GDT: Your New Jersey Devils @ St. Louis Blues, 8 PM, MSG+2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Alright, so it's been a bit testy here the last few days.

giphy.gif

But thankfully, we have a game tonight! (Finally) And we can stop being at each other's throats! (hopefully)

tumblr_muh8dhflDm1qbw31io4_500.gif

Devils Lineup TBD - Morning Skate at 12:30

Return of Pavel Zacha?

large.gif

Debut of Luke Gazdic?

goon-o.gif

St. Louis Lineup:

Schwartz-Stastny-Jaskin
Fabbri-Lehtera-Tarasenko
Steen-Berglund-Perron
Upshall-Brodziak-Yakupov

Edmundson-Pietrangelo
Hunt-Shattenkirk
Bouwmeester-Parayko

Allen
Hutton

2z6trih.jpg

7ba5c86cd83804daa091b1fd82b0bf5a.jpg

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
Saw 311 once at PNC when I was in high school. I drank 14 beers and smoked three bowls before the show. Don't remember much about it.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Apparently PAP and Bennett are extras tonight (along with Josefson) per Gross...that's a bit random lol

Cue the complaining that one goal Beau sits for the goon

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Apparently PAP and Bennett are extras tonight (along with Josefson) per Gross...that's a bit random lol

Those who said it's because he wants sandpaper in the lineup. BB and PAP are softer players compared to Wood, Lappin and of course Gazdic.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey

Thank god.

Bennett's been ok, but he's been part of the problem as well. The lackadaisical play from him and Parenteau haven't helped the team defense.

Bennett still plays at the NHL level like it's open roller hockey. While that could be a good thing, he was growing more and more careless with his play.

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
I think Bennett has been very strong. He's one of our smartest players, and probably should have extra four goals and a couple assists based on all the chances he's created.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I think Bennett has been very strong. He's one of our smartest players, and probably should have extra four goals and a couple assists based on all the chances he's created.

He seems like he's been going off script more of late. Since the beginning of the year I've been saying that he plays like he's playing open hockey. He will try some ridiculous moves, no look drop passes, etc.

I'd imagine Hynes is trying to send a message. Guys like Parenteau/Bennett have been particularly poor at winning puck battles and I would imagine being weak in the defensive zone. Sitting them sends a message to either start playing within the system or we will play players who will.

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
I feel no sympathy for people complaining about no HD. I don't even get MSG+2. Most of the time when i do get a MSG or MSG+ game i get blacked out by the slugs. Enjoy your SD feed. Can't even use center ice because blackout restrictions

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
This is AG's "educated projection" of the lines, so take it for what it's worth.

Taylor Hall-Travis Zajac-Devante Smith-Pelly

Miles Wood-Adam Henrique-Kyle Palmieri

Michael Cammalleri-Pavel Zacha-Nick Lappin

Luke Gazdic-Vern Fiddler-Sergey Kalinin

Full article:
http://www.northjersey.com/story/sp...parenteau-bennett-healthy-scratches/95478288/

His predictions likely aren't much better than ours.

I would say:

Hall - Zajac - Lappin
Cammalleri - Henrique - Palmieri
Wood - Zacha - DSP
Gazdic - Fiddler - Kalinin

DSP on the top line was a disaster. Henrique/Zajac are interchangeable.

Camille the Eel

This is AG's "educated projection" of the lines, so take it for what it's worth.

Taylor Hall-Travis Zajac-Devante Smith-Pelly

Miles Wood-Adam Henrique-Kyle Palmieri

Michael Cammalleri-Pavel Zacha-Nick Lappin

Luke Gazdic-Vern Fiddler-Sergey Kalinin

Full article:
http://www.northjersey.com/story/sp...parenteau-bennett-healthy-scratches/95478288/

Good balance but I would rather see Henrique on wing than center. And especially Zacha on the left point on the power play.

Though I agree with FMASC that Bennet has been one of our better forwards. Still, let's just throw a good game out there tonight. The line up above will match up well with the Blues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->