GDT: Your New Jersey Devils @ Arizona Coyotes : the I just woke up edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
I thought this game was a nice example of Cory + our defense giving up nothing and making up for every mistake the forwards made.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I hope to god Boucher and Blandisi stay in the lineup when everyone gets healthy.

Palmieri, Henrique, Cammalleri, Zajac, Stempniak, Blandisi, Kalinin, Boucher has the makings of a respectable top 9.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I hope to god Boucher and Blandisi stay in the lineup when everyone gets healthy.

Palmieri, Henrique, Cammalleri, Zajac, Stempniak, Blandisi, Kalinin, Boucher has the makings of a respectable top 9.

It won't happen. Too much trash on the NHL roster as it is and they will likely want to get both of them some extra development time.

I think if we have a shot to make a run for the playoffs, we could see them called up after the deadline to add that extra push.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'll take the win any day but 16 shots is downright awful.

That's all you need with Blimpback in there.

He had a career .888 save percentage against us before today's game.

And the only year that we've been respectable at offense since he's been in the league was the one season that he didn't play us.:laugh:

This guy is good for tanking, nothing else. But he somehow had a good stretch with Buffalo last season, when they traded him to ensure a last place finish.

He's abysmal. And if anyone thinks it's the ''teams he's played with'' fault, Buffalo was the worst team he's ever played for, yet he had a stretch of above average goaltending there. And Bishop and all TB goalies have played well for TB since he's gone, aside from Nabokov when he was absolutely finished.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
It won't happen. Too much trash on the NHL roster as it is and they will likely want to get both of them some extra development time.

I think if we have a shot to make a run for the playoffs, we could see them called up after the deadline to add that extra push.

You're probably right, but I really don't like it. From a pure fan perspective I want to see that transition from the trash to young viable players as soon as possible.

Edit:
And I think that the kids are better right now than trash we've been putting out there in the bottom 6.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hynes just called blimpback a pretty good goaltender. Hynes is such a charitable guy

Blimpback is so bad, Hynes probably isn't even aware of his abysmal .893 save percentage on the season. He probably doesn't even know that a goaltender that big can possibly even be that poor and still in the league. That Palmieri goal was beyond terrible.

.904 on his career, take away his Nashville and tenure and short stint in Buffalo, he's probably below 90% for his career.

Arizona has a good team, but they need to hope Domingue continues to play solid and that Blimpback and Smith (when he returns) stay as close to that bench as possible.

It's completely accurate to say that Blimpback and Smith are the worst goaltending tandem in the league. Though Calgary's comes pretty close too. It would be wise to waive Blimpback when Smith gets back, and keep starting Domingue.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Boucher should probably stay up, unless we don't see much from him after today.

Blandisi is a first year pro and can use more AHL time.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
You're probably right, but I really don't like it. From a pure fan perspective I want to see that transition from the trash to young viable players as soon as possible.

Edit:
And I think that the kids are better right now than trash we've been putting out there in the bottom 6.

Ruutu should be IR'd with a fake or exaggerated injury again, waived if not, whatever you have to do with him. He wasn't getting an NHL contract after this season anyway, just based on his last 2 years before this.

Kennedy should be the next one to go, if we need the room.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Ruutu should be IR'd with a fake or exaggerated injury again, waived if not, whatever you have to do with him. He wasn't getting an NHL contract after this season anyway, just based on his last 2 years before this.

Kennedy should be the next one to go, if we need the room.

I don't want to see Tootoo, Gionta, Kennedy, Ruutu, or Tlusty anymore.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Boucher needs to find a way to get himself open and make space for himself. He doesn't have the best vision and he doesn't skate well enough to create seperation on his own.

His shot is lethal....needs to figure out a way to be able to use it.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Boucher needs to find a way to get himself open and make space for himself. He doesn't have the best vision and he doesn't skate well enough to create seperation on his own.

His shot is lethal....needs to figure out a way to be able to use it.
if he had all those things he'd be Patrick Kane...I'll settle for a 20 goal scorer though :)

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
Thought we deserved to beat Colorado and we lost. Today was just a role reversal. Regardless I won't complain going 2-2 on a tough road trip.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't want to see Tootoo, Gionta, Kennedy, Ruutu, or Tlusty anymore.

We need to keep a couple of those guys for the 4th line.

I think I'd keep Gionta the most out of that bunch.:laugh:

Tootoo can stay for this season. Next year he goes.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Thought we deserved to beat Colorado and we lost. Today was just a role reversal. Regardless I won't complain going 2-2 on a tough road trip.

I thought we could have beat St Louis too, but Kinkaid was amazing for us that night.

I don't think we looked any better today than in that game.

And I know I wanted Kinkaid to play St Louis, but that was only if we absolutely had to play him one of these games at all.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
We need to keep a couple of those guys for the 4th line.

I think I'd keep Gionta the most out of that bunch.:laugh:

Tootoo can stay for this season. Next year he goes.

Why do we need them for the 4th line? Matteau-Josefson-Farnham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad