Your ideal Stanley Cup Playoffs

hockeyfanz*

Going by that logic, the trades/proposals forum shouldn't even exist since most of them are outlandish and wouldn't happen. Not to mention they serve as fuel for fanbases to engage in flaming wars.

Yup trade proposals are just as stupid. Really really stupid. Its like fantasizing about stuff that will never happen. Whats the point? Why not discuss reality. Whats going on for realz with the Leafs and other teams.

Whats the point of putting together a stupid trade like we've seen on these forums a whole lot of times? I don't understand. Given that fanbases are never ever realistic about the quality of players that they are trading. Hilarious.

Did anybody see Creszenzi for Kozun deal coming ? (or whatever their names are)? Or how about Gleason for Liles? Did someone propose that one? No..because thats reality. Listen to GMs including Nonis....the all say the same thing. Its not easy to make a trade in the Capworld.

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
Yup trade proposals are just as stupid. Really really stupid. Its like fantasizing about stuff that will never happen. Whats the point? Why not discuss reality. Whats going on for realz with the Leafs and other teams.

Whats the point of putting together a stupid trade like we've seen on these forums a whole lot of times? I don't understand. Given that fanbases are never ever realistic about the quality of players that they are trading. Hilarious.

Did anybody see Creszenzi for Kozun deal coming ? (or whatever their names are)? Or how about Gleason for Liles? Did someone propose that one? No..because thats reality. Listen to GMs including Nonis....the all say the same thing. Its not easy to make a trade in the Capworld.

I'd assume you're posting the same nonsense in the 'Kessel's Future' thread, or any other of the number of 'we must get rid of so an so immediately threads'?

This is a message board, a good 90 percent of the posts are based in fantasy.
Some posters even comment on teams without even watching the games....

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB

Do you only fantasize about things that happen? Because that's seriously the least imaginative mind in human history if so.

Guy: Hey man, what are you day-dreaming about?
HF: Going to work and doing my job then going home, cooking dinner, taking a poop and going to bed.
Guy: Isn't that, just... you know, what you're actually doing?
HF: A man can dream... a man can dream...
Guy: Dude WTF... seek help!

hockeyfanz*

Do you only fantasize about things that happen? Because that's seriously the least imaginative mind in human history if so.

Guy: Hey man, what are you day-dreaming about?
HF: Going to work and doing my job then going home, cooking dinner, taking a poop and going to bed.
Guy: Isn't that, just... you know, what you're actually doing?
HF: A man can dream... a man can dream...
Guy: Dude WTF... seek help!

You guys need a hobby. I fantasize all the time..about being independently wealthy..about having sex with hot women that wouldn't look twice at me..about having a dream job in a dream location....tons of stuff. Do I go onto forums and post them and then argue with others that my fantasy is greater than theirs? No because that is Pejorative Slured, its just fantasy.

hockeyfanz*

I'd assume you're posting the same nonsense in the 'Kessel's Future' thread, or any other of the number of 'we must get rid of so an so immediately threads'?

This is a message board, a good 90 percent of the posts are based in fantasy.
Some posters even comment on teams without even watching the games....

No...I did not post in the Kessel thread. I dont know why you think I did. What does it say? Maybe we could trade Kessel and Bozak for Toews and Kane? And then responses by intelligent Leafs fans saying..I wouldnt do that deal in a million years unless the Hawks threw in Keith? :laugh:

TheThrill81*

You guys need a hobby. I fantasize all the time..about being independently wealthy..about having sex with hot women that wouldn't look twice at me..about having a dream job in a dream location....tons of stuff. Do I go onto forums and post them and then argue with others that my fantasy is greater than theirs? No because that is Pejorative Slured, its just fantasy.

So then you understand the point of this thread isn't to assert the notion that the Leafs will win the Stanley Cup? Because if you do, then your objections earlier look even more silly.

hockeyfanz*

So then you understand the point of this thread isn't to assert the notion that the Leafs will win the Stanley Cup? Because if you do, then your objections earlier look even more silly.

Of course I WANT the Leafs to win the SC. I have been waiting 4 decades for it. But which teams they play...how many games it takes...who the MVP would be...all that crap is nonsense. I mean once you see the matchups..then make your predicitions. If the Leafs make the Cup final..start talking MVP...\

How bout the Leafs and the Nation focuses on making the playoffs eh? The team hasn't won a playoff round since 2004 and now we are fantasizing aloud about winning the Cup? Lunacy.

I might as well start a thread on which Leafs will win hardware this year. Lets see...If Kessel gets on fire and Crosby and OV get hurt..he can win both the Rocket Richard and Art Ross. If Bernier post 12 shutouts by the years end....Vezina. If Reilly pots 50 points...Calder. etc. etc. etc.

The Apologist

Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
No...I did not post in the Kessel thread. I dont know why you think I did. What does it say? Maybe we could trade Kessel and Bozak for Toews and Kane? And then responses by intelligent Leafs fans saying..I wouldnt do that deal in a million years unless the Hawks threw in Keith? :laugh:

So what about the other 90% of the posts based on nothing but opinion on here? Or are you saying that everything you write is the complete and undeniable truth all the time?

TheThrill81*

Of course I WANT the Leafs to win the SC. I have been waiting 4 decades for it. But which teams they play...how many games it takes...who the MVP would be...all that crap is nonsense. I mean once you see the matchups..then make your predicitions. If the Leafs make the Cup final..start talking MVP...\

How bout the Leafs and the Nation focuses on making the playoffs eh? The team hasn't won a playoff round since 2004 and now we are fantasizing aloud about winning the Cup? Lunacy.

I might as well start a thread on which Leafs will win hardware this year. Lets see...If Kessel gets on fire and Crosby and OV get hurt..he can win both the Rocket Richard and Art Ross. If Bernier post 12 shutouts by the years end....Vezina. If Reilly pots 50 points...Calder. etc. etc. etc.

Ok, so you are still completely missing the point of this thread. No sense in debating this matter with you any further.

The Apologist

Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell

Way to not respond at all.

Gotta tell ya, I'll take fantasies over paragraphs of nonsense and holier than thou any day.

My goodness some people must be fun in movie theatres eh?
'What is this nonsense? Why are you watching a movie about a wizard? Wizards aren't real man....'

ConnorTO

Jul 20, 2010
Toronto
people seem to not understand

this is a FANTASY THREAD, DURP
if you dont like it, LEAVE BUDDY
the DOOR IS THERE !

TheThrill81*

people seem to not understand

this is a FANTASY THREAD, DURP
if you dont like it, LEAVE BUDDY
the DOOR IS THERE !

Wait, let me post a picture of a door. I don't want hockeyfanz to complain that the door is just a fantasy.

fiber_door.jpg

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
For this year - say, if the Leafs finish ranked 3rd in the conference:

My absolute dream match-ups and result . . . which will obviously never happen, but, that's why it's a dream!

RD 1
We play the Habs, and sweep them - the fourth game, we beat Montreal 8-0 in their own building. There are scattered riots in Montreal afterward.

RD 2
We are matched up against the 5th seeded Sens (after the Wings upset the top-seeded Pens). We win our first two at home against Ottawa, both very close games decided in overtime. Ottawa wins the first game in their barn 6-4 and in the fourth game, they are up 3-0 with 5 minutes to go. The Leafs roar back to tie it, and Kessel gets the hattrick in OT. Ottawa fans cry in their beer all the way until the 5th game, when the Leafs humiliate the Sens 7-1 . . . and then we never hear a Sens fan talk back to a Leaf fan again. Ever.

Rd 3 - Conference Finals
Boston beat up on Detroit, and meet the Leafs - they've rolled over their opponents like the Leafs have, so it's still the Bruins heavily favoured. The series is extremely close, with Kessel continuing to light it up along the way, and it goes to a game 7, in Boston. The Bruins go up 3-0, then 4-1, and Kessel is a non-factor, getting crushed by Chara to the point of leaving for the dressing room, then later returning, hobbled. Then, in the last ten minutes, the Leafs tie it up, with the help of Kessel's two goals, the second tying goal in the final 15 seconds on a beauty dangle, where Rask pulls a groin. In OT, the Bruins get a delayed power play, right after Kessel gives up the puck. From the boards, Chara attempts to make a hard pass to his teammate, but instead misses him, and it slides just barely over the goal line at the other end, where their goalie has left the net for the extra attacker. Kessel gets credit for the OT, hattrick winner, on Chara's mistake. Boston riots, the city burns. Vancouver writers go nuts.

Stanley Cup Finals
Toronto vs. the Canucks.
It's a homer series, with each team winning in overtime in their barn. Leafs have home ice, so game 7 is at the ACC. Leafs go up 3-2, but midway through the 3rd period, the Sedins put the Canucks up 4-3. The pace is fast, furious, and super-intense, and the crowd is hushed at this point. The Leafs are then called on a phantom Kesler penalty that he draws with a spectacular dive, and the crowd goes nuts. On the ensuing power play, with about 2 minutes to go, the Leafs get a good chance, but after a great save, have a three-on-one against them. Kesler, Henrik and Daniel play tic-tac-toe with beautiful passes and the hapless Gunarsson is left on the ground, and Bernier has been dangled, with Kesler about to tap in the pass back to him. He flashes a smile and hesitates a second before a wide open cage, then gets absolutely SMOKED by Dion Phaneuf who was racing back to help, the cleanest, hardest check anyone has seen in decades. While the Sedins start complaining to the ref, no call is made, and the Leafs make a rush to the Vancouver end. A scramble ensues, the puck goes to the point, and Phaneuf rips a shot so hard in the top corner that it comes out the back of the net. ACC erupts, place goes wild. Play continues with teams tied, and with the seconds winding down before overtime, Kadri on a lone man rush dekes out one, two, three guys, then as one of them is hauling him down in front of Luongo, he slides one through the five-hole with a flick of his wrist. Takes 5minutes to finish off the last 2 seconds on the clock, before Toronto erupts in an orgasmic celebration not seen since . . . well, ever.

City closed down for a month.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Here are my ideal Stanley Cup playoffs:

Round 1: Toronto defeats Boston Bruins in 7 games

Toronto redeems themselves for last year's game 7 collapse. They exorcise the Bruins demons once and for all. Phil Kessel scores 4 goals and 4 assists in the series.

Round 2: Toronto defeats Montreal Canadiens in 5 games

Toronto with home ice advantage. Toronto wins the first three games. Game three ends with epic fights. Gallagher vs Kadri. Phaneuf vs. Subban. Lupul vs Moen. McLaren vs Gorges. Orr vs Bourque. Gleason vs Prust. Montreal is absolutely bloodied. Toronto loses game four in Montreal, and the Gazette's front page headline says "Espoir". In game 5, Gallagher then gets a 2-minute minor in overtime for embellishment, and Kadri ends up scoring the overtime winner in the ensuing power play to advance the Leafs to the conference finals for the first time since 2002.

Round 3: Toronto defeats Pittsburgh Penguins in 4 games

Phaneuf shuts down Crosby. Phaneuf finishes the series with 29 minutes of ice time per game on average and a +2 rating . Crosby finishes the series with 1 goal, 1 assist, and a -3. Fleury implodes again in the playoffs and has a 3.87 GAA while Bernier shuts the door and records three shutouts in this 4-game sweep.

Round 4: Toronto defeats Vancouver Canucks in 7 games

Vancouver with home ice advantage. Vancouver wins the first three games of the series and Team 1040 radio starts planning the Cup parade around the Rocky Mountains. Then Toronto wins game 4 in overtime. Leafs fans go crazy. Vancouver bloggers say "Don't worry, we got this."

Then Toronto wins game 5 in overtime again at the Rogers Centre. The Vancouver fans in the arena let out a collective gasp. They don't want to admit it, but they are feeling the heat. Team 1040 hand waves the issue and says they just need to double shift the Sedin line with another winger in order to secure a game 6 victory.

Game six is in Toronto. In game 6, the game is tied 1-1, and Henrik Sedin is all alone on a breakaway with 1 minute left in the third period. Bernier pulls a Tim Thomas and launches out of his crease and concusses Henrik Sedin with a clean shoulder check. Phaneuf retrieves the puck and makes a cross-ice pass to send Clarkson on a breakaway. Clarkson pulls off the Peter Forsberg inside-outside dangle and scores. Vancouver pulls their goalie and Bernier scores an empty netter. Gardiner Expressway traffic slows to a crawl - it takes 4+ hours for people to get home.

In game 7, in Vancouver, the Leafs go up 5-0 quickly in the first period and chase Luongo out of the net. Leafs throw out goon line and McClement line for the rest of the game, because Carlyle has class and won't run up the score. Even though the game is in Vancouver, half the arena is filled with Leafs fans, so you can audibly hear the crowd count down from 10, 9, 8, .... 3, 2, 1 and then the ending buzzer sounds.

Kessel wins the Conn Smythe.

16 Leaf wins would work for me.

tmlfan98

No More Excuses #MarnerOut
Aug 13, 2012
Hockey's Mecca
Round 1: Toronto Defeats Ottawa in 4 games: A repeat of that beautiful series in 2001.

Round 2: Toronto Defeats Montreal in 7: Toronto's first playoff meeting with the Habs since 1979 and it's an exciting one, but Toronto ends up taking it in game 7.

Round 3: Toronto Defeats Boston in 7: Before the Stanley Cup Finals the Leafs must pass one more test: beat the Boston Bruins, the team that took us out in a heartbreaking game 7 a year ago. This series goes to game 7 again but this time the Leafs don't collapse in the final 10 mins.

Round 4: Toronto Defeats St. Louis in 6: The two teams with the longest current stanley cup droughts meet each other in the final round. It's another exciting series and Toronto takes the series and cup in a game 6 at the ACC where Lupul scores the cup winner on a breakaway in OT and everyone in attendance goes berserk.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
Round 1: Leafs defeat Canucks in 4 games
Round 2: Leafs defeat Oilers in 4 games
Round 3: Leafs defeat Jets in 4 games
Round 4: Leafs defeat Bruins in 4 games

Dave Bolland scores the cup winning goal and the Leafs go to Fairview mall to celebrate after the game

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Round one: Leafs vs Sens - Ottawa wins the first two games. Leafs dominate thereafter and win 4 straight.

Round two: Leafs vs Bruins - Leafs go down 4-1 in game 7 only to come back and win in OT.

Round three: Leafs vs Habs - Reimer or Bernier only allow a combined 3 goals during the series. Riots erupt in Montreal.

SCF: Leafs (w/ home advantage) vs Vancouver or a big market US team like the Kings.
- Leafs go down 3-0 in the series but come roaring back. Score dramatic OT winner in game 7 in Toronto. Game 7 becomes the highest rated game in the history of the NHL.

Sonofamitch

Aug 2, 2013
Vaughan,ON
Ottawa first round sweep just for *****
Montreal in a 7 game classic
Boston in a revenge driven win in 6 games
Vancouver in the finals in 7 games, Kadri OT cup winning goal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad