Your most Underrated Prospects Not yet In the NHl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starsdude

Jul 7, 2002
Visit site
I have noticed that many of the players who are ignored on these boards end up being pretty good pros. For the stars both Miet and Jokinin recieved little fanfare. For the stars currently I would look at
1) Loui Erikkson-some fanfare when taken but last year had a tough year developmentally as many NHLers took up his palying time in the SEL. Slow start in America but coming on of late. Still has top 6 potential. Still only 20.
2) Marius Holtet-Has transformed from a floater to a solid 2 way player in 2 years . Only 22, Marius has some skill and seems like he has achance to be a lower line center. To me he is ahead of Hagos who arrived in NA as a guy with NHL caliber defense.
3)Grossman) Another Swede, Grossman suprising was brought over ahead of Fransson. Now seems to be the most solid defenseman in Iowa's young d-corps ahead of Belle

Also progressing nicely:Neal, Lindgren, Wandell

O.T.

Mar 9, 2002
City of Champions
Visit site
I'd say for the Oilers that Matt Greene (even though he's up now), and J.F. Jacques are two prospects that don't get to much talk on this board. Both are big strong kids, Greene will one day be a bigger stronger type of Jason Smith IMO. While Jacques kind of reminds me of a harder working Brad Isbister (when Isbister first came into the league).

I'm definatly excited to watch Greene develop here in Edmonton, I watched him a few years ago in an Oilers prospect camp. He had a bad ankle and did'nt play all the games, but when he got out there you could'nt tell that he was playing hurt. He also plays mean, which is always good for a guy that is around 6'3" and 223lbs. I don't even think we've seen the tip of the ice berg on this guy, while he will never put up points he will IMO definatly be an integral part of any future success the Oilers have.

Last edited:

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Kaigorodov for the Sens.
Russian fans who watch him play regularly have compared him to Larionov.

sounds good to me!

OilerOlli*

Thomas Greiss.
Beside some San Jose fans, there are not many people here who knows anything about that Prospect. But I have high hopes on him and think that he will be a NHL-Goalie, and in longterm a starting Goalie.
All I saw from him until now was really great for an 19 year old Goaltender. Probably the best german prospect right now.

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
As a leafs fan with most of our top prospects are in the NHL (Steen, Wellwood, Carlo, Kronwall) and Rask and Pogge are getting lots of talk after the WJ's. the only guys are Williams (having a very good sophmore AHL season prior to an injury, after a rookie season where he steadily improved) and Vorobiev (named a tournament allstar at last years world juniors and playing a large role in the RSL the last couple years).

Although I would say both are more overlooked than underrated since neither are high end prospects.

HuskyFlames

Jan 12, 2004
For the Flames it would have to be Dustin Boyd. He can score, pass and has shown he can play a strong defensive game. Hopefully after the last WJ tourny he gets a bit more respect now.

CarlRacki

Feb 9, 2004
For the Flyers I'd say Ryan Potulny. Though, with the year he's having at Minnesota, he may not be underrated for long (if at all).

jb**

Tjardus Greidanus said:
Most overlooked prospect in the league. With the guys in front of him, hard to figure out... :sarcasm:

He is going to be a stud.
Don't think he is overlooked at all. He is their top ranked d prospect(not counting Whitney) and was a 2nd pick. Not over looked or underrated, right where he should be.

clay

Aug 25, 2005
Vancouver
For the Canucks:

Luc Bourdon is always harrased about his defensive play, when the guy is always the one making the big hits and playing with the most grit and determination on the ice.

Jannick Hansen also gets overlooked quite a bit. The guy has blazing speed and loads of potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad