OT: Your Caps Collection, now with more Lord Stanley & Reverse Retro (all-purpose jersey, memorabilia, clothing, etc discussion thread)

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC
Ive got an enormous Gartner jersey from the 80's, a black Ovechkin jersey from his rookie season, and a white Ovechkin winter classic jersey.

I always find myself looking to buy another but chickening out due to the price. Man those things are incredibly pricey.

So...no Joel Ward.

Gartner, Hunter, Gustafsson, Stevens old reds/whites - real jerseys from the equipment room, but not game worn - Bengt's is so small I cannot even wear it.
Bondra Blue
Backstrom red bought at his first game
Johansson Winter Classic White
Carlson Team USA
Oshie Throwback Red
Ovechkin Dynamo

Shirzies -
CAPS - Hunter, Gartner, Kolzig, Backstrom, Ovechkin, Holtby, Varlamov, Ward, Kuznetsov
From Other Cities that I've been to - Kings - Kopitar, Gaborik | San Jose - Marleau, Couture | Anaheim - Getzlaf | Dallas - Benn | Calgary - Monahan | Vancouver - Horvat | Edmonton - Draisaitl | Winnipeg - Laine | St. Louis - Steen | Colorado - Sakic | Flyers - Ryan White

Numerous Bobbles, rally towels, scarves, hats, pucks, and other general logo-wear. Never got into collecting sticks or other equipment.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
So...no Joel Ward.

Gartner, Hunter, Gustafsson, Stevens old reds/whites - real jerseys from the equipment room, but not game worn - Bengt's is so small I cannot even wear it.
Bondra Blue
Carlson Team USA
Oshie Throwback Red
Ovechkin Dynamo

Shirzies -
CAPS - Hunter, Gartner, Kolzig, Backstrom, Ovechkin, Holtby, Varlamov, Ward, Kuznetsov
From Other Cities that I've been to - Kings - Kopitar, Gaborik | San Jose - Marleau, Couture | Anaheim - Getzlaf | Dallas - Benn | Calgary - Monahan | Vancouver - Horvat | Edmonton - Draisaitl | Winnipeg - Laine | St. Louis - Steen | Colorado - Sakic | Flyers - Ryan White

Numerous Bobbles, rally towels, scarves, hats, pucks, and other general logo-wear. Never got into collecting sticks or other equipment.
Nice collection

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
So...no Joel Ward.

Bondra Blue
Carlson Team USA
Oshie Throwback Red
Ovechkin Dynamo

Shirzies -

A Bengt sweater? Swoon!

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
I've got a ton of stuff, but jerseys are kind of my hobby, this is what I've got (going from memory so likely to forget a few):

Home Red:
Ovechkin- Premier
Oshie- Premier
Williams-Premier
Kuznetsov-Premier
Backstrom-Authentic Reebok
Ovechkin w/ 40th Patch -Authentic Reebok
Orlov -Authentic Adidas
Vrana -Authentic Adidas
Ovechkin Authentic Signed

Away White:
Johansson-Premier
Holtby-Premier
Latta-Premier
Beagle w/ Centennial Patch- Premier
Carlson- Authentic Reebok

Black Capitol Building:
Kolzig
Ovechkin

White Screaming Eagle
Bondra
Hunter
Carey
blank
Ovechkin- signed authentic

Blue Screaming Eagle
Juneau
Kolzig w/ SCF 98 patch

2011 Winter Classic (as in it has the shoulder patch)
Custom w/ my last name

2012-14 Alternate (Winter Classic without patch)
Burakovsky-Premier
Alzner-Authentic

2015 Winter Classic
Ovechkin

2018 Stadium Series
Eller w/ patch - Authentic
Ovechkin w/o patch- Authentic

2015-17 Alternate Red
Wilson -Premier
Kuznetsov- Authentic
Custom premier with my name

Old school red sweater
Hunter
Bondra
Langway

Old school white sweater
Gartner
Langway

Misc.

Alzner Practice
Ovechkin IIHF Russia
Orlov World Cup Russia
Kuznetsov World Cup Russia
Holtby World Cup Canada
Oshie World Cup USA
Carlson World Cup USA
Oshie Olympics 2014
Orpik Olympics 2010
Backstrom Sweden
Grubauer Team Europe World Cup
Kuznetsov Traktor
Backstrom Moscow Dynamo
Ovechkin Moscow Dynamo
Burakovsky Eerie Otters
Holtby Hershey Bears
Vrana Hershey Bears
blank Hershey Bears
St. Patricks day practice jersey

I'd like to think I'm done, at this point I'm really only looking to add a Samsonov Metalburg, a white screaming eagle Ovechkin (the signed one is framed), a black Halpern, and a white authentic Adidas. The last request is more out of irritation, I have every iteration of the Caps jersey designs save for small changes that occurred with the crest size and the stars in the 1980s. When Adidas adjusted the piping on the new sweaters it bothered me that my collection was now incomplete, here's the irritating part to the max, they do not make authentic customized white sweaters. Macy's and Lid's are ironically the only retailers I've found that have authentic Adidas white's, but they don't customize, so it's blank. So I'm going to have to order one and then send it off to EPS to be customized all because my OCD can't handle that I don't have the right piping.

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
Great collection!

I wore my 1990 patrick champions polo at work yesterday.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
My collection:

Clothes

1974 trucker-style cap that was my dad's
Original white home Langway sweater with the captain's C
Signed old-school red Bondra sweater.
Fedorov Soviet practice jersey.
Backstrom dark red Winter Classic
Ovie current third style white with captain's C
Clark new design road white with the captain's C
Holtby current third style red
Signed Czech Jagr (from Prague, was a gift, puke)
Wilson Stadium Series navy blue
Blue STH gift jacket
Red STH gift hoodie
Red weagle cap

Pucks
Signed Hotlby
Signed Tinordi
Blank old-style home white logo

Stuff
Weagle Club Red lunchbox (dented, unfortunately)
Holtbeast action figure

Last edited:

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Cool on the 1974 trucker!

Pictures on that stuff?
Sorry for the delayed reply:
IMG_0239.jpg
IMG_0240.jpg

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
I have a few sticks that are mounted in my basement, most would probably be pretty lame to the casual fan. I have a game used and signed Hunter, Laughlin, and Brent Johnson, game used Konowalchuk and K. Hatcher, and then one of Holtby's spare Winter Classic sticks.

I'm in the market for anything Alan May at the moment.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
My favorite stuff has always been the personalized stuff like pictures and signatures.

The trainer took my son into the locker room and took this picture with my phone in Ovie's locker. He also ran into the shower with my son's custom Ovechkin puck and got it signed. :nod: My son didn't speak for like ten minutes even though I was pumping him with questions. :laugh:

Thats awesome they still do that. We had season tickets in the 80s and early 90s, my dad knew a pretty high up marketing guy for the Caps and he would buy some radio ad time during Caps games.

A few times a year we would get to go in the locker room right after games. Gets sticks, pucks, whatever. They gave me and my brother a full head to toe equipment in their smallest size. We had sticks signed by every capital, I think one year they gave each season ticket holder like 30 pucks all individually signed by a capital. Basement full of used and signed sticks. Im a guy so this might sound weird, but ive seen dale hunter and a lot of caps buck naked. As like a 10 year old, its weird standing next to naked dudes. I cursed Dmitri Kristich one year. Last game of regular season before the playoffs. He was on a scoring tear. In locker room, I brought my lucky coin for him to rub for good luck. Only it didnt bring good luck. I dont think he scored a goal the entire playoffs.

Really awesome they still open up the locker room like that. I thought that would be something that they would phase out in this day and age. World was a different place in the 80s vs now.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Thats awesome they still do that. We had season tickets in the 80s and early 90s, my dad knew a pretty high up marketing guy for the Caps and he would buy some radio ad time during Caps games.

A few times a year we would get to go in the locker room right after games. Gets sticks, pucks, whatever. They gave me and my brother a full head to toe equipment in their smallest size. We had sticks signed by every capital, I think one year they gave each season ticket holder like 30 pucks all individually signed by a capital. Basement full of used and signed sticks. Im a guy so this might sound weird, but ive seen dale hunter and a lot of caps buck naked. As like a 10 year old, its weird standing next to naked dudes. I cursed Dmitri Kristich one year. Last game of regular season before the playoffs. He was on a scoring tear. In locker room, I brought my lucky coin for him to rub for good luck. Only it didnt bring good luck. I dont think he scored a goal the entire playoffs.

Really awesome they still open up the locker room like that. I thought that would be something that they would phase out in this day and age. World was a different place in the 80s vs now.

I love your story, pretty awesome stuff!

I think the main reason they took my son back was we were the only people (fans) at Kettler that day. My son had school day off while all the surrounding counties did not, we always try to head down to practice on those days.

Timing is everything in life.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I've got a ton of stuff, but jerseys are kind of my hobby, this is what I've got (going from memory so likely to forget a few):

Home Red:
Ovechkin- Premier
Oshie- Premier
Williams-Premier
Kuznetsov-Premier
Backstrom-Authentic Reebok
Ovechkin w/ 40th Patch -Authentic Reebok
Orlov -Authentic Adidas
Vrana -Authentic Adidas
Ovechkin Authentic Signed

Away White:
Johansson-Premier
Holtby-Premier
Latta-Premier
Beagle w/ Centennial Patch- Premier
Carlson- Authentic Reebok

Black Capitol Building:
Kolzig
Ovechkin

White Screaming Eagle
Bondra
Hunter
Carey
blank
Ovechkin- signed authentic

Blue Screaming Eagle
Juneau
Kolzig w/ SCF 98 patch

2011 Winter Classic (as in it has the shoulder patch)
Custom w/ my last name

2012-14 Alternate (Winter Classic without patch)
Burakovsky-Premier
Alzner-Authentic

2015 Winter Classic
Ovechkin

2018 Stadium Series
Eller w/ patch - Authentic
Ovechkin w/o patch- Authentic

2015-17 Alternate Red
Wilson -Premier
Kuznetsov- Authentic
Custom premier with my name

Old school red sweater
Hunter
Bondra
Langway

Old school white sweater
Gartner
Langway

Misc.

Alzner Practice
Ovechkin IIHF Russia
Orlov World Cup Russia
Kuznetsov World Cup Russia
Holtby World Cup Canada
Oshie World Cup USA
Carlson World Cup USA
Oshie Olympics 2014
Orpik Olympics 2010
Backstrom Sweden
Grubauer Team Europe World Cup
Kuznetsov Traktor
Backstrom Moscow Dynamo
Ovechkin Moscow Dynamo
Burakovsky Eerie Otters
Holtby Hershey Bears
Vrana Hershey Bears
blank Hershey Bears
St. Patricks day practice jersey

I'd like to think I'm done, at this point I'm really only looking to add a Samsonov Metalburg, a white screaming eagle Ovechkin (the signed one is framed), a black Halpern, and a white authentic Adidas. The last request is more out of irritation, I have every iteration of the Caps jersey designs save for small changes that occurred with the crest size and the stars in the 1980s. When Adidas adjusted the piping on the new sweaters it bothered me that my collection was now incomplete, here's the irritating part to the max, they do not make authentic customized white sweaters. Macy's and Lid's are ironically the only retailers I've found that have authentic Adidas white's, but they don't customize, so it's blank. So I'm going to have to order one and then send it off to EPS to be customized all because my OCD can't handle that I don't have the right piping.

I’ve got 150 or so jerseys. Maybe 50 that are game worn. Another 50 or so that are “authentic”, and then another 50 that are nice jerseys, but lower level. When I mean lower level, I mean 100 bucks or under.

My game worns are all over 400. My authentics are 150-400.

As an example, I just bought a blue Eric Charron 28 game worn from 1996

I have a Halpern. I need to find it and see what it is. Wouldn’ t mind swapping a jersey or 2 if you’re interested. PM me if so.

Last edited:
Reactions: VaCaps Fan

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
Seller “stadium style”on Amazon and eBay is great for cheap caps gear that is often vintage throwback.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 7

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
What brand and where did you get it? Been looking for one.

I think I got it at NHL.com..... I see now they have a tri-blend that may be better than nothing (cough cotton).

Men's Washington Capitals Fanatics Branded Red Distressed Primary Logo Tri-Blend T-Shirt

I had/have been stalking Kettler's inventory for years, for a quick dry jersey or heck a T with a name and number on the back but nope. Its obvious the hockey gear making world thinks proper hockey shirts are for cold weather only.

Don't they know the playoffs make us sweat profusely?

Last edited:
Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad