Your Capitals Bold Predictions

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I am going opposite George this year. I thus predict Poti will not play Saturday.

Ovi is a man. I am convinced men generally do not mature.

But if there's anything that could make a guy grow up a bit, settling down and getting married and having kids are the two that would do it...

I hope we see a freshly dedicated Ovechkin again...

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
This will be the most likeable Caps team in the Ovechkin Era. At this point it's the '07-08 team and it isn't close IMO. A newly focused Ovechkin would go a long way in helping that to be the case, particularly if it rubs off on the rest of the core.

There are real question marks at LW but overall I like the mix, esp. if Poti gets back to being a fairly reliable top 4D.

Dec 19, 2008
NoVA
I got in at EC champs 15-1 and SC champs 30-1. I think there is some real great value to this. Offensive system with defensive capabilities is the most intriguing thing in the last couple years to me.

Stewie G

Needed more hitting!
Oct 19, 2009
Caps re-acquire Semin at the deadline. The reaction to that would be priceless.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
But if there's anything that could make a guy grow up a bit, settling down and getting married and having kids are the two that would do it...

While i tend to agree, a sheep in wolves clothing never sleeps.

"Yes honey, we are in the hotel, going to bed soon. Potseluy bye bye."

Party!!!

@Stewie - Semin? Priceless and worth the price of admission.

@LN5 i am in with similar odds and +1 on the lessons learned playing defense last year. I think we put the cart before the horse and mega offense no defense. Like LA did with Terry Murray.

BTCG

Jun 16, 2006
I'm rolling with your hunch and trying to flesh it out a little.

The one I made about him coming outta the closet? ICK!!!!

Oh... you're "fleshing" out Randy, not Adam... so that's okay.

Wait... you're fleshing out Randy???? ICK!

BTCG

Jun 16, 2006

Getting married during the season hurt Ty Cobb (I'm reading Alexander's book on Cobb). Hurts most athletes for a time. Maybe AO will be different.

Caught my eye: Cobb's 1st major league home run was hit.... in Washington.

Last edited:

BTCG

Jun 16, 2006
This will be the most likeable Caps team in the Ovechkin Era. At this point it's the '07-08 team and it isn't close IMO. A newly focused Ovechkin would go a long way in helping that to be the case, particularly if it rubs off on the rest of the core.

There are real question marks at LW but overall I like the mix, esp. if Poti gets back to being a fairly reliable top 4D.

Hmmmm.... Poti helps us????

At his best, he's a "puck-mover" eh? And puck-mover is code for a guy who doesn't handle the puck well in his own zone.

Never thought Poti was much good.

One thing: his contract is up, which supplies some motivation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad