GDT: Your New Jersey Devils (6-2) vs. Ottawa Senators (5-1-4), 7 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
22449691_10155787573639583_4955385120691819982_n.png

Welcome back from an unnecessary week long break, but it's time for Devils hockey once again!

Bdk59A1.gif

Whoever thought a week long layoff in October was a good idea needs to get their head examined

giphy.gif

That said, our boys needed a break to heal up and get ready to continue their onslaught!

Last time we saw Ottawa:

tenor.gif

nj-devils-header2.jpg

Your New Jersey Devils

#9 Taylor Hall (A) - #13 Nico Hischier - #18 Drew Stafford
#90 Marcus Johansson (A) - #14 Adam Henrique (A) - #63 Jesper Bratt

#39 Brian Gibbons - #37 Pavel Zacha - #10 Jimmy Hayes
#44 Miles Wood - #40 Blake Coleman - #23 Stefan Noesen

#6 Andy Greene (C) - #28 Damon Severson
#2 John Moore - #16 Steven Santini
#8 Will Butcher - #12 Ben Lovejoy

#1 Keith Kinkaid
#31 Scott Wedgewood

Scratches/Injuries:

#5 Dalton Prout (Healthy)
#11 Brian Boyle (#BoyleStrong)
#21 Kyle Palmieri (A) (lower body injury, day to day)
#25 Mirco Mueller (Healthy)
#35 Cory Schneider (lower body injury, IR)

hqdefault.jpg

The Visiting Ottawa Senators

#14 Alex Burrows - #19 Derick Brassard - #61 Mark Stone (A)
#68 Mike Hoffman - #44 Jean-Gabriel Pageau - #10 Tom Pyatt
#49 Chris DiDomenico - #17 Nate Thompson - #18 Ryan Dzingel
#89 Max McCormick - #78 Filip Chlapik - #74 Mark Borowiecki

#29 Johnny Oduya - #65 Erik Karlsson (C)
#2 Dion Phaneuf (A) - #5 Cody Ceci
#33 Fredrik Claesson - #6 Chris Wideman

#41 Craig Anderson
#1 Mike Condon

Scratches/Injuries:

#7 Kyle Turris (A) (flu)
#9 Bobby Ryan (broken finger)
#15 Zack Smith (flu)
#16 Clarke MacArthur (LTIR)
#53 Jack Rodewald (healthy)
#67 Ben Harpur (healthy)

#82 Colin White (wrist)

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

LET'S GO DEVILS!!!

5rgQKJ8.gif

Last edited:

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Me waiting for the Devils to play again

Forrest-Gump-Bench-Photos.jpg

I don't like that third line at all. What is it supposed to be? A checking line? Why is Zacha on a checking line? A scoring line? Why are Hayes or Gibbons on a scoring line? Swap out Hayes for Blandisi and I think that line makes a lot more sense.

Last edited:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
When you look at Gibbons career, he's really not that bad. He doesn't have a long NHL career, but he has 27 points in 74 career games. 5 of them came this year, but he had 22 points in 66 games before this year, which isn't bad for what he is. That's a much better rate of scoring than the so called ''3rd liners'' we've had over the past several seasons. He's over-achieved this year, but maybe not as much as I previously thought. It's not like the guy doubled his career total NHL points in these 8 games.

He's also a pretty good defensive player, much better than some of the other so called reliable defensive forwards of the past several years. I'd already say he's an upgrade on about 75%-80% percent of the bottom 6 players that we've had over the past few seasons. He's better than Hayes, at least at this point in time, he is.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
It's good to see the team playing again after a week off. Ottawa us a perfect team to start with they have a least two of their scoring threats out.

Go Devils

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Interested to see if Zacha plays more assertive tonight since he’s obviously the most offensively talented on his line.

Reactions: EdisonDevil

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
this game should really be the Snowflake Edition, given yesterday's discussion.

LGD

liquid1988

Oct 14, 2013
Exit 88 GSPW
FINALLY! A thread that isnt that stupid Rick and Morty crap. God I hope they don't screw up Super Troopers 2....This week felt like an eternity so im more than ready for some damn Devils hockey! LGD! Fun Fact, our first game @ the Rock was 10 years ago against the Senators (we lost unfortunately)

Reactions: MartyOwns

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
When you look at Gibbons career, he's really not that bad. He doesn't have a long NHL career, but he has 27 points in 74 career games. 5 of them came this year, but he had 22 points in 66 games before this year, which isn't bad for what he is. That's a much better rate of scoring than the so called ''3rd liners'' we've had over the past several seasons. He's over-achieved this year, but maybe not as much as I previously thought. It's not like the guy doubled his career total NHL points in these 8 games.

He's also a pretty good defensive player, much better than some of the other so called reliable defensive forwards of the past several years. I'd already say he's an upgrade on about 75%-80% percent of the bottom 6 players that we've had over the past few seasons. He's better than Hayes, at least at this point in time, he is.
That's not saying much

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
I don't like that third line at all. What is it supposed to be? A checking line? Why is Zacha on a checking line? A scoring line? Why are Hayes or Gibbons on a scoring line? Swap out Hayes for Blandisi and I think that line makes a lot more sense.

Yea, it has seemed like this all year, 1st and 2nd lines, great, 4th line great, 3rd line..... leftovers...

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
It's good to see the team playing again after a week off. Ottawa us a perfect team to start with they have a least two of their scoring threats out.

Go Devils
Do not sell them low. Sens are a very well coached team and they still look solid. They bitchslapped the Flyers last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->