Your favorite hockey quotes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogopogo*

After Messier just finished cross checking a Penguins player once, twice, three times - finally breaking his stick over the guy - he gets a penalty. He skates up to the referee and delivers the all time classic:

"What? I get a penatly for breaking my fu*king stick?"

Last edited by a moderator:

Ronald Pagan

Feb 8, 2005
Ville Niemenen from the world championships:

"You have to wonder: man can walk on the moon, but they can't fix the ice here!"

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Boris Mironov, on playing with a sore ankle...

"I just tape four Tylenols to it."

Ogopogo*

Bryan McCabe

"I would sit out the rest of my life before I would play under a salary cap"

Anybody here invited to his retirement party? :biglaugh:

Ogopogo*

Trevor Linden was asked (1994 work stoppage) his opinion on rapidly rising player salaries driving ticket prices so high that average families cannot afford to go to games any more.

"Let them go to the carnival then"

Ever since that interview I have had a serious HATE on for Linden. And I have not paid to see a Canucks game since.

Last edited by a moderator:

Murphy

Apr 2, 2005
Edmonton
I never knew Linden said that. If in fact it's true then he is a true ass-clown.

I've always liked Bob Johnson's quote, "Its a great day for hockey"

Ogopogo*

Murphy2 said:
I never knew Linden said that. If in fact it's true then he is a true ass-clown.

I've always liked Bob Johnson's quote, "Its a great day for hockey"

Very true indeed. I saw it on the 6:00 BCTV news (now BCTV on Global) and I also watched the 11:00 news just to make sure I saw what I saw. He said those exact words.

Ass-clown is a good description.

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
Harold Ballard had a couple that always make me crack up... "Women are best in one position- on their backs", which he directed towards Barbara Frum.

After a streaker appeared during a Blues/Leafs game, he said "I was happy to have an attraction in our building that we didn't have to pay for."

Then there's the greatest of all-time, delivered by good ole St. Pat:

"I can't hear what Jeremy says, because I've got my two Stanley Cup rings plugging my ears."

Murphy

Apr 2, 2005
Edmonton
When Shaun Van Allen as an Oiler was knocked out cold, he couldn't remember who he was when he came too. Ted Green quipped, "Tell him he's Wayne Gretzky"....... :biglaugh:

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
A decade ago Vancouver Canuck Martin Gelinas was asked about the health of his linemate Trevor Linden, who had a series of then-recent small injuries after having begun his career with a long streak of healthy play, the longest of any player in the league, so it was with some wit and a lot of humour when Martin said:

"He's gone from the Iron Man to Tin Man" :biglaugh:

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
Mr Bugg said:
"I can't hear what Jeremy says, because I've got my two Stanley Cup rings plugging my ears."

That was the first one that came to my mind.

I forget who said this, but a coach was asked why he used both goalies in the game

"They were the only two I had"

Gretzky: "You miss 100% of the shots you never take"

Bobby Smith: "We’re looking forward to building the type of team the Rangers are able to buy."

Herb Brooks: "You're playing worse every day and right now you're playing like the middle of next week."

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
There are two quotes that I like:

Mike Modano: Asked what was the best part of his time in Prince Albert, playing for the Raiders, Modano responds, "Leaving." Ouch. :D

A Swedish player (perhaps Salming?), responding to why the Swedish NT lost a game: "Our problem tonight is that we had too many Swedes."

mr gib

Sep 19, 2004
vancouver
www.bigtopkarma.com
Bring Back Bucky said:
Harry Neale coaching the Canucks " We stink on the road, we can't win at home. OUr greatest problem is I can't think of anywhere else to play"
that's hockey - jim hughson -
anything by howie meeker - by jiminy

he shoots he scores - foster hewitt

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
Tricolore#20 said:
There are two quotes that I like:

Mike Modano: Asked what was the best part of his time in Prince Albert, playing for the Raiders, Modano responds, "Leaving." Ouch. :D

A Swedish player (perhaps Salming?), responding to why the Swedish NT lost a game: "Our problem tonight is that we had too many Swedes."

Everyone knows Prince Albert has a ban on giant farrah-fawcett haired fantastic poodles, so it is understandable why M-squared was disappointed with his experience there...

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
The night they truly became the "Broad Street Bullies" was December 29, 1972 in Vancouver. http://www.flyershistory.com/cgi-bi...re.cgi?19720290

Four Flyers went into the stands after someone reached over and grabbed Don Saleski by the hair as he was fighting with Barry Wilcox.

On the return trip to Vancouver 4 Flyers had to appear in court, most assumed it would be a quiet night ... that wasn't to be the base and their reputation was cemented.

Dupont bloodied Bobby Schmautz with a high stick and Clarke and Macliesh scored shorthanded during thr Canucks 5 minute pp. Flyers went on to win 10-5 http://www.flyershistory.com/cgi-bi...re.cgi?19720437 .. and Andre "the Moose" Dupont had an all-time quote after the game (spoken in a heavy French accent):

"That was a lot of fun. We don't go to jail, we beat up their chicken forwards, we score ten goals, and we win. And now the Moose drinks beer."

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
"Goaltending is a normal job. Sure! How would you like it in your job if every time you made a small mistake, a red light went on over your desk and fifteen thousand people stood up and yelled at you."

-Jacques Plante.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad