Your Favourite "New" Player?

stoll_16

Jul 13, 2006
Jonathan Toews
Kris Russell
Darren Helm
Carey Price

I thought Carey Price was ridiculously over-rated before this tourney and boy was i wrong. What a cool cat. Habs fans, he is a stud!

CH Wizard

Patrick Kane...I really love his style and I'd jump everywhere if the habs trade up to get him.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
For me

Hjalmarsson

I've been impressive with his strength, toughness and mean streak. He reminds me of a Danny Markov type defenseman.

Jawsh

Jan 2, 2007
I saw Irving earlier this year in a WHL game. I was very impressed. He made 38 saves or something like that for a shutout, and good third of those were very impressive saves.

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
Did Van Riemsdyk play at all? I was anxious to see him before he comes up to play for us at UNH next year. I saw him play in our exhibition game against the U-18 team back in October and he was impressive.

He played against Slovakia at least. Not much, but still played. He seemed really eager, he even took a stupid penalty after serving a team penalty purely because he was so full of energy and probably wanted to show his coach that he should play more.

He scored a goal in that game as well if I remember correctly.

Phenomenon

Jun 10, 2006
Oskar Osala. Never saw him play before. Impressed the **** out of me.

Same here. A true power forward with a great shot and soft hands - when was the last time Finland has had this kind of player growing up? Overhyped Joensuu was from a different planet compared to him.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
That Artem Annisimov are dooing a helluva job for Russia. Cherepanov have been lethal for Russia on the PP, extremely good there.

But 5 on 5 Anisimovs line is the best for Russia, and Artem is dooing a helluva job defensivly, in the transition game and chipping in some offense.

I wouldn't compare him with Towes, but in terms of how valueble he are for Russia he is right up there. Defenitly the backbone for that team!

Petey21

Dec 19, 2003
Sweden
www.geocities.com
Never seen the Canadian guys before, so Jonathan Toews and Carey Price for me. Of the Swedes I'd say Linus Omark (although I have seen him play, just didn't pay much attention to him before) and Daniel Rahimi. The new young Russian guy Alexei Cherepanov also impressed me, especially considering his age.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Sorry for making it only Canadian choices...:p: (I paid lots of attention to TEam CAnada players).

So besides the obvious Carey Price and Toews who are my new Canadian "heroes"...(loved these two, I've seen 'em before but this is the first time I've seen a lot of 'em, and loved every minute of it:):amazed:.

I've discovered...HELM (speed demon should be darn good for Detroit) and CLICHE (loved his strong defensive plays). Besides Canadian players, I've noticed the USA goalie (Frazee) 'cause of some good saves against Canada...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad