Your call as GM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Do we really need another 20 year old defenseman? As good as Jones might one day be, I'd look for a more established D who is already playing top pairing.

If I had to pick right now I'd say RNH is the odd man out, but the fact Hall/Drai are lighting the world on fire might have something to do with that.

To Edm: Hamonic and Nielson

To Nash: RNH

to NYI: Jones and Gaustad

Titsuple

Jun 23, 2009
edmonton
I wonder how many people wanted to trade Draisaitl for jones have changed there mind since the start of the year?

Jephman

Jun 1, 2010
Two thoughts: At the start of the year I never would've thought I'd say this but Nuge might be the first of the centres to go if a good defense offer came up. Also, I'm definitely in the camp that would've traded Draisaitl at the start of the year for a Jones type player but would be really gun shy now given his recent play.

McLotto 97

Believe in 13.5%
Mar 14, 2011
Edmonton
I said decline....

Hall is an absolute non starter. Hall is a beast :handclap:

10 Games is not enough to say Draisaitl will be better than RNH (although trending that way) NO way RNH should be traded now...maybe in the off season but i would rather have RNH on wing and trade Ebs or Yak. :nod:

10 Games is enough to warrant a hold and see how he turns out. LD may become the best player from that very good draft :amazed:

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
I was one of those fans but I never knew LD and Hall would click like that.
We have a lot of money coming off the cap this year with Nikitin, Purcell, Scrivens.
Ference only has 1 yr left and I am not even sure if I would buy him out as we won't need the cap room.
That is 9.4 mil in cap room with only really needing a goalie and dman.
I can also see Fayne getting moved out

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
I think Jones is overrated around here and I don't think he'd solve our issues. Yeah, he would be a nice addition but he's not adding any experience to a very young defense as is. I would probably do this trade 2 years from now but right now it doesn't solve anything.

space321

May 11, 2011
Decline. Most i'd offer for Jones is Eberle 1:1.

People have got to stop jumping on the trade RNH bandwagon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad