Your favorite Royal Rumble Moment

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I watch this about a few times per month and still get chills:

And I watch CM Punk's SES Rumble work at least once a month. Probably the best Royal Rumble work I've ever seen. Hilarious, entertaining, awesome. The GTS to Beth was insanely cool. His acting was insane. Incredible stuff.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Bret Hart and Stone cold in 1997. Stone cold had cleared the ring during the Rumble and he was sitting on the turn buckle looking exhausted, when the Squeal of the Guitar hit and Bret came to the ring and Austin had this oh crap look on his face and then the two just brawled.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
92 heenan
For isolated moments it’s a bit trickier, but punk cutting promos during the match probably takes the cake

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Kane going ham with the weapons in Royal Rumble 2001.

Also Scotty 2 Hotty constantly getting destroyed in Rumbles. I think there's a Reddit post on it.

Maven eliminating Undertaker was really fun too.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
All my favorites have been listed:

-AJ's debut
-Punk during the 2010 Rumble (I always hated that HHH was the one to eliminate him and did so very early).
-Basically all of the 1992 Rumble

I think another one was Mr. Perfect being an entrant in the 2003 Rumble. He got a huge reaction from the crowd and made it to the Final Four.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
2000 Rumble because its awful but it was the first wrestling VHS I ever had. outside of the rumble, that Hardy's v Dudleys table match got me into wrestling. the Triple H v Cactus Jack street fight didnt hurt either

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Which Rumble was it when Punk was delivering sermons between eliminations? Was it the above mentioned 2010? Cause that was amazing. :laugh:

Wyatt did something similar a few years ago which I thought was amazing too.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
By the by - if CM Punk lasted longer in the 2010 Rumble, I would have said that was one of the best Rumbles in a long time. It was really good. His opening act was terrific. HBK eliminating everyone was awesome. HBK coming up short was great. Edge was a surprise comeback and the staredown with Jericho was awesome.

Very underrated Rumble.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
My favourites have been mentioned. Mr. Perfect's surprise run in 2002 was my favourite. I also enjoyed the Maven situation, though I do think that for the sake of some semblance of internal logic f a wrestler is eliminated by someone who is not an active participant in the match then it shouldn't count.

I also like seeing Stone Cold and Hart mentioned. That was one of the finest sets of in ring foils I have ever seen.

Last edited:

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Cena's return at #30 (2008?) was nice as at the time it was a shock.

Also Scotty 2 Hotty constantly getting destroyed in Rumbles. I think there's a Reddit post on it.

There are two that blur...I think it was 2001 with Scotty 2 Hottie came out and the ring only had Undertake and Kane in it. He had this wide eyed look of "Oh Shit"

Then I think it was the next year there was a similar incident where The Hurricane came out and it was only Austin and HHH in the ring.

Reactions: BonMorrison

quoipourquoi

Goaltender
Jan 26, 2009
Hockeytown, MI
In retrospect, the final four in 2005 was pretty special. It came down to four wrestlers who had never been world champions, and within the next few years, each of them had won a Royal Rumble and multiple WWE/World Heavyweight Championships, factoring into 13 of the next 14 WrestleMania title matches.

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
My favorite single moment was in '92 about halfway through the march. Flair had managed to be the last one standing after the ring cleared, seemingly collapses from exhaustation, only to have the next entrant be his arch-enemy Roddy Piper.

Loved the Curt Hennig run in '02. I was just excited that he was coming back to make an appearance. Never dreamed he'd make the final 4, with a strong performance that probably played a huge role in him making it back onto the roster.

And although it was kind of morbid, I' ll never forget the Rumble where early in the match there was about 5 minutes which solely consisted of everybody chopping Daniel Puder as hard as possible.

Last edited:

spitsfan24

Mar 18, 2017
Probably Cena returning at the '08 rumble. To see everyone OPENLY cheer Cena was a special moment.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Whenever I think of the RR I always think of this moment for some reason...

2007-sabu.gif

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Not really a "moment," but Undertaker and Shawn Michaels having their 10-minute mini-match to close the Royal Rumble in 2007 was just so much fun.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
My favorite single moment was in '92 about halfway through the march. Flair had managed to be the last one standing after the ring cleared, seemingly collapses from exhaustation, only to have the next entrant be his arch-enemy Roddy Piper.

Loved the Curt Hennig run in '02. I was just excited that he was coming back to make an appearance. Never dreamed he'd make the final 4, with a strong performance that probably played a huge role in him making it back onto the roster.

And although it was kind of morbid, I' ll never forget the Rumble where early in the match there was about 5 minutes which solely consisted of everybody chopping Daniel Puder as hard as possible.

Man the Puder beatdown was a huge lowlight for me. I get why they did it but I still didn't like it.

Heenan's commentary during the 92 rumble was so good. He was so on point

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->