GDT: Your New Jersey Devils @ Detroit Red Wings, 7:30 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Palms has seen the Niedermayer goal clip and didn't miss a beat when Deb brought it up. I'm starting to think he grew up a closet Devils fan :sarcasm:

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Really liking Kalinin. As he adapts and learns to use his body better to be that net front presence I can see him becoming a 30-40 pt player.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
Palms has seen the Niedermayer goal clip and didn't miss a beat when Deb brought it up. I'm starting to think he grew up a closet Devils fan :sarcasm:

He probably has some great memories of watching the Rangers get smacked over and over again by the Devils :)

I think he was secretly cheering for them too.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Perfect time for the guys to get away from hockey for a few days.

Recharge them batteries.

Very happy they got a W going into the break, especially vs a top team on the road.

liquid1988

Oct 14, 2013
Exit 88 GSPW
Jagr approves of this hard fought win

12369182_805243282935870_8366039633480667964_n.jpg

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't think Schneider had a good game tonight.

Goal 3 was bad.

I thought goal 1 was a definite screen, I'd have to look at goal 2 again. Did it go five hole? I don't usually ding a goalie on a one timer, unless it goes through him while he's in position. Or past his glove while in position.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Just caught the game on DVR, good to see Kalinin and Tootoo get on the board. I thought Schneider had a good game even after the third goal.

There's no better way to go into the break than after a win against a contender in their own building

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This was like the fifth or sixth time in 3 seasons that we've won a game where Cory allowed 3 goals.

Might have been the seventh actually.

About half of them or more, the game winner by us had already been scored by the time Schneider had allowed 3.

We rarely bail him out.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Proud of the team. Good to go into the break on a win.

I kept thinking of the game you attended last year, during this entire time from when it went 3-1. The one we talked about the other day.

I was glad it wasn't a repeat.:laugh:

Last edited:

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Goal 3 was bad.

I thought goal 1 was a definite screen, I'd have to look at goal 2 again. Did it go five hole? I don't usually ding a goalie on a one timer, unless it goes through him while he's in position. Or past his glove while in position.

Sheahan's shot on goal 3 should have never even made it to the net. Schlemko was caught wayyyy out of position and shouldve been there to block the shot or force him to not take a shot at all.

I do agree the first two weren't bad goals though, he couldnt see anything on goal one and a PP one timer from the circle isn't the easiest thing to stop

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
'95 taught the "experts" and media something they won't do again - never predict a sweep.

Chumps. :laugh:

It also taught the media and general public that NJ Devils = trap regardless that the rest of the league does it, but it's smart defense.

I think we should create and broadcast stereotypes for every other team in the league.

Rangers = 6 goalies
Detroit = Diving Divas
Buffalo = Tankers
Minnesota = Homesick haven
Chicago = Home slush advantage

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
It also taught the media and general public that NJ Devils = trap regardless that the rest of the league does it, but it's smart defense.

I think we should create and broadcast stereotypes for every other team in the league.

Rangers = 6 goalies
Detroit = Diving Divas
Buffalo = Tankers
Minnesota = Homesick haven
Chicago = Home slush advantage

add Pittsburgh = les Lemieuxs de dix neuf huit quatre

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
Kalinin in beast mode last night. If he can play like that more often, we have a really good positive going forward. I also didn't think Cory had a good game. He has looked shaky in the past several games. He does make those insane saves, but it seems that he lets in goals he should stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad