Your favourite Stanley Cup playoffs

grentthealien

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
I haven’t seen this posted in a while so I’m going to post it myself. From all your years of watching Postseason hockey try to describe using the list below which Stanley Cup Playoffs stands out to you as the best of them all.

1. Your Favourite Postseason and the year it was in
2. Your favourite series in that Postseason
3. Your favourite moment from that Postseason

Whaleafs

“The Leafs are mulch again”
Mar 24, 2017
HFX
1. 02-03
2. Mighty Ducks - Red Wings
3. Giguere Conn Smythe / Kariya goal after Stevens hit

Last edited:

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
Oh boy, do you have time for a long list? Granted my favourite moment from my favourite postseason isn't necessarily my favourite playoff memory but I can honestly say 1993 is my favourite playoff year. The best series was between Toronto and Detroit and my favourite moment that series was the overtime winner in Game 7. One of the most naturally excitable calls I think I ever heard an announcer do (Bob Cole). It was just one of those goals that finally made Leaf fans feel good again and it had been a long time.

1993 overall had a ton of good storylines and even though I wish Mario and the Pens had beaten the Isles there were still good sub plots.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Yes, this would be a long list... Chicago in 61 after so long a drought, Toronto in 62, 63, 64 & 67.... Boston in 70 & 72, the Canadiens winning in 71 and the Flyers in 1974... that latter final vs Boston with Philly unexpectedly & shockingly prevailing, first ever Expansion Team Win, the city going absolutely nuts was truly something else entirely. Then when they followed it up the next year, 1975, underscored the fact that it wasnt a fluke, wasnt a mistake... Montreal in 76 of course... The Islanders in 1980.... 84 Oilers...

Flamer12

Feb 11, 2013
Canada
Favourite postseason was 2004.
Fav series was Flames vs Canucks.
2 Favourite moments from that postseason were Marty Gelinas OT winner vs Canucks and Steve Montador's OT winner in game 1 vs Sharks.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
This is where everyone will declare the team they cheer for on a nightly basis and declare their favorite playoff run involving them.

A better question would be your favorite playoff. Excluding your team and whatever they accomplished.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg

-Homer pick for the Leafs-Sens and Leafs-Isles series
-Avs-Wings conference finals was pretty awesome.
-Vancouver vs Detroit in round 1 was fun as well. Was thinking Vancouver would pull off one of the biggest upsets ever when they won that.

quoipourquoi

Goaltender
Jan 26, 2009
Hockeytown, MI
My first instinct was 1994, because the first, third, and final rounds were full of great stories, but I can't really remember anything too significant from Round 2 other than Leetch being great.

2009 is another good one, only that time, it was a so-so Round 3.

Probably have better luck in looking towards the two-round era, because there's probably a few years where every series was exciting. Or maybe 1975 from the three-round era.

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
My favorite was probably 1988, when I was 12. Everyone expected Calgary to take down Edmonton, and the Oilers swept them out, eventually going 16-2 in the playoffs.

In more recent years, I quite enjoyed the 2008 and 2009 playoffs, especially the Det.-Pitt. Finals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad