Your favorite player of this tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wassup77

Nov 15, 2004
Sweden
Who is your favorite player so far? if you had a favorite before the tournament, forget about him and say who has impressed you most in this tournament!

For me its Rick Nash. I've never seen a guy try so hard to score goals. After seeing him get so frustrated against Sweden that he hooked the referee in the end made me laugh! what a guy he is! :clap:

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
61 has scored at least one goal in every game...several of the :eek: variety...funny thing is...so many other player on Canada seem to think they have to take chances/gamble to produce. With 61 scoring at will...I think the rest of Team Canada should focus on defence.
61 is far and away the best in the tourney...followed by Martin Gerber and Ziggy Palffy

Rocky Saginuts

Jul 21, 2004
Hamildump, Ontario
Nash is a perfect example of what's wrong with the NHL. Too many teams, and watered down talent. He's stuck in sink-hole Columbus with a bunch of gooblers trying to keep up with him, and get him the puck.

Just imagine what he could do with 2 top-flight line-mates all year long. It's gotta be frustrating for him personally to know the next five years are toiling for a crap team.

He reminds me of Jagr 6-7 years ago. Different style - more aggressive and less of a 1 on 1 threat - but every time he touched the puck, you start to rise out of your seat. :bow:

X0ssbar

Rocky Saginuts said:
Nash is a perfect example of what's wrong with the NHL. Too many teams, and watered down talent. He's stuck in sink-hole Columbus with a bunch of gooblers trying to keep up with him, and get him the puck.

Here we go again - I'll take "buy a clue" for $100 Alex.. :shakehead

OT - Nash followed by Cole for me.. I did like what I saw from Parise today as well..

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Most Canadians have been unable to see how impressive Slovaks Gaborik and Hossa are playing, and the Belarussian Mezin is by far the best netminder in the tourney.

Having watched all the games, I'd say the one player who makes me go wow the most has been Ossi Vaananen. I am a new fan of his.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I have not been impressed with Cole's skill in this tourney. In fact, I think less of him now in terms of talent. He's playing like a third liner: full of heart but with several mistakes because of it (overplaying the puck, coughing up and fanning the puck, getting knocked around and down, slipping while trying to make a move, etc).

But I have gained some respect for his determination. I like guys who give it their all.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
VanIslander said:
I have not been impressed with Cole's skill in this tourney. In fact, I think less of him now in terms of talent. He's playing like a third liner: full of heart but with several mistakes because of it (overplaying the puck, coughing up and fanning the puck, getting knocked around and down, slipping while trying to make a move, etc).

But I have gained some respect for his determination. I like guys who give it their all.

Yeah, all he has is five points and scored a beaut on a breakaway today against Sweden, not to mention setting up Modano with a sweet feed for his goal. Yeah, no skill there......... :shakehead

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I never said no skill, I said plenty of mistakes because of overeagerness, like a third liner trying to play above his ability.

loadie

Official Beer Taster
Sponsor
Jan 1, 2003
New Brunswick
Ruutu for me. He certainly adds some color to the games he's in. I like his in your face play. The game against Sweden was fun to watch, mainly due to him. For simple skills, I 'd go with Nash, he's awesome.

wassup77

Nov 15, 2004
Sweden
loadie said:
Ruutu for me. He certainly adds some color to the games he's in. I like his in your face play. The game against Sweden was fun to watch, mainly due to him. For simple skills, I 'd go with Nash, he's awesome.

Yeah Ruutu owns! but he was already my favorite player ;)

jacketracket*

Rocky Saginuts said:

Just imagine what he could do with 2 top-flight line-mates all year long. It's gotta be frustrating for him personally to know the next five years are toiling for a crap team.
Yep ... that's the problem with the NHL. :rolleyes: With gems like this one, you should post more often. I feel as if I'm being cheated.

RoyIsALegend*

1. Ossi Vaananen
2. Alexander Ovechkin
3. John-Michael Liles

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Thornton isn't getting the credit he deserves. Sure Nash might be playing better than him right now, but Thornton isn't far behind ( if at all ), and is easily the 2nd best player in the tourney right now.

RoyIsALegend*

2agingmonk said:
Thornton isn't getting the credit he deserves. Sure Nash might be playing better than him right now, but Thornton isn't far behind ( if at all ), and is easily the 2nd best player in the tourney right now.

This question is in regards to your favourite player at the tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad