GDT: YOUR NEW JERSEEEYYYYY DEVILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLS @ New York Islanders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oroku Saki*

Greene and Larsson weren't anything impressive either. Greene got coned a couple times. Hopefully they all get their **** together again.

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY
Still baffled by how you can implode like that on the penalty kill. But I guess they deserved it after they couldn't pot 1 or 2 in the first.

But damn 3 goals in 2 mins and its over. ****ing idiots.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
The penalty kill suffers whenever they're forced to break normal pairings consistently.

It's an aggressive kill with the trademark 'swarm' mentality and it requires a lot of chemistry between the 4 guys on the ice.

It blew to hell when Zajac came back in the playoffs and the pairings were off.
It blew to hell when Zubrus went down and the pairings were off.

The forward pairing Elias-Henrique was a mess, in regards to positioning, against the Canes.

I don't foresee this as a problem for too long, once the PK pairs start reading each other better.

apice3*

We're 3-2-3 with Tallinder in the lineup.

We're 6-1-0 with Tallinder out of the lineup.

We're 0-2-1 with Fayne out of the lineup, giving up 5 goals in each game.

We're 9-1-2 with Fayne in the lineup.

It's amazing how different a team is with two very good pairings (Greene/Larsson, Fayne/Salvador), as opposed to just one when Fayne is out.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

It's amazing how different a team is with two very good pairings (Greene/Larsson, Fayne/Salvador), as opposed to just one when Fayne is out.

And that is the rub right there, you could go further that most of those loses were with Larsson and Fayne out.

The PK looked its worst in the games Fayne was out (both Islanders game, was ok the one game against the Pens). It is connected in my opinion, and it equal parts Tally sucking and Fayne being important to this team's D. Also the better d-pairings. Sal and Volch are usually ok when paired correctly.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
Regardless, this revolving door on our dpairings has got to stop at some point. It's not going to do anybody any good. Somebody has to go, otherwise the d is going to be consistently shaky.

I'm confident enough in Harrold to step in for necessary depth/injury issues.

Oroku Saki*

Lou is going to be careful with Tallinder. Players get word and think differently of your organization if he's not getting a fair shake. Only thing I can think of as to why he's in over Fayne right now.

aboriginal

lou ****ing sucks
Mar 10, 2006
LV-426

tweet that to the devils. it wont matter. but then again...

Nick0930

Mar 16, 2011
Quebec

Yeah, but...Tallinder's Corsi.:sarcasm:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
One easy way to fix the PK without practicing or changing strategy? Tallinder Get Tallinder the **** off of it.

Tallinder shouldn't be on the PK unless we're killing off a major, or a double minor and we gotta keep putting guys out cause there's not a lot of whistles.

Tallinder should never start on a PK AGAIN! If you have the stomach watch the 5 minute major against the Kings. Conerik lost his man on the PK then too. That was different cause you gotta use everybody on a long kill like that. Tallinder was as bad as Foster last night, or even as bad as Volch in the Florida series. Much worse than Volch has been this year at all. I don't give a **** about CORSI. I know what my eyes see, and they've seen a lot of scary things since he's been in our team.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
One easy way to fix the PK without practicing or changing strategy? Tallinder Get Tallinder the **** off of it.

Tallinder shouldn't be on the PK unless we're killing off a major, or a double minor and we gotta keep putting guys out cause there's not a lot of whistles.

Tallinder should never start on a PK AGAIN! If you have the stomach watch the 5 minute major against the Kings. Conerik lost his man on the PK then too. That was different cause you gotta use everybody on a long kill like that. Tallinder was as bad as Foster last night, or even as bad as Volch in the Florida series. Much worse than Volch has been this year at all. I don't give a **** about CORSI. I know what my eyes see, and they've seen a lot of scary things since he's been in our team.

Or you know we could put his ass back in the press box and let him eat popcorn. If Fayne is healthy and sits tomorrow I don't know what they could be thinking.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Or you know we could put his ass back in the press box and let him eat popcorn. If Fayne is healthy and sits tomorrow I don't know what they could be thinking.

Good old Conerik Tallinder

It had to be obvious to everybody that Tallinder was a pile of suck last night. I would rather roll 7 D, and scratch Barch if we MUST play Conerik tomorrow. Pete, and Stevens on the bench, Lou upstairs, and Fayne all had to have taken note.

If I see him going out on a PK again I'm gonna pencil us in for a goal against before the puck even drops for the PK faceoff. He has always been **** on the PK.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Lou is going to be careful with Tallinder. Players get word and think differently of your organization if he's not getting a fair shake. Only thing I can think of as to why he's in over Fayne right now.

He's getting a fair shake. The team is clearly better when he doesn't play.

They can't be trying to showcase him, because in that case he's lowering his value with each game.

He wrote badly about you guys? Such as?

Every week, without fail, he would write an article in the Post about the Devils being broke. And as much as you can read a tone into a newspaper article, he sounded gleeful.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
@SunGarrioch: Ben Bishop will start in the net tomorrow. No decision on Peter Regin. #Sens

Bishop?

Aliens_05_bishop.jpg

Great. He hardly ever misses.

Nick0930

Mar 16, 2011
Quebec
Teams have figured out that the key to possibly beating the Devils is having a huge goalie or one with oversized pads. Or both.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Tallinder should help himself first and foremost. Lou shouldn't worry about a player who can't crack our squad and I doubt he gives a rats ass about what the rest of league says about Hank "not getting a fair shake", wich is complete BS IMO.

Players make their way into the lineup and if a certain player expects to get a free pass from our coaching staff or the Gm, then he's not in the proper organisation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad