Your favorite hockey quotes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane

Nov 6, 2003
United Kingdom
Visit site
"I think he knows all my tricks. Or the fact I don't have any tricks." - Detroit Red Wings Foward Brendan Shanahan on trying to score against Maple Leafs goalie Curtis Joseph

"I'm hoping for a bench clearing brawl during the warm up so I can go out and grab his stick." - Ron Tugnutt on Gretzky's last game in Canada against the Ottawa Senators

"Man that guy is ripped! I mean, I've got the washboard stomach, too. It's just tht mine has about two months of laundry on top of it." - Shawn Burr on Eric Lindros

"Anytime you hold Dallas to one touchdown, it's not all bad." - Phoenix Coyotes General Manager Bobby Smith after a Coyote 7-2 loss to Dallas

"I don't think. I've told you guys before, goalies don't think." - Detroit Red Wings goaltender Chris Osgood on his thoughts about facing Wayne Gretzky coming on a breakaway

"They'll do a lot of talking, but I'm not sure they'll understand each other." - Detroit's Darren McCarty on putting Konstantinov out against Lemieux

"All the records were gone. So I figured here's one record I can get." - Robert Dirk, after being assessed the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim's first ever instigator penalty

"The remedy, right now, is two scotches and an aspirin, I think." - Bruins General Manager Harry Sinden after his team was eliminated from the playoffs

"I go from locker to locker, pretending the guys are here. You know, give them a little bit of a pep talk. It must be working, because we haven't lost a game yet." - Tom McVie talking about his activities during the 1994 lockout

"Now we've got men 6'1' who look small. Now a guy like Marty (McSorley) doesn't even standout on the ice, except for his beautiful blond hair." - LA Kings Head Coach Barry Melrose describing his 1994-95 team

"I would be sitting there, thinking about him and how I wanted to kill him. In my mind, I'd be cutting his eyes out with my stick." - Brett Hull on former Blues coach Mike Keenan

"Daneyko got mad when Kaminski said he was going to knock his teeth out. Dano has only two teeth left, so you can't say that to Dano." - New Jersey Devils Head Coach Jacques Lemaire in the Ken Daneyko/Kevin Kaminski fued

Rattrick

Oct 31, 2002
Orlando, FL
www.rattrick.com
Steve Rushin: "By the age of 18, the average American has witnessed 200,000 acts of violence on television, most of them occurring during Game 1 of the NHL playoff series." Brian Skrudland, on the new two-referee system: "I think the game has gotten better. (The two-ref system) keeps players from taking cheap shots behind the play. I never thought I'd like it, considering the way I like to hack."

Ogopogo*

Benton Fraser said:
I don't agree with what he said about Gretzky (although his game did have some flaws), but to call him a racist is just stupid.

He is racist against Anglophones. His severe French Canadian bias borders on racism.

mcphee

Feb 6, 2003
Visit site
Ogopogo said:
He is racist against Anglophones. His severe French Canadian bias borders on racism.
Ogo,I don't think Chooch is a francophone. I could be wrong but I don't think the ethnicity of these guys comes into play. Maybe a Habs vs. rest of world biase.

on quotes, Claude Ruel giving a pep talk before a HNIC national game. 'C'mon guys,they're watching you tonight from one Atlantic to the other'.

mcphee

Feb 6, 2003
Visit site
Chili said:
Gotta have a Red Storey quote on this thread...

Legendary NHL (and CFL) referee Red Storey was once caught in a freak snowstorm on his way to officiate a game at Boston Garden. As a result the game was delayed for nearly an hour. When he finally arrived, Storey was met by angry cries from impatient fans. "What time are you gonna get going!?" one man asked. "If I could tell time," Red replied, "do you think I'd still be a referee!?"

Chili, I don't think Storey ever reffed in the CFL. He played, in fact I think he was MVP of a Grey Cup game for Toronto, back in the war years.

bigjfnd

Apr 2, 2005
Nova Scotia
Shane said:
"I would be sitting there, thinking about him and how I wanted to kill him. In my mind, I'd be cutting his eyes out with my stick[/I]." - Brett Hull on former Blues coach Mike Keenan

"He's the type of guy who'll stab you in the back right to your face." - Hull on Keenan.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
"You hated him for 364 days a year. And on the 365th day,
you collected your Stanley Cup rings."

~Former Montreal Canadien Steve Shutt (about Scotty Bowman)

newf

Jan 6, 2004
Visit site
can't remember who said it about tim hunter, but:
"he looks like he ran a 100 yard race in a 90 yard gym"

i can't find a good picture to post, but if you've seen him, you know what a great line this is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad