GDT: Your New Jersey Devils (7-2) vs. Arizona Coyotes (0-9-1), 7 PM, MSG+

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Probably Noesen and Prout are on the thinnest ice atm in terms of roster spots. Hayes and Coleman in terms of lineup spots after that.

Hall-Hischier-Palmieri
MarJo-Henrique-Bratt
Zacha-Zajac-Stafford
Wood-Boyle-Gibbons
Hayes-Coleman

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Coleman has the best possession numbers of any center on the team, he's 5th overall and the best faceoff percentage of any center on the team ...well, actually Johansson has the best FO% 62.9 but he's only taken 35 where Coleman has taken 117 for 47%. Henrique has taken 190 with 46.3%

It would be ashame if Coleman came out of the lineup.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Coleman has the best possession numbers of any center on the team, he's 5th overall and the best faceoff percentage of any center on the team ...well, actually Johansson has the best FO% 62.9 but he's only taken 35 where Coleman has taken 117 for 47%. Henrique has taken 190 with 46.3%

It would be ashame if Coleman came out of the lineup.

I'd be pretty surprised if Coleman came out of the line-up.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The best faceoff percentage of any center on the team would be a distant third in that at best with Zajac and Boyle in the lineup and it's not like 47% is that great anyway. Coleman doesn't provide enough offense to play over anyone else except maybe Wood, who's still a staff favorite.

Last edited:

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
The best faceoff percentage of any center on the team would be a distant third in that at best with Zajac and Boyle in the lineup. He doesn't provide enough offense to play over anyone else except maybe Wood, who I don't really see the staff benching for a long stretch or sending down yet.

guys are going to get injured. and who knows if Boyle will play every game once he starts. just 10 games into the season we've had zajac, johansson, palmieri, stafford, schneider all get injured. I don't think we'll have to worry about guys getting playing time -- Hynes seems pretty good about getting guys into the lineup

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Yeah, I don't know what to do with Coleman, he's been awesome, but he really needs to score. 1 goal and no assists 10 games into the season isn't good.
He's a bit snake bitten. He's tied for 4th on the team in shots with the 3rd lowest ice time on the team Unbelievably Coleman is tied with Santini in shots. Coleman also leads the team in hits by a pretty healthy margin and blocked shots by forwards. He seems to be creating a ton of chances...he really is doing everything except for putting up points.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
He's a bit snake bitten. He's tied for 4th on the team in shots with the 3rd lowest ice time on the team Unbelievably Coleman is tied with Santini in shots. Coleman also leads the team in hits by a pretty healthy margin and blocked shots by forwards. He seems to be creating a ton of chances...he really is doing everything except for putting up points.

Both of the above. Imagine what this team would be if those chances start turning into goals. :thumbu:

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Coleman has done a lot to contribute to the team other than points thus far.

Yeah, I hear you. I love what he brings to that 4th line, but we’ve had these “snake bit” bottom line guys before and it doesn’t seem to turn out well if they don’t start scoring. Hopefully he will.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Coleman isn't going anywhere. He's been very noticeable on the ice in a positive way.

Noesen and Wood might be the odd forwards out

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Coleman isn't going anywhere. He's been very noticeable on the ice in a positive way.

Noesen and Wood might be the odd forwards out

Noesen would be the guy I'd take out. Not that he's bad, but I think he just is what he is at this point. Wood still untapped potential, and Hayes, while he has warts, is still useful on the PP.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad