Your choice as Leaf captain ?

Pyromaniac3

Dec 19, 2011
Toronto
At the end of Carlyle's tenure in Anaheim, media widely speculated if Getzlaf was a good captain.

Now look where he is. Same thing will happen to Phaneuf.

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
lupul as the C, L-O-L...

The pretty boy persona ruins it for him with his injuries. Without those he'd be a great candidate.

Can play physical style which bodes well for playoff games.

Skilled enough to brake a game.

Has enough NHL experience and smarts.

JimmyPower

Apr 25, 2007
No one on this team deserves to be captain. I voted for Komarov just for ***** and giggles since he brings it every game, although obviously he lacks a certain skill set to be Captain. .. Then again, so does Phaneuf.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
It amazes me that people thing that removing a letter from a jersey will magically fix all of our problems

Mystifo

No more Mr.FightGuy
May 26, 2011
YYT
How about we name the stick guy our captain? That way when a stick breaks we can blame the captain.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
JVR. Shows passion, and is good with the media, taking his part of the blame and representing his team.

I second this. While Komarov might have the work ethic and locker room presence of a captain, there's just something about JVR that makes me think he would thrive as one.

Wami

Chicken Lyfe'
Mar 8, 2013
JVR, good camera presence to the media, often disagrees with reporters and tell it how it is, very skilled, Olympian, chews that mouthpiece well, and most importantly has great hair.

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
I don't think its fair for anyone of us to make the call on captaincy. We have no idea what goes on behind closed doors. If the team felt that Dion was the man for the job, then so be it. I'm sure they know who their leader is better then us.

Last edited:

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Went JVR mostly because I don't know who else which is kinda sad really.

Blufreezy

May 1, 2013
I don't think its fair for anyone of us to make the call on captaincy. We have no idea what goes on behind closed doors. If the team felt that Dion was the man for the job, then so be it. I'm sure they know who there leader is better then us.

Keep your logic and common sense out of here!

HeroNtF

Jul 9, 2012
If given phanuef lost the c, he would have to be gone.

Three a's go to komarov, polak, clarkson. Let heart and effort lead the way, and to trick edmonton i to thinking clarkson is the leadership they need.

Mindrust

Feb 28, 2013
It's pretty simple. Pick the guy who works the hardest so it'll rub off on the team. That guy is Komarov. Plus, they love him in the locker room.

Lauro

Charlie Conacher
Jun 28, 2008
Berlin
Komarov might be the best option, but it could hamper his playing style. I'd choose Robidas until Rielly is ready.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
I choose no one.

By the way this is kinda sad, this isnt PHaneuffs fault.Because there are none, 3 A's is fine. Burke's fault for all the testotorone, grit , character and whatever he only came up with Percy who is way too young.

Last edited:

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
IF he isn't traded, Lupul should be made next captain. Its been argued for years that he's been our TRUE captain, in the eyes of the fans and players.

Komarov, although a great energy guy is not a team captain. I'd be happy to give him an "A" though for his lead by example work ethic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad