Your favorite player of this tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

swisdan

Feb 18, 2005
earth
qube.cpacon.com
Ryderama said:
same here..

Without Nash, Canada would have been the joke of the tournament so far

It is not right. A lot of credit goes to Joe Thornton also.

I have seen this two players all the season. And they did't play in the same line! Thornton - like a winger - in the second line, and Nash in the first line.

Riesen - Von Arx - Nash
Hagman - Marha - Thornton

For my favourit: Martin Gerber

teme

Feb 28, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
I'll do a full All-Star (I'll skip the goalies):

Nash - Thornton - Jagr
Väänänen - Kronval

Väänänen is an absolute rock and Jagr (when he plays) looks like Jaromir of the old. Rest are no-brainers.

Second unit, out of guys who have been way better than I expected:
Hagman - Cajanek - Ruutu
Streit - Jönsson

Hagman is arguably Finns top forward, which is damn impressive for a guy who by no means was a lock to even make the roster. Ruutu has been perfect in his role, scored a huge goal and only has one penalty! Cajanek is one of the best centers of the tournament IMO, really solid two-way play and concequently has the best +/- for the Czech team. Swiss captain Mark Streit plays a classy no non-sense game, and is scoring at point a game pace.

Cole and Samuelson have been very impressive too, but I'm a homer :)

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
I thought that Lacroix was out of his mind when he traded Morris + Ballard for Vaananen + Gratton + 2nd pick but after playoff and world cup I changed my opinion. And today Vaananen proves that he worth it.

Alfons

May 3, 2004
Rocky Saginuts said:
Nash is a perfect example of what's wrong with the NHL. Too many teams, and watered down talent. He's stuck in sink-hole Columbus with a bunch of gooblers trying to keep up with him, and get him the puck.

Just imagine what he could do with 2 top-flight line-mates all year long. It's gotta be frustrating for him personally to know the next five years are toiling for a crap team.

He reminds me of Jagr 6-7 years ago. Different style - more aggressive and less of a 1 on 1 threat - but every time he touched the puck, you start to rise out of your seat. :bow:

Heard of Zherdev? He is at least as talented as Nash and a better playmaker. If I´m not mistaken Nash played with D. Vyborny who actually is a Very good player. (He played for the Czechs in World Cup for example). I think Kovalchuk produced more on his own than Nash last season. Still Nash is and will be a very good player but let´s not go overboard from a few qualifying round world championship games.

Steveorama

Aug 20, 2003
Oakville, ON
Visit site
Alfons said:
Heard of Zherdev? He is at least as talented as Nash and a better playmaker. If I´m not mistaken Nash played with D. Vyborny who actually is a Very good player. (He played for the Czechs in World Cup for example). I think Kovalchuk produced more on his own than Nash last season. Still Nash is and will be a very good player but let´s not go overboard from a few qualifying round world championship games.

I doubt if you can find one NHL GM who will say (with a straight face) he would rather have a Kovalchuk or a Zherdev on his team than Rick Nash.
And it isn't just his performance from a few WC games. The guy led the league in goals last year at the age of 19! He is the real deal.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
Rick Nash sure looks great in this tournament, but two playmakers impressed the heck out of me: Joe Thornton and Doug Weight.

Everytime those guys touch the puck, something happens. Nash is getting all the credit but he wouldn't have half the goals he has if he wasn't playing with Thornton.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Who knows...TSN and their "top flight coverage" is crap. All i see is Canada and the occasional US game.
Great work TSN. This is supposed to be the World Championships, there is no other meaningful hockey this year....and this is the best TSN has to offer. Blurry High Definition, no depth to the programming....(why dould anyone want to watch Czech-Slovakia ? christsakes , or Russia....)

Thanks for the 8 games TSN well done.

So in short, while im sure i would have a couple players i'd love to watch in this tourney other than Nash and Thornton, thanks to TSN's craptacular coverage i'll have to stick with "Special" Ed "The Giveaway Machine" on the Canadian blueline. I find his uselessness has been one of the more entertaining parts of the World Championship so far.

oilers144

Jul 4, 2004
edmoton
yes i am pissed with tsns coverage i really wanted to see a russia game bad so i can see how ovechkin is playing agianst nhl type players but i havent had a chance cause they arent playing any russian games which really pissed me off

but nash is insane also another player at times who has shined is doan but other times hes played like crap but u can say that about almost every canada player in this tounranment so far besides nash and thorotn who have been consistant

and does any1 no a link so i can see ovechkins goals in the tournament?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad