GDT: Your New Jersey Devils (9-2) @ Edmonton Oilers (3-7-1), 9 PM, NHL-N + MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Third period aside, they didn’t play well and they were still in it. Without having Palms, Mojo and Zajac in the lineup.

That’s a whole line of players who push play the other way. (I think?)

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
At some point missing 3 top 6 players is going to catch up to you, especially when you try to replace those players with really bad defensemen.
Who goes when the team is fully healthy up front? I’m pretty sure Hayes has to be a lock to go. Then i think two of Wood/Noesen/Gibbons/Coleman have to go unless they send a D down.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Third period aside, they didn’t play well and they were still in it. Without having Palms, Mojo and Zajac in the lineup.

That’s a whole line of players who push play the other way. (I think?)

They have looked gassed the past two games and kind of just floated around for much of the Zona game.

Depth is being tested right now and they desparately need Palms and MoJo back (Travis too of course).

The defense sagged back wayyyyy too much again at the blue line and let Edmonton skate in to our zone easily.
Greene especially.

Reactions: Maine Fan

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Way too many games it is said, "Cory played great except for that one goal"

It's a real pattern.

I hate saying this off the heels of that terrific performance in Vancouver but it really can't be overlooked.

Cory lets in a bad goal a game and often does it at very bad times.

The 3rd goal allowed was deflating, the turning point in the game.
Devils had a lot of momentum at that point.

But, I will not peg the loss on him, it was a well deserved team effort.

Reactions: Maine Fan

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
It’s a nice story and all but I think this team is better when Boyle is out of the lineup.

From a sheer skating perspective, I’d rather have Noesen, Gibbons or Wood in there.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Zajac coming back should be huge for games like this.

Devils have no match-up centers right now. You don't need them every game, but against teams like Edmonton, Pittsburgh, Tampa who can throw out some elite lines, it'll help us a ton when Zajac gets back and can help neutralize them.

Regardless, they battled back and were still in the game for the most part. All the players you would want to see play well (Hall, Hischier, Bratt, Zacha, Butcher, and Mueller) did so I'll take that and move on. Once we get some forwards back, we will be fine.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
^ Just so you know, MadDog....

A 1-1-1 means a Regulation Win - Regulation Loss - Overtime Loss

An Overtime win goes in as a Win in the Win Column.

I was saying going into this trip, I essentially would have been fine with 3 points. And while that's still the case, obviously I'm pulling for the win.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
It’s a nice story and all but I think this team is better when Boyle is out of the lineup.

From a sheer skating perspective, I’d rather have Noesen, Gibbons or Wood in there.

Give it time. You added Boyle 10 games into a season when he's had hardly any time to gel with his linemates. He will learn the tendencies of our bottom six guys and he's a perfect filler guy the same way Zajac is in the top six.

Reactions: tr83

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
I ain't upset the morning after. As others have stated, the Oilers were desperate for a win and it showed. With half of the top 6 missing, I won't complain too much (aside from the officiating).

When Gibbons, Hayes, and Boyle are in the top 9, it's a problem. Let's hope we are close to seeing a fully healthy lineup because this immediately becomes a 4 line team.

FooteBahl

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
Ok. Let’s get rid of our best bottom 6. Bring back JJ.
When Palms and Travis are activated at some point roster moves have to be made with guys being shifted down. It’s a pure numbers game and people need to waived/sent down. I was in no way advocating for JJ or anything crazy like that. Some hard decisions need to be made by management.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
When Palms and Travis are activated at some point roster moves have to be made with guys being shifted down. It’s a pure numbers game and people need to waived/sent down. I was in no way advocating for JJ or anything crazy like that. Some hard decisions need to be made by management.

They are only going to make that decision when they absolutely have to and/or Shero gets an offer he can't refuse from one of our players.

Injuries will always happen and it is very rare to have everyone healthy throughout the season. No need to mess with the depth we finally have.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Zajac coming back should be huge for games like this.

Devils have no match-up centers right now. You don't need them every game, but against teams like Edmonton, Pittsburgh, Tampa who can throw out some elite lines, it'll help us a ton when Zajac gets back and can help neutralize them.

Regardless, they battled back and were still in the game for the most part. All the players you would want to see play well (Hall, Hischier, Bratt, Zacha, Butcher, and Mueller) did so I'll take that and move on. Once we get some forwards back, we will be fine.

And as we continue to get pummeled in the FO circle and the PK as well as running out 3 AHL defensemen per game, they are going to be giving up at least 3 goals/gm. His 40-50 pts/season is also real nice.

I just wonder who is going to yammer on about trading him when he gets back.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
And as we continue to get pummeled in the FO circle and the PK as well as running out 3 AHL defensemen per game, they are going to be giving up at least 3 goals/gm. His 40-50 pts/season is also real nice.

No one, I hope

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey

I just want to see a Hall - Zajac - Bratt line. They could be a lethal checking line and would make our line-up very deep and balanced. Would give us a nice balance of two vets and one kid on each line.

Hall - Zajac - Bratt
Johansson - Zacha - Palmieri
Henrique - Hischier - Stafford

FooteBahl

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
I just want to see a Hall - Zajac - Bratt line. They could be a lethal checking line and would make our line-up very deep and balanced. Would give us a nice balance of two vets and one kid on each line.

Hall - Zajac - Bratt
Wood - Boyle - Gibbons as the fourth line?

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba

Hall - Zajac - Bratt

I like that top 9 a lot. Hischier could feast in that position.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010

Hall - Zajac - Bratt

Love all 3 players but I’m not sure that 1st line has a shooter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad