3. Wojtek Wolski
4. Rob Schremp
5. Rostislav Olesz
6. Marek Schwarz
7. Cam Barker
8. Alvaro Montoya
9. Evan McGrath
10. Wes' O Neill

I'm surpised you still have Mcgrath in your top 10.

I mean I really like Mcgrath (obviously because I'm from Oakville as well and followed him through the Blades), but I have to agree with the vast majority who have him falling into 20-30 range. He hasn't really taken a step forward this year the way many felt he would.

rubicon

Feb 19, 2004
I Ovechkin-I can't see a team passing him up
II Tukonen- Franchise player, in same class as Ovechkin
III Baker- Stong Dman will go to a team with need
IV Malkin- You can't teach size or work ethic
V Schremp- nobadoy can pass up this kind of talent regardless of off ice issues
VI Schwarz- simply put the best goalie prospect
VII Olesz- a little over rated, but no bust
VIII Linsin- a poor man's Tukonen with less size
IX Ellis- look for a last minure climb, or someboady is not doing their homework
X Salmonosson- will recover and shine

NYIschremp44

Oct 25, 2003
NYC
Rob Schremp
Alvaro Montoya
Drew Stafford
AJ Thelen
Adam Pineault
David Booth
Cory Schneider
T.J. Hensick
Kyle Koziara
Matt Auffrey :joker:

Alex Kovalev

Apr 28, 2002
Burlington, Ontario
Visit site
parisefan55 said:
Anyone who doesnt have Schremp in their Top 10 probably doesn't know how to add 2+2. I will remember this discussion come June and will be there to laugh in your face.

Man this is ridiculous. Trying to cause problems for nothing. I have him in my top 10 so I dont see why you would have a reason to laugh. I thought this is a hockey board where people can voice their own opinions.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
It's interesting how many opinions differ after Ovechkin, in regard to kids like Barker and Olesz. I figure the Memorial cup playoffs and the U18's will probably set things in stone a little bit better. At least I hope.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Jacobv2 said:
It's interesting how many opinions differ after Ovechkin, in regard to kids like Barker and Olesz. I figure the Memorial cup playoffs and the U18's will probably set things in stone a little bit better. At least I hope.

IMO, the buzz around Ovechkin has taken a sizable hit due to the hype surrounding Crosby. I know he's the consensus 1st overall pick, but has the gap glosed when it comes to other players? Kind of seems like it to me. Sort of a Jason Spezza situation.

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
Rabid Ranger said:
IMO, the buzz around Ovechkin has taken a sizable hit due to the hype surrounding Crosby. I know he's the consensus 1st overall pick, but has the gap glosed when it comes to other players? Kind of seems like it to me. Sort of a Jason Spezza situation.

Spezza was never even close to a lock for #1 like Ovechkin has been and is. Kovalchuk was the favourite to go #1 all year from what I can recall.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
1-Ovechkin
2-Malkin
3-Wolski
4-Olesz
5-Barker
6-Schremp
7-Montoya
8-Schwarz
9-Tukonen
10-Green

I didn't include Stafford, Pineault, Thelen or O'neil because they can opt out, but if they are in that may change the 9th & 10th pick. Huge fan of all of those guys.

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
Puckz said:
Really? I can honestly say I didn't know that... I thought a player only lost eligibility in hockey once accepting money or appointing an agent. Sorry for the misinformation then. So where would Thelen play next year if not signed to a pro contract? Would he have to go to the CHL and play in the WHL or OHL, something like that? One other question I have for you, Ryan Kesler of the Vancouver Canucks... How is it that at 19 he can play for the Manitoba Moose of the AHL, a league usually reserved for 20+? Is this because he has signed a pro contract and therefore can not go back to the NCAA? I thought this would have forced him to go play Major Junior but obviously not, was just curious about the apparent loophole there.

Any player drafted out of major junior cannot go to the AHL until their 20 year old season.

But europeans and college players can play in the AHL at any time. Kesler and Dipietro are two examples of the college players. Kalinin and Tezikov are a couple examples or euro's entering the AHL early.

FearTheFlyers

Feb 3, 2003
Visit site
Brock said:
I'm surpised you still have Mcgrath in your top 10.

I mean I really like Mcgrath (obviously because I'm from Oakville as well and followed him through the Blades), but I have to agree with the vast majority who have him falling into 20-30 range. He hasn't really taken a step forward this year the way many felt he would.

I still think Mcgrath has more raw talent than people like Chipchura or Green. he has defnetly impressed me when i've seen him and would take him 8-12 even if it meant having to be very patient with his developement, because he does have his off nights.

MePutPuckInNet

Jan 1, 2004
Toronto
Visit site
top 10

1. Malkin
2. Schremp
3. Ovechkin
4. Montoya
5. Valabik
6. Lepisto
7. Shantz
8. Wolski
9. Stafford
10 Barker

And as a sidenote to whoever said that Schremp was this year's O'Sullivan, I'd say there's nothing similar about their situations, and no one will be nearly as afraid to take Schremp as the moronic goons were of taking O'Sullivan. It's ok though, he'll get his revenge.....

leafaholix*

Rabid Ranger said:
I've seen scouts say that Ovechkin's one of the top 5 players in the world.

(Columbus and Minnesota scouts on TV)

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Leafaholix said:
I've seen scouts say that Ovechkin's one of the top 5 players in the world.

(Columbus and Minnesota scouts on TV)

I should clarify my comments. I don't doubt Ovechkin is one of the top five draft eligable players in the world, or that he will go number 1 overall. I just think the gap between him, and say Malkin isn't as great as once thought.

Alex Kovalev

Apr 28, 2002
Burlington, Ontario
Visit site
MePutPuckInNet said:
1. Malkin
2. Schremp
3. Ovechkin
4. Montoya
5. Valabik
6. Lepisto
7. Shantz
8. Wolski
9. Stafford
10 Barker

And as a sidenote to whoever said that Schremp was this year's O'Sullivan, I'd say there's nothing similar about their situations, and no one will be nearly as afraid to take Schremp as the moronic goons were of taking O'Sullivan. It's ok though, he'll get his revenge.....

I was the one who said it, but also mentioned that Schremp has too much skill to fall out of the top 10.

By the way, you overrate Valabik and Schantz. They are both two late round 1st or early 2nd round picks.

leafaholix*

Rabid Ranger said:
I should clarify my comments. I don't doubt Ovechkin is one of the top five draft eligable players in the world, or that he will go number 1 overall. I just think the gap between him, and say Malkin isn't as great as once thought.
I meant the scouts said he was one of the top 5 players in the world.

At any level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad