GDT: Your New Jersey Devils @ Arizona Coyotes : the I just woke up edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I would rather see Farnham - Josefson - Gionta

I probably would too, but I don't believe Matteau is good enough for the 3rd line.

At least not from anything I've seen so far.

With that line, Matteau is either in the top 9 or a healthy scratch every night.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I probably would too, but I don't believe Matteau is good enough for the 3rd line.

I'm saying that should be the 4th line.

Cammalleri Henrique Stempniak
Boucher Zajac Palmieri
Kalinin Blandisi Tlusty (begrudgingly )
Matteau Josefson Farnham

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey

With that line, Matteau is either in the top 9 or a healthy scratch every night.

The thing about your fourth line is you really need to rely on them, especially if you want to have a good team. Sometimes more than your third line.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The thing about your fourth line is you really need to rely on them, especially if you want to have a good team. Sometimes more than your third line.

We've definitely relied on ours for offense more than what has been considered the 3rd line, that's for sure.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I'm saying that should be the 4th line.

Cammalleri Henrique Stempniak
Boucher Zajac Palmieri
Kalinin Blandisi Tlusty (begrudgingly )
Matteau Josefson Farnham

im pretty much down for this, looks like the best combo imo

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
We've definitely relied on ours for offense more than what has been considered the 3rd line, that's for sure.

I meant defensively. I just don't trust Matteau defensively yet.

Farnham - Josefson - Gionta can play a fast game just like Farnham - Gionta - Tootoo, but it takes away Tootoo's stupid decisions.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
if he had all those things he'd be Patrick Kane...I'll settle for a 20 goal scorer though :)

Doubt he even becomes that unless he finds ways to get himself into position...or we find a wizard to get him the puck.

No denying that shot...im just not sure he has anything at all to go with it

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
I really hope we can stay relevant this season. The next three games are very winnable: home against Calgary and Ottawa, away against Winnipeg.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
We have become complacent.

No Borat gif?

I am disappoint.

It took Borat a little while to wake up too :sarcasm:

RBVMcBu.gif

RNCDevil

Jun 21, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
I was trying to find nhl records for most shot attempts in a game. I still could not find the statistic BUT I did see that Ray Bourque had 19 (19!) shots in a single game. That's crazy.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Thank you Tippett for starting Blimpback.

Cory was the reason we were not run out of the rink.
All-Star performance.

Bouch with a nasty snipe, but we only scored 2 basically playing vs an open net.

Get some sleep tomorrow Devils and let's hope Cammy is back soon.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Thank you Tippett for starting Blimpback.

Cory was the reason we were not run out of the rink.
All-Star performance.

Bouch with a nasty snipe, but we only scored 2 basically playing vs an open net.

Get some sleep tomorrow Devils and let's hope Cammy is back soon.

We'd have a better chance of being shutout if they played an empty net all goal than with Blimpback in there.

With all the mediocre goaltenders we make look good, Blimpback has been abysmal against us in his career. Absolutely abysmal against us.

And we've had an awful offense all but one season he's been in the league. And the only year we had an average offense was the only season in his career that he didn't play against us.

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
It's really amazing how good Schneider makes us. I would not trade Schneider for Patty Kane or Erik Karlsson, they would not make this team better than with Schneider in net.

Goaltending>>>>Every other position. I would have traded the first overall pick if we had it that year we traded for Cory.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It's really amazing how good Schneider makes us. I would not trade Schneider for Patty Kane or Erik Karlsson, they would not make this team better than with Schneider in net.

Goaltending>>>>Every other position. I would have traded the first overall pick if we had it that year we traded for Cory.

I hate to continue beating up on Kinkaid, but we're probably the worst team in the league with this year's version of Kinkaid starting as many games as Cory had.

And then we'd have this complete misinterpretation that outside fans make.

''That D they have over in New Jersey is the worst in the league. You can't judge any goaltender playing behind that team. Remember how bad Mason was on Columbus? Or how bad Dubnyk was that last season in Edmonton?'' just like they constantly do with teams like Edmonton and Arizona, Carolina and Calgary too. And whatever other team had ****** goaltending and was dead near last in goals against.

Not that most of those teams have particularly great defense, I'm just saying.

Even with a league average goaltender starting most of the games like say Antti Niemi, we're probably a bottom 2 or 3 team with how poor the offense is.

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
If a team like Dallas traded their pick that same year for Cory they would've solved their goaltending issue and been a contender right now. We are so lucky to have him.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If a team like Dallas traded their pick that same year for Cory they would've solved their goaltending issue and been a contender right now. We are so lucky to have him.

Lehtonen was still good as of that season, not as good as Cory though.

Niemi isn't a bad goaltender by any means, he just isn't as good as Cory.

He's not the kind of goaltender that's gonna cost a team a playoff spot, like Pavelec has been doing for years and up in Winnipeg. And did a pretty good job of this year before he was injured.

He's just not good enough to drag a so-so team (last year's Sharks) to the playoffs.

I still think it's hilarious that Martin Jones and Robin Lehner went for first round picks this year. Both less proven than Schneider was when he was traded to us. Well many Lehner has had almost as many games played, but he's been clearly inferior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->