• Muzzin/Holl, Sandin/Dermott

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Muzzin/Dermott, Sandin/Holl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
My logic behind targeting both players is getting a guy to introduce and acclimate both Sandin and Liljegren to tougher matchups.

Muzzin can't play the right so he can't play with Sandin and having a $5.6M player on the 3rd pair is a luxury they can't afford.

ah I get it.

still, though, $8.5m on guys who might not even be in your top-4 is pretty steep.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Our third pair has been better without him. I like the guy but we needed to get the kids in the lineup and they've been great so far.
Bogo was substandard defensively and offensively. He could lay out a hit but he slowed the game down way too much

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
I know this subject has been exhausted but I would love if the Leafs could trade for Josh Manson. He is literally the perfect acquisition for this team. Defensively responsible, can skate, throw a hit, make a pass, and jump into the play offensively. Think a bigger, stronger version of Dermott that can actually do something useful in the offensive zone, and is proven against the league's best
Manson has the edge offensively but is a downgrade defensively to Dermott.

Griffin76

May 17, 2014
Nova Scotia
What I want to see next season from the leafs:

Morgan Rielly ($7.5M) - TJ Brodie ($5M)
Rasmus Sandin ($3.5M max) - Josh Manson ($5.5M)
Mark Giordano ($3M) - Timothy Liljegren ($1.5 max)

They'd have to trade Muzzin, Holl, Dermott, Ritchie and probably two of Kerfoot/Kase/Mrazek to make this happen along with a Campbell extension.

Do we really think Sandin is going to get more than double what Liljegren gets?

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Do we really think Sandin is going to get more than double what Liljegren gets?

Yes, I think Sanheim is the contract comparable to Sandin. While Liljegren probably gets something close to the Dermott treatment.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
If I hear one more person talk about acquiring Josh Manson I'm going to lose my shit. Just play Brodie, Dermott and Liljegren on the right side. That is more than good enough.

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
I'm enjoying the Sandin/Liljegren pairing, but I'd like to see if Lily can up his game with Muzz. In a perfect world I'd argue for a Sandin/pick your solid RH Dman as our 2nd pair, and Muzz/Lily as our 3rd pair as I believe Muzz has lost a bit this year and would be more capable with fewer minutes, while still lending TL valuable mentorship experiences...the same to be said with Sandin and a better partner than either Holl or Dermott can offer.

Regardless, over the course of any given game the last month, the team's pairings have performed admirably. I like the fact that Keefe is rotating players in and out, heightening internal competition, while apparently not defeating the two youngsters mind sets.

Michael HOMERUNing

Feb 24, 2019
If I hear one more person talk about acquiring Josh Manson I'm going to lose my shit. Just play Brodie, Dermott and Liljegren on the right side. That is more than good enough.
The reason I suggested Manson is management obviously has no confidence in Dermott playing in the top 4. I have no problem playing Dermott on the second pairing but it’s unrealistic to expect that at this point. They are in love with Holl and will play him no matter how bad he performs

I have been a big supporter of Dermott. I think he’s underrated around here

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
The reason I suggested Manson is management obviously has no confidence in Dermott playing in the top 4. I have no problem playing Dermott on the second pairing but it’s unrealistic to expect that at this point. They are in love with Holl and will play him no matter how bad he performs

Dermott does not deserve top 4 minutes based on his performance.

Holl is in the Top 4 for a reason. He was excellent tonight and vs San Jose. Dermott can not replace Holl in the Top 4. Holl's reach is a pain in the ass for attacking forwards and lately he isnt playing soft down low.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Yeah Dermott played really well last night, although it wasn't the toughest of tests.
Holl still looks like the weak link, it was disappointing to see Lillijren scratched again.

Reactions: Griffin76

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Screenshot_20211202-111903_Sheets.jpg

Muzzin-Holl continue to bounce back from their slow start and are back to holding their own against the toughest matchups.

The only pairing that hasn't worked at all was the Rielly-Dermott pairing, which is a risk whenever you move a guy on the bottom pairing up into the top 4, even if he looks great down there.

Sweet Leaf

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
"Other"

Brodie and Muzzin should play together as our shut down pair playing 25 minutes a night.

Put Reilly against better match ups so he can open up his offence. This is what Babcock did and it resulted in Reilly's best year.

Reactions: ACC1224

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad