Your Favourite "New" Player?

lilooet*

Of course, I don't mean new, I mean who's the player you have really seen for the first time and has caught your eye?

For me it's been Rahimi. He's just the type of player the skilled Swedes need in the future. Mind you, I haven't seen any of the Pool B games.

petrklima85

Apr 13, 2006
HAMILTON, ONTARIO
Jonathan Toews.

I saw him at last years WJC and thought he was a good shut down player, but I was intrigued as to why he was taken ahead of kessel and Backstrom in the 06 draft. But now I am a believer, he IS the total package.

I hope from the USA standpoint, that he does well in his first month with Chicago next year and the Hawks don't release him to the Juniors for 07/08.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
While I've seen a fair amount of him, I have a new appreciation for Jack Skille. He didn't put up a ton of points, but you can see why he'll be such an effective pro. Outstanding speed and a definate nose for the net.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Kane! Kane!! Bah gawd, through hellfire and brimstone, here comes Kane!!

What"s he doing with that puck?!

No!! NO!! That"s not right! Somebody stop him! You just don't do that to a man!! That sick S.O.B.!!

Last edited:

Kaktus*

EJ, Kane, Cherepanov, Bumagin, Makarov, Osala (looked very very impressive), Lehtonen. USA and Canada goalies.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Cherepanov in one post-celebratory game's worth of viewing. But also Darren Helm, although I saw him once before on TV and drafted him in my FHL after seeing him, I have to say it's a pick that I'm even happier with now that I've seen him a bunch more times to be sure.

Jaysfanatic*

Jack Skille
Jonathon Toews
Alexander Sundstrom
Cherepanov
that young German goalie, the 17 year old

they all really stand out to me.

fullmetalninja

Jan 11, 2003
Chicago
Toews
Skille
Makarov
Hjalmarsson (spelling is wrong, I apologize but am being lazy right now)

It doesn't suck to be a blackhawks fan right now...

-fullmetalninja

ToewsFan19*

Toews has a very bright future and will become one of the best two way player in the NHL

zoomba

May 11, 2006
Unionville, ON
Helm for Canada, Omark for Sweden, Mueller for US (I seen him before but I thought he raised his game a bit higher here)

I have only seen Russia play against Sweden thus far but that Cherepanov kid looks to be a real player. I will definitely watych him closely int he final.

MassiveHabs

Jan 10, 2005
Dartmouth, NS
for me its gotta be price. I mean I knew him, but I was not happy when gainey drafted him, but now after seeing him play, and his coolness Im excited to see him play more

BigBadBread

Shi Shi Shawww
Dec 4, 2006
Peter Mueller.......he just seems to be a great player to have with the puck ad is deadly on the PP. He keeps so many chances alive in the offensive zone for the US.

Darius Dangleaitis

Padowan Kovalchuk
Jul 31, 2006
Morristown, NJ
Toews showed exactly why he was the #3 pick. I was expecting him to be a good #2 center pivot in the NHL but he truely is the real deal. Can't wait to see him with Havlat.

Cherapanov looked good from what I saw, though I doubt he'll end up in the Ovechkin-Malkin-Kovalchuk class.

I knew Kane was good cause he obviously shattered countless records with the U-18 team. He's special when you see him play though.

EJ impresses as usual, and it was good to see Frazee come around from a Devils fan's perspective.

Would've liked to have seen Bergfors do a little more, but I'm glad Sundstrom had a good tourny.

Did Van Riemsdyk play at all? I was anxious to see him before he comes up to play for us at UNH next year. I saw him play in our exhibition game against the U-18 team back in October and he was impressive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->