Your favorite Royal Rumble Moment

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
I hated how Austin and McMahon in 1999 and Reigns in 2015 were gone for so much of the match and got back in. Like why wouldn't other guys do the same thing?

My favourite moments:

Hogan and Warrior alone in 1990 but the criss cross thing was stupid.

Flair and Heenan in 1992.

Bret Hart's entrance in 1997.

2001 when Rock and Austin were down in opposite corners and locked eyes, pulled themselves up and brawled.

Mr. Perfect's return in 2002. He was made to look strong in the match, but they gave him nothing after that. I was hoping for Perfect vs. Angle at Wrestlemania but they wasted on Angle on Kane for some reason.

Jericho entering 1 (or 2?) in 2003 and lasting a while. I was excited because it seemed like that they were really trying to build Jericho back up after making look like shit for most of 2002.

Benoit in 2004.

I like all of Kofi's spots but my favourite was the handstand/handwalking one from 2012 I think.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
I never understood the John Cena '08 one, wasn't really watching wrestling. Was he really well liked at that time?

He was not liked at the time. But he torn his pec in October and the time line given was 6-8 months. He came back in 3, and there was no leak at all about the surprise return. So surprise return, #30 entrant, MSG. The place exploded because NO ONE expected it. People went back to hating him after the Rumble though. they were just happy to see him back. And it made for a nice moment too.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
He was not liked at the time. But he torn his pec in October and the time line given was 6-8 months. He came back in 3, and there was no leak at all about the surprise return. So surprise return, #30 entrant, MSG. The place exploded because NO ONE expected it. People went back to hating him after the Rumble though. they were just happy to see him back. And it made for a nice moment too.
True. I hated Cena and even I marked out. Not cheering, but I was screaming, ha ha.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Yeah 2008 was probably the peak of the Cena hate. But I don't remember even a little bit of speculation of him making an appearance. A legitimate surprise. When is the last time that has happened for a star? I can't think of anything in the last 10 years. Can anyone else?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Yeah 2008 was probably the peak of the Cena hate. But I don't remember even a little bit of speculation of him making an appearance. A legitimate surprise. When is the last time that has happened for a star? I can't think of anything in the last 10 years. Can anyone else?
Probably Edge in 2010. I think Jericho’s Rumble appearance when he arrived at #2.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I'm not sure which return it was for Jericho, but I remember that one time he was hidden away in his truck all day as no one was meant to know he was there, haven driven in from out of town. But it leaked the morning of the show and every knew about it, except himself as he stayed hidden the entire time and no one told him.

Kinda an inverted surprise I guess.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Yeah, with Edge it was more or less around the recovery time for his injury, so you had all the standard injury return rumours and speculation at the very least. He was always going to be back for 'Mania, was just a case of 'when' more then 'if'.

Him being there was a surprise, but not really an unexpected one.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Yeah, I remember Edge returning being all over the dirtsheets. It was a still a bit of a surprise but not on the level of Cena in 2008. I think WWE wanted it to be like Cena's return but they couldn't keep that one under wraps.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Question: Do they usually have other matches on the card during the Royal Rumble? I'm assuming so, but have only actually watched it on YouTube so I wouldn't know for sure.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Question: Do they usually have other matches on the card during the Royal Rumble? I'm assuming so, but have only actually watched it on YouTube so I wouldn't know for sure.

Yes it's like any other PPV. There will be less matches though because the Rumble takes so much time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad