to do a better job of returning the favor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->